READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
My advice is that you double check to make sure that you will be able to use the EPCOT-DHS Connector (the walkway by the "river") at that time on marathon day. The walkway is part of the marathon course and I believe is usually closed up until about noon the day of the full marathon (Sunday, Jan. 12, 2020).

I just asked again and someone said it was closed but the the boats run. I am sure I have read the boats dont run so I guess I need another plan.

Not sure what to do now.

I am trying to decide the best way to get the DHS the morning of the marathon. We are staying at the Yacht Club. Does anyone have any experience ?
We will have a car, don’t mind using that, Lyft, Minnie van, bus. Don’t care as long as I get To the park before opening.

I'm going to start by thanking each and every one of those who have shared their experiences, both good and bad, since I have learned A LOT from reading every post in this thread for the last week or so (has been permanently open in my browser for a week now LOL).

We are going to WDW for marathon weekend and plan on going to DHS on Tuesday, Jan 14... a 0800 opening, so far... we will use 2 different MDE accounts with the same tickets linked on both, one cell phone on WiFi and the other on data (roaming) and pray for the app to behave that day!

My other concern is what would be the more reliable way to get to DHS early that day. We will be staying at Bay Lake Tower and will have a rental car. The only Disney transportation available from BLT to DHS are the buses. What has been your experience with buses going to DHS so far? I am tempted to just drive myself to the park, but would like to hear from others before making a final decision on transportation (which I might change after waking up that very morning, but at least I will wake up with a "flexible" plan LOL).

The experience of being in a backup boarding group, not knowing your fate, is funny. I see it has been hung on 88 for awhile, creating a new round of anxiety. Fortunately we have found solace at the pool bar on a beautiful day. :rotfl2:

We shall make the most of whatever fate has for us. And post about our grumpiness on the Internet along the way. Lol. 8-)

(Since tone is sometimes lost on message boards, I'm mostly just making fun of our situation and not being as salty as I may sound, if that’s not obvious).

The experience of being in backup boarding group, not knowing your fate, is funny. I see it has been hung on 88 for awhile, creating a new round of anxiety. Fortunately we have found solace at the pool bar on a beautiful day. :rotfl2:
Wow - your attitude is remarkable! (Or perhaps you're trying to type things to make yourself believe them!) It appears they have hit a snag. Today may not have been the best day to hand out 180+ BGs... (I really sort of questioned that after yesterday apparently only handing out 150 and today having the same # of operating hours - I think)

Wow - your attitude is remarkable! (Or perhaps you're trying to type things to make yourself believe them!) It appears they have hit a snag. Today may not have been the best day to hand out 180+ BGs... (I really sort of questioned that after yesterday apparently only handing out 150 and today having the same # of operating hours - I think)
Better to issue them and not fulfill them, than be able to fulfill them and not issue them.

NYE probably had more operating hours so more boarding groups?
Yeah - the word I keep using to describe NYE is "phenomenon". It was a one day event - 18 hours of operations combined with reliable ride performance! Of all the days of data we have it seems that 12/31 and 1/1 are potentially the 2 least valuable just simply due to how "out of the norm" they were in terms of crowd patterns and operations.

Better to issue them and not fulfill them, than be able to fulfill them and not issue them.
True - I kept wondering why they cutoff the backup BGs so low on some prior days. It appears that they certainly could have accommodated more riders on many of the days over the past week! I'd imagine we'd have heard some uproar on twitter or here if they were handing out tons of BGs that weren't being called back too...

The experience of being in a backup boarding group, not knowing your fate, is funny. I see it has been hung on 88 for awhile, creating a new round of anxiety. Fortunately we have found solace at the pool bar on a beautiful day. :rotfl2:

We shall make the most of whatever fate has for us. And post about our grumpiness on the Internet along the way. Lol. 8-)

(Since tone is sometimes lost on message boards, I'm mostly just making fun of our situation and not being as salty as I may sound, if that’s not obvious).
I’m with you. Trying to enjoy my lake view while the kids nap before returning to HS and hopefully riding.

For what I know, on the 11th (half marathon day) the race does not impact DHS and apparently the roads leading to DHS will not be affected either. You can check the information on the marathon website under "road closures"

https://guide.rundisney.events/transportation/
correct - the half marathon course does not go to DHS or the roads surrounding it. It goes from roughly epcot (on Epcot Center Drive) to MK and back.

Question - if you have an active BG that has been called back (i.e. if you were 86 right now) do they send you any sort of notification if the ride goes down? Or do you have to trek over the ride entrance to find that out and secure whatever FP or re-accommodation pass they are handing out?

I just asked again and someone said it was closed but the the boats run. I am sure I have read the boats dont run so I guess I need another plan.

Not sure what to do now.
Now that you mention it... pathway closed and boats running sounds more like it... I apologize but usually by then (around mile 22-23) is all blurry and confusing :rainbow:🙈

Question - if you have an active BG that has been called back (i.e. if you were 86 right now) do they send you any sort of notification if the ride goes down? Or do you have to trek over the ride entrance to find that out and secure whatever FP or re-accommodation pass they are handing out?
Well it seems at least on Twitter that Guest Services tells you to head to the ride entrance to find out... 🤣 At least that's what they told this guy.

I’m with you. Trying to enjoy my lake view while the kids nap before returning to HS and hopefully riding.
I almost wonder if they could 'tweak' the system such that folks who get a BU BG that is not fulfilled can "opt in" (provided they have the appropriate ticket media) into riding the next day. From there, the system could simply assign them a BG automatically the next day prior to the official park opening.

Maybe there is a way to game the system such that this would be a bad idea, but I can't think of one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter