READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has there been a report of anyone who has been inside the Park at opening and not managed to ride? I’m just so nervous that we will somehow miss the chance to ride it. We live in Maryland so we won’t be back for years, and we only have one day planned at Disney. 😬😬😬
I was there on opening day of RotR. I managed to get a late BG, but never got to ride because of problems. So, yes, it is
The experience of being in a backup boarding group, not knowing your fate, is funny. I see it has been hung on 88 for awhile, creating a new round of anxiety. Fortunately we have found solace at the pool bar on a beautiful day. :rotfl2:

We shall make the most of whatever fate has for us. And post about our grumpiness on the Internet along the way. Lol. 8-)

(Since tone is sometimes lost on message boards, I'm mostly just making fun of our situation and not being as salty as I may sound, if that’s not obvious).
Maybe the extra hour of park time that just got added for tonight will be just what you need to get your ride on Rise! I hope so!

Thanks for reminding me. I have asked a few people on the marathon board who usually do the marathon and stay at Boardwalk. They have all said the path is open but the boats are shut down until noon.
I will have a back up plan just in case.

We were at the Boardwalk during one of the Star Wars run weekends a couple of years ago and the half marathon course used the walking path. The path was closed for everyone else and they had buses from the Boardwalk to DHS until the event was over. I would expect it to be closed during the full marathon.

The experience of being in a backup boarding group, not knowing your fate, is funny. I see it has been hung on 88 for awhile, creating a new round of anxiety. Fortunately we have found solace at the pool bar on a beautiful day. :rotfl2:

We shall make the most of whatever fate has for us. And post about our grumpiness on the Internet along the way. Lol. 8-)

(Since tone is sometimes lost on message boards, I'm mostly just making fun of our situation and not being as salty as I may sound, if that’s not obvious).

drinking at a pool bar while posting grumpiness on the internet is basically the American Dream in 2020!

Boarding groups still stalled. Apparently once it hit 88, the ride was sent into the future where they fix these issues. Hoping Biff doesn’t mess it up and send us to an alternative present reality where waits are worse.

In other news: still waiting here at BG 121. Miniature golf, Typhoon Lagoon and a late lunch - which would all be more relaxing if I wasn’t checking status every 15 minutes and wondering about dropping the AK FPs I scheduled two months ago.

Boarding groups still stalled. Apparently once it hit 88, the ride was sent into the future where they fix these issues. Hoping Biff doesn’t mess it up and send us to an alternative present reality where waits are worse.

In other news: still waiting here at BG 121. Miniature golf, Typhoon Lagoon and a late lunch - which would all be more relaxing if I wasn’t checking status every 15 minutes and wondering about dropping the AK FPs I scheduled two months ago.
They are now up to 88-92 so things are moving for you my friend :D I hope 121 gets here lickity split!

(Yes I totally just used the term lickity split... and it was fun to type!)

They are now up to 88-92 so things are moving for you my friend :D I hope 121 gets here lickity split!

(Yes I totally just used the term lickity split... and it was fun to type!)
I see the future technicians from 2032 were able to set things right and send it back to us in running condition. It’s like we barely noticed it was gone.

What is your advice for someone with only one phone . . . AT&T or Disney Wifi? Or does it mostly a toss up depending on the day? Visiting Tues. 1/14, currently 8am opening.

What is your advice for someone with only one phone . . . AT&T or Disney Wifi? Or does it mostly a toss up depending on the day? Visiting Tues. 1/14, currently 8am opening.
Personally, I would go with AT&T, because cell towers are designed to service large numbers of devices and the 10k people standing in one spot are less likely to overwhelm that network. That said, either method has the potential to have bandwidth capacity issues.

As an alternate plan, the best method might be to sneak 'away' from the large crowds and use disney wifi. This should get you on a different access point so you don't have to 'share' bandwidth on the Access Point with the huge crowd. The downside of course being that you are in a worse position to head to non-ROTR rides after you get your BG.

Another option is to download the speedtest app. You could use this to test your network ahead of the park open, although once everyone makes a mad rush to join a BG results may be a lot different.

Other users in this thread have reported that family members logged into their MDX account in a remote location have been successful in joining a BG on their behalf. This seems like a great plan, because those remote users won't suffer any bandwidth issues caused by large crowds.

Does anyone else think that it feels as if things are getting worse rather than better? We will be there next week for the races, and I was thinking that all the bugs would be worked out. But it feels as if the randomness factor of BG #’s and Disney IT is getting worse. We plan to be at HS on Thursday (5k day), and I‘m worried now whereas I wasn’t really before :(
I believe they are getting better!

• Sure, BG are being reserved quicker, but that is because of the insane crowds.
  • Disney's IT is having trouble with the large DDOS attack (surprise, that is nothing new).
  • The crowds on your 5k day will be approximately 60% of those this past week! This will help calm the "randomness" or the BG distribution and give you more time to hit that "join a boarding group" button.
  • The ride appears to be running more smoothly and at a faster rate. If they can have it running well with the large crowds, then Marathon weekend will be a walk in the park.

I will also be there for Marathon weekend and trying various methods for a BG on Jan. 10/12/13/14.

Last edited:
Us too from The Pocono Mtns
GADisneyDad14 hoping that The Force is with you today!! We were able to ride over Christmas. Hang in there!!!

Sort of feel like this is slipping away. It’s later in the day and progress is slow. We shall see....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter