READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the notion that as long as you’re in the park before opening and no tech issues, you’ll get a bg of some kind is shot. Lots of complaints on other forums of not getting one the last couple of days. I’m hoping against hope they change the hours for mid-late March. 9am is going to be even worse I think.
Yeah - there’s definitely an aspect of “hope” that has now entered the equation.

I practiced from home using my iPhone SE and my iPad. Both were updated to the latest version, 5.8.1 and on data. I opened both apps at 7:58am and iPhone loaded faster even though it is a couple years older. iPhone got a boarding group first and by the time I turned to the iPad it was on backup boarding groups already, less than a minute.

I've tried from home many times now and it seems like the time on my phone is a few seconds ahead of Disney time. I think I will need to practice with a slight pause to see how long I need to wait until I am at the right time.

If riding this ride requires a team outside the park, that’s the point I’m officially out lol. I figure if 5 phones in the park can’t get us on, it wasn’t meant to be.
I totally get where you're coming from. But for me, it was just a nice mental comfort knowing we had backup. That ultimately all we really had to do was drag ourselves through the gates at 0 dark thirty and the rest could happen without us. Ultimately my daughter got the BG in the park for us that morning. But I liked having a backstop.

I wonder if the test done all night was to see if it was better to leave it up and running. I have no idea what the elements consist of or what tech they use, but some things do better when they are not turned off. Given the long start up and the fact that there are a lot of break downs shortly after starting in the morning this might be a ride that does better when it’s warm.

BG9 called at 8:12 with 2 hours to return. Just finished SDD, and going to do my Tower of Terror FP before going to ride!

You had the first BG of the day so it looks like they’ve abandoned the 1 hour window at least in the morning.

I totally get where you're coming from. But for me, it was just a nice mental comfort knowing we had backup. That ultimately all we really had to do was drag ourselves through the gates at 0 dark thirty and the rest could happen without us. Ultimately my daughter got the BG in the park for us that morning. But I liked having a backstop.

Oh I would like to have a back up too, for sure, but anyone who I would ask will be in the park with me. I’m out when it requires asking any warm body with an internet connection outside the parks to help you ride 😂.

That’s my line in the sand. Too much good at Disney to put that much time, effort, and planning into one attraction.

So, today...
I got 41 but then it disappeared & app screen when white with a scrolling choose your friends & family
Whaaaaaaat!!!!!
Kept that screen on app and went to GS umbrellas & waited 45 min
They were able to ‘see’ me having a BG but not DH.
they couldn’t get it to show on my updated app/newest iPhone
Had to fill out paperwork but THANKS they restored us to original BG
Phew
DEFF5A9E-8959-4F1C-8368-452EF6069C54.jpegFDD357F0-F4F9-4426-832E-3BFEC485E744.jpegC92EC837-D6D2-49BD-8024-E21E18511193.jpeg
heading at 7:25am

Oh I would like to have a back up too, for sure, but anyone who I would ask will be in the park with me. I’m out when it requires asking any warm body with an internet connection outside the parks to help you ride 😂.

That’s my line in the sand. Too much good at Disney to put that much time, effort, and planning into one attraction.
Lol, I started to ask DBF to install the app and also try from home for DD and I... He gave me a bemused look and interrupted me with an emphatic "um, NOPE!"

Whaaaa?! Dude, I LIVE with you, what the heck?!

Luckily ex-DH is game, considering DD is his only child and lives with him and she'd never let him hear the end of it if he didn't at least try. 😂

BG 21 on Thursday 2/13.

TY everyone for all assistance here! I'd never been to HS or much to Disney at all and not for ~ 10 years. Started from scratch several months back planning, downloading MDE, learning it, etc. So if I can do it, there should be hope for all, and MTFBWY. Love Star Wars and loved all the SW stuff at HS and will go back; feel very fortunate got a BG and for the whole day and experience.

My steps:
-Left walking from Dolphin 6:45
-Had bags. Stayed to right. Through security and then tapped magic band and through.
-Sitting on ledge about 50 feet from Anaheim Produce (by Tower of Terror) by ~ 7:10?
-Wasn't trying to RD any ride and had heard full Verizon bars there and wanted out of huge mass of people shoulder to shoulder, and to sit. Also had brought in breakfast and ate there.
-Checked to make sure tix for day said 0 days left for both in party -- i.e., that both recognized as in park.
-Iphone 11. Closed all apps swiping up. Shut off phone. Turned back on. Turned off Wifi, location, and bluetooth on phone and latter 2 in MDE specifically. Have not seen anyone talking about doing the latter, but practicing at home seemed fine and thought couldn't hurt. I had several days earlier updated my app to 5.8? But perhaps not 5.8.1 which actually might have been better?
-Closed MDE
-7:57 re-opened MDE. I have seen reports to open at 7:59:50 but that just made me too nervous in case of glitch opening. Other in party on iphone 6 was using that method.
-When iphone switched to 8:00, I hit "Find out More." I had previously seen that iphone was synchronized exactly to some recommended time sites so didn't bother having those open separately. Join Boarding group was red. Hit that, and went through normal steps of selecting party. BG 21.
-Very happy but then noticed at first, only I showed in the BG and we headed to guest services. However, on way, other in party saw on her phone she was in the group with me, and then mine switched to including us both about 30 seconds later -- awesome!
-The iphone 6 was getting through as well at 8:00 and may have gotten a regular BG, but I got it first. Iphone 6 had purposefully not updated app to 5.8 and was also on Verizon full bars, wifi off.

What is the general consensus with regards to waiting it out during a downtime? Is it more likely to go down again with the first few rides right after? I’m not sure if we should keep waiting or come back in the afternoon. It usually goes down about two hours in from what I’ve seen on this thread, not 45 minutes, so I’m not sure...
On 2/13, we got called ~10:00 with BG 21. I believe that it had been up before that, but I don't think that long, maybe half hour to 45 minutes. Got in queue, breakdown. We wait. Bonus that Chewie came through with official photographer; took 2 pic with family unit; scan magic band so we got nice (and free) pics with Chewie that downloaded from MDE; also the water and snacks. We also sat down pretty quick to conserve energy for the long day ahead as we were staying until park close. Fortunately, ride got back up pretty quickly (maybe 45 minute delay total?) and then line moved fairly fast. So to me, it was worth waiting. Maybe set a time you are willing to wait, 30-45 minutes, and then cut losses if not going by then?

Our SDD FP was also a ways off so not in danger of missing which influenced our decision.

I missed my Droid Depot rez because of this but then went to explain and they were totally fine and let me though the rez line immediately. Have heard differently about Savi's -- that they WILL charge you if miss rez time, but have no direct experience with Savi's.

I'm going to be at HS next month, nearly 3 months after this attraction opened. I didn't expect to see this frequency of the ride going down. I mapped out my visit thinking that the ride system would have had the issues more resolved after nearly 3 months. I haven't tracked the DL version so I do wonder if they are experiencing the same intermittency as HS.

I think the notion that as long as you’re in the park before opening and no tech issues, you’ll get a bg of some kind is shot. Lots of complaints on other forums of not getting one the last couple of days. I’m hoping against hope they change the hours for mid-late March. 9am is going to be even worse I think.

We're in the same boat.

I keep expecting the opening for second half of March to move to at least 8am (if not 7am), but then I expected Presidents' Week to move to at least 7am (if not 6am).

I mean all of January was a 7am opening, for gosh sakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter