READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Skyliner opens at 7:30
2. Yes you can
3. No you should not worry as that won't help you get a bg. Just be there before opening time and you'll be fine
Thank you! I know that this is worrying too much but if the ride does happen to go down, I'm only in HS for that one day. Would my FP just go to waste or how exactly would it work?

Thank you! I know that this is worrying too much but if the ride does happen to go down, I'm only in HS for that one day. Would my FP just go to waste or how exactly would it work?
The ride has gone down every day but with a bg you can come back later and ride. Sometimes the down tines are as long as 2 hours some days have only been 30 min. So just be there early and grab your bg

I'm interested in walking from the Swan tomorrow. I know the walkway is closed for the race, but it's at mile 24. Does anyone have an authoritative answer on whether the walkway will be closed all morning or only x minutes before the first runner approaches? Should I just Uber?

How was today's distribution? The charts in the op aren't updated yet.

I'm interested in walking from the Swan tomorrow. I know the walkway is closed for the race, but it's at mile 24. Does anyone have an authoritative answer on whether the walkway will be closed all morning or only x minutes before the first runner approaches? Should I just Uber?

How was today's distribution? The charts in the op aren't updated yet.

I'd imagine that it would be closed all morning but it doesn't hurt to walk out and check. Depending what time you were planning to leave, the first runner would be approaching anyway. Depending who is in the elite class tomorrow morning, they will be approaching the walkway around 7am.

I'd imagine that it would be closed all morning but it doesn't hurt to walk out and check. Depending what time you were planning to leave, the first runner would be approaching anyway. Depending who is in the elite class tomorrow morning, they will be approaching the walkway around 7am.

And chairs athletes will be first and there before 7am. Those chair athletes are quite impressive at how fast they can go and you don’t want to walk in front of them.

I’ve done it three days in a row now. First day, app froze and didn’t get group until 7:02 and got 93. Next day got in seconds after 7 and got 44, then next day got 40 when looking 5 seconds after 7.

I’ve called Disney, looked everywhere, but can’t find anyone asking, discussing, or answering this question.

Let’s say, theoretically, you are registered in Disney’s system as the very first person to attempt to get a boarding pass. Are you GUARANTEED group one? Or does person B who got it at 7:03 have the same chance to get group 1 as you do, unless it’s filled?

Obviously, no one likely knows the literal inner workings of the system. Simplified: is it a lottery or is it first come first serve (starting at park opening)?

And as a follow up (will test this tomorrow), if it IS a lottery, why not keep leaving and joining a boarding group constantly until you get a favorable position? I plan on testing this tomorrow if my group isn’t in the first 30-40 and if nobody knows a definitive answer.

giphy.gif

So I'm happy to continue to compile the chart! As a reminder, I pull that data from here so if people can continue to watch for the following things that would be helpful (most important items in bold):
  • Time Tapstiles Open
  • Time Reg BGs Full
  • Time Backup BGs Full
  • First BG Called
  • Last BG Called
I can usually catch First and last BG, Tapstiles open is nice but not really a factor at this point, Time Reg BGs Full is the most important piece of data that everybody cares about and you can only catch it if you are watching closely when it happens after 7am. The data will be as good as those who can report on it :D

Thanks all for providing this info, It would be nice to keep this rolling through MLK weekend and beyond for people planning who want to see what a slightly busier (but NOT Christmas) time looks like!

I’ve done it three days in a row now. First day, app froze and didn’t get group until 7:02 and got 93. Next day got in seconds after 7 and got 44, then next day got 40 when looking 5 seconds after 7.

I’ve called Disney, looked everywhere, but can’t find anyone asking, discussing, or answering this question.

Let’s say, theoretically, you are registered in Disney’s system as the very first person to attempt to get a boarding pass. Are you GUARANTEED group one? Or does person B who got it at 7:03 have the same chance to get group 1 as you do, unless it’s filled?

Obviously, no one likely knows the literal inner workings of the system. Simplified: is it a lottery or is it first come first serve (starting at park opening)?

And as a follow up (will test this tomorrow), if it IS a lottery, why not keep leaving and joining a boarding group constantly until you get a favorable position? I plan on testing this tomorrow if my group isn’t in the first 30-40 and if nobody knows a definitive answer.

From my understanding, it's a first come first served system.

I’m so stressed for tomorrow morning. I really hope the marathon keeps the opening crowd a bit lower since so many will be running or supporting friends/family.

No, remember you can't do doing until 7am. So it won't matter If you're there at 6:15 or 6:55. Especially since you're there just got bg and then leaving

Wait. Is it not advantageous to get there early so you can be in front to tap in should the process to check ppl in take long?

Wait. Is it not advantageous to get there early so you can be in front to tap in should the process to check ppl in take long?

The only advantage to being at the front is if you want to rope drop a ride. If you're just going for a boarding group, you only need to be in the park by about 6:55 or so to be ready for 7, when the boarding groups open up.

What is your opinion of my chances next Friday? It is my HS day & also the Friday before MLK weekend. It’s the only day we can go. I appreciate all the great suggestions and will be there at 6 with family ready to pounce at 7. What do you think? Thanks!
Probably good because all the REALLY hard core fans will be at DLR that day for their opening day of ROTR!!

I highly doubt this. Almost certainly distributed in order. But remember, the order the server gets the signals from different devices won’t match the order buttons were pressed for many technical reasons. That is likely the reason people next to each other are getting different groups. People assume the second they click is when they’re in line, but there are many intervening technical things going on that greatly affect speed of the request getting to the server and being reported back. And because 15 seconds here can be huge in the morning, people are reading way too much into this beyond very basic technical aspects that easily explain what we’re seeing.
Agreed, hence the “random”, it appears that way, but so many are requesting that it appears random when each thread had its own means of hitting the servers

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter