• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weeks of practicing and I grabbed us all (we have 2 families combined) BG 2 this morning!!! Staying at Poly, service was absolutely terrible in my room, speedtests sucked. I walked along the beach yesterday in front of the bungalows and my speed quadrupled!! Data not wifi. Wifi was horrible! So this morning i walked down there at 6:55 and got it!! I dont use any clocks for seconds, just watch closely til it hit 7:00 and click all the joins as fast as my fingers could move!

We are staying at the yacht club. i Know we are supposed to avoid Disney wi-fi. I wonder how the reception will be for our service Verizon, Should we get away from the hotel when we try for a boarding group?

I am doing a solo weekend trip in July (9th-12th) since I am solo I am wondering if I can partner up with someone to double or triple my chances lol. But that might be weird, so I may have to follow the tips and just hope for the best on one of my three days there lol.

We snagged a Beaches and Cream Lunch reservation on the same day as our HS day. Seems like this is doable with the two hour window unless our boarding group gets called at the exact same time as our dining reservation then it could be tight. What do y'all think?

I am doing a solo weekend trip in July (9th-12th) since I am solo I am wondering if I can partner up with someone to double or triple my chances lol. But that might be weird, so I may have to follow the tips and just hope for the best on one of my three days there lol.
You would have to be linked on MDE, but I don't think you would want a stranger to have access to all your plans. Your best bet is to practice ahead of time and you should be able to get it at least one of your days, if not all. Do you have DHS reserved all 3 days?

You would have to be linked on MDE, but I don't think you would want a stranger to have access to all your plans. Your best bet is to practice ahead of time and you should be able to get it at least one of your days, if not all. Do you have DHS reserved all 3 days?

Yea that was my concern having strangers know my plans etc ha. But I currently I have only Saturday July 10th reserved for Hollywood Studios but I am going to upgrade my three day park passes to have the park hopper option this week.

We are staying at the yacht club. i Know we are supposed to avoid Disney wi-fi. I wonder how the reception will be for our service Verizon, Should we get away from the hotel when we try for a boarding group?
We stayed at the Yacht Club last month for our kids’ Spring Break and got BGs 13 and 30 respectively using Disney Wi-Fi. Either way, you’ll be fine. Good luck and have fun!

Yea that was my concern having strangers know my plans etc ha. But I currently I have only Saturday July 10th reserved for Hollywood Studios but I am going to upgrade my three day park passes to have the park hopper option this week.
Just so you know you must have a park reservation for DHS in order to try for the BG. You cannot hop there and get a BG.

Just so you know you must have a park reservation for DHS in order to try for the BG. You cannot hop there and get a BG.

Yea I heard. My thinking was to change my sunday Animal Kingdom reservation to Hollywood Studios so I would have Saturday and Sunday to try and just add park hopper to go to any other parks after 2:00PM. But currently it doesn't seem like I can add park hopper to the 3 day 1 park a day tickets I already have bought. So I might just have to deal with it and hope for the best on July 10th lol.

I know this is probably a weird question but are there any general ETAs for what time certain boarding groups will be allowed to line up? We are going for the first time with our daughter so we've never experienced Disney with someone with a nap time! Just trying to get a sense of if we will need to head to the park as soon as we get a boarding group or hang out at the hotel until she's ready for her nap and try to get to the park at 1PM to do the 2nd wave of boarding groups instead. This is our only HS day so we would like to try to make sure we can ride if possible. Her nap time is around 10/11AM for about an hour if that helps anyone.

Also since well have her we will have to do rider switch. Since this is still a popular ride is there a possibility only one of us can ride? Like is each group only an hour window for you to return? Would there be a possibility that I'm on line for so long my husband misses his window?

"if" it is running normally, then there are about 15 groups called per hour. You have a 1 hour time window to get to the attraction and check in from when your boarding group is called. Rider swap works like every other ride that uses it - you show up with your time, they check your band/ticket, and are given a return time for the person not riding who stays with the child. Unless you get boarding groups 1 -50, you should be able to get to the park after the nap fine. But you can also explain to the CM at the front when you check in at RotR about nap time, and they "may" let you on no matter if it past the one hour time. They don't have to, but as with ADR's and Droid/Saber apts, many have commented that they have no problem letting groups on that are past boarding time, though YMMV. Normal time in line is 30 minutes or so if it is running successfully. They normally give the rider switch time several hours later so it shouldn't be an issue. The RotR No Spoilers thread has great info on all of this stuff.

Yea I heard. My thinking was to change my sunday Animal Kingdom reservation to Hollywood Studios so I would have Saturday and Sunday to try and just add park hopper to go to any other parks after 2:00PM. But currently it doesn't seem like I can add park hopper to the 3 day 1 park a day tickets I already have bought. So I might just have to deal with it and hope for the best on July 10th lol.

You can have someone from home that you trust log in to your account and try for you.

"if" it is running normally, then there are about 15 groups called per hour. You have a 1 hour time window to get to the attraction and check in from when your boarding group is called. Rider swap works like every other ride that uses it - you show up with your time, they check your band/ticket, and are given a return time for the person not riding who stays with the child. Unless you get boarding groups 1 -50, you should be able to get to the park after the nap fine. But you can also explain to the CM at the front when you check in at RotR about nap time, and they "may" let you on no matter if it past the one hour time. They don't have to, but as with ADR's and Droid/Saber apts, many have commented that they have no problem letting groups on that are past boarding time, though YMMV. Normal time in line is 30 minutes or so if it is running successfully. They normally give the rider switch time several hours later so it shouldn't be an issue. The RotR No Spoilers thread has great info on all of this stuff.
This is super helpful thank you so much!!

We got BG80 this morning. My sister was the successful one and got it from her apartment in Winter Garden, my dad and I at Boardwalk both had loading troubles with the screen selecting the party (me on Wifi since my Verizon wouldn’t connect and he on data). And of course the ride is having a poor day, stalled on 51 for quite a while now and stalled earlier as well. And I’m seeing that some sections are being skipped today. We have another shot Thursday, but we were hoping to get it today and that Thursday would be lower pressure :guilty:

We got BG80 this morning. My sister was the successful one and got it from her apartment in Winter Garden, my dad and I at Boardwalk both had loading troubles with the screen selecting the party (me on Wifi since my Verizon wouldn’t connect and he on data). And of course the ride is having a poor day, stalled on 51 for quite a while now and stalled earlier as well. And I’m seeing that some sections are being skipped today. We have another shot Thursday, but we were hoping to get it today and that Thursday would be lower pressure :guilty:

Yeah it's currently not boarding. Rough day it seems like.

Probably skipping the beginning part.

If you only have one day at DHS I would not recommend waiting for the 1pm drop. You should try at 7am and hope the time works out for you. Once you have a BG it does give you an estimated wait time and you should have a pretty good idea of when you'll be called based on how it's running in the morning. Hopefully you can then plan your arrival around naptime, but if not it's worth tossing nap time out the window that one day to be able to experience the ride -- it's worth it!!

My experience today. Three of us trying, me and a daughter at the Boardwalk and another daughter from her apartment about 15 minutes away.

i logged in with WiFi turned off (Verizon) the daughter with me had trouble logging in without WiFi so was on the hotel WiFi, and the other daughter used her home WiFi.

i have practiced enough that I know the drill and have had success getting to the screen saying I didn’t have a park reservation.

This morning we all tried at the stroke of 7. I did the Join, Join, Join as quickly as I could and waited for the notification. I got nothing but spinning for several seconds before a “Something went wrong” message appeared.So, I didn’t even get the notice that I was already in a group, which the daughter with me got because her sister had gotten BG 80. So, knowing what you’re doing and being fast is no guarantee.

Anyway, the ride has been down most of the day and they are only up to BG 51 and holding. In the meantime we are back at the Boardwalk monitoring. It sounds like even if we do get on today it will be a reduced version.

Fortunately, we have all done the ride before (over Marathon Weekend in 2020) and have a reservation for Thursday which might get us a second chance. But, this process can be pretty frustrating.

BTW, because we walked to the park in time for the 8:15 unofficial open and were able to ride Slinky, TOT, and RNRC by 9:30. Then the crowds were building pretty fast. Based on our hopping experience last night, evening is the best time to do a lot of rides at DHS with short waits. We were able to get through TSMM, MMRR, and MFSR in pretty short order.

ETA: Obviously my story is the same as *DisneyDreamer’s.

Also, if you get a boarding group, it'll show up in your MDE, and include an estimated return time. That time will update as the day progresses, so you can tell if they are moving faster or slower than usual.

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter