READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sort of feel like this is slipping away. It’s later in the day and progress is slow. We shall see....
Maybe in 3 hours if they are running up to 14 BGs/hour

We are killing time in DSprings where it is quite crowded. Went into Frozen 2 when it was at BG 88 and then checked when the movie ended and I thought my app crashed as it was still showing 88!

Good luck!!

135. Seriously the most frustrating theme park experience I’ve had in a long time. App totally crapped out on two phones, just wouldn’t work at all.

Will smile and make the most it, be happy we got one, etc, but that experience was one and done for us. Not worth the stress and randomness of your connection.

Reserve the right to change my mind when my current saltiness wears off. 😎
121 at 5:10 pm. You have a shot!

Sayhello

Boarding groups still stalled. Apparently once it hit 88, the ride was sent into the future where they fix these issues. Hoping Biff doesn’t mess it up and send us to an alternative present reality where waits are worse.

In other news: still waiting here at BG 121. Miniature golf, Typhoon Lagoon and a late lunch - which would all be more relaxing if I wasn’t checking status every 15 minutes and wondering about dropping the AK FPs I scheduled two months ago.
You’re up! Have a great ride!

Not in our case, FWIW. I have the latest iPhone. Wife has 2 versions ago. Hers eventually got the BG before mine. I guess just the randomness of connections and high traffic network volume?
Bandwidth and the ability to access it has very little to do with the phone your using assuming its not 10 years old.

Its more about what carrier you use and there speed and coverage in that area. That bring said , Disney has decent coverage fior most carriers in the parks.

BUT even if you have a good carrier in that area, its going to be limited somewhat by the amount of people accessing that carrier at that moment......
Also , the limit of Disney servers at that time will impact how fast they can get out a BG.

TLDR: your phone, carrier, connection method and server capacity determine how fast you get BG, with that many variables its basically random luck.....and there is very little you can do to improve your odds.

Last edited:
Going on the 23rd. So even though I knew I was going to be checking this board every day until then, now I really will have to lol As that will only be very few days of an 8am time to see what the emerging pattern (if any) will be with the slightly "later" start time. Later is in quotes as they moved it up from 9am lol. And who knows it could (and probably will) change again before my trip lol
My DHS day is 1/15 so I only have 2 days to monitor patterns. Also really interested in getting on as many rides as possible early in the morning. We have an SDD FP for the 5 of us but I just found out that my mother will be joining us for the first 3 days and of course, there are no fast passes for her (yes, I really do dislike the FP+ system). So now I'm thinking we try and rope drop SDD then do the rest of TSL and head to Sunset Blvd for the other two big rides there. The we'd do SR later in the day.

On the flip side, is SDD actually any good? Never rode it before. Is it basically just a kiddie coaster like the Mine Train? The mine train at least has the cute theming. Is SDD actually good enough to occupy the first rope drop ride? If it's not, my mom can just sit it out. we'll use our FPs on it and we'll head to Smugglers run or Sunset Blvd at rope drop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter