• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Resort Change by Disney

I am so happy for everyone who has gotten through... I have been so optimistic about this trip (got my park passes and everything!) but after a collective 11 hours I am beginning to get very discouraged. Has anyone else had to call the GS line this many times?
Finally on with a gs. Who thinks going form Coronado water view to CBR standard should be completely acceptable 🤦🏼‍♀️ Told her I was not in agreement and she honestly said “we aren’t trying to give you value for your money with views, re just trying to get you in a comparable hotel”. Didn’t even offer a price refund. I guess at this point, I’m just happy to have a room.
I also don’t think it’s comparable, but pretty close, as long as the skyliner is available imho. I had the same original reservation and was moved to CBR standard. GS did offer me a price refund, but it was barely anything. She said CBR was a little more $ than CSR for standard and I think that is true. You should have been offered a price refund.

I mean we chose GDT over CBR when we made the booking so I really don't want a 'move' to the resort we didn't want to begin with kwim?

Thank you for the explanation! Those reasons completely make sense. And yes, I totally get it! We also picked the only one in the mod category we were interested in, so regardless of what's technically on paper or what might be more expensive, getting moved to any of the other mods would be a downgrade for us.

GS cast member called me back! We were changed from GDT to CR Tower with price protection. The resort is updated in MDE but now or tickets are gone. 😞
Same thing happened to me. Had two rooms switched, one reservation is fine and the other is missing the tickets. I'm hold with the IT dept now😕

I also don’t think it’s comparable, but pretty close, as long as the skyliner is available imho. I had the same original reservation and was moved to CBR standard. GS did offer me a price refund, but it was barely anything. She said CBR was a little more $ than CSR for standard and I think that is true. You should have been offered a price refund.

Honestly the Coronado rooms are immaculate now so it does seem like a little bit of a downgrade.... but the skyliner would make up for it I agree! Does anyone know if itll be open anytime soon? All of the resorts on that skyliner line will be open by august, so I would guess they have a plan to have it open by then?

Not sure about taking a night away, but I don't see that being a problem. I know for sure, if you don't modify your dates at all, you're guaranteed that price protection. I would try to just get that move and secure the price and then call back closer to your date to remove that last night.
It's actually taking away 10 nights...originaly ressie was 13 nights and only want to do 3 now b/c we are all going later when the parks are open. Think the number of nights matters as long it's in the original window?

Just heard back from my TA was who is awesome, but disappointed with what she said.

“I discovered today that if I were to "request" you be moved then you would be on the hook for the upgrade but if we wait (and you are happy with the new resort) you will be price locked into the other resort based on your current pricing. Once you are moved, if you are not happy with the resort option given, I will call in and see if there is something available”

From what I’ve read here from other posters, the key is not to ask for an upgrade but rather a solution to an existing problem. But also from what I read here I can’t just do this myself since I used a TA.

I’m starting to think that between the Covid numbers in Florida, 4.5 hours to get park reservations, and not knowing where the heck I’m staying, I may be finally ready to throw in the towel. And my $86 round trip airfare. Man, that one will hurt. Won’t see those prices again.

(Was booked at POFQ August 9-12 for my 40th)

Honestly the Coronado rooms are immaculate now so it does seem like a little bit of a downgrade.... but the skyliner would make up for it I agree! Does anyone know if itll be open anytime soon? All of the resorts on that skyliner line will be open by august, so I would guess they have a plan to have it open by then?
FWIW, the GS I had stated that they had not been told a definite either way about the skyliner, and that she thinks they are holding off as long as possible on opening it. But others have been told it would definitely be open, so take it with a grain of salt

I agree about the rooms! If the sky liner isn’t running, it will be a downgrade. Fingers crossed! I have seen post both ways- up and down.

Got to love Disney not budging without serious prodding when they move someone to a location in a wooded area that the person didn't know was Pine trees and one of the guests coming is allergic to pine.....My sister is trying to get re-moved. Was moved from CBR to Fort Wilderness Cabins but I told her they were in the wooded area with pine trees and she freaked as her son is allergic to pine. Hoping to get another move to a place where they wont be in trouble with allergies.

To be fair the main complex of out laying buildings may be a lateral move to CBR, but we have a room in Gran Destino Tower and those rooms are essentially Deluxe rooms at a moderate price (give or take they are for the most part the most expensive moderate our quote back in January between GDT and CBR was nearly a grand more for GDT). We don't want an outside type room, we wanted a tower room. The rooms are larger than most moderates, and the appeal of the Tower for us is the room configurations which have more of an adult atmosphere for our resort stay. I mean we chose GDT over CBR when we made the booking so I really don't want a 'move' to the resort we didn't want to begin with kwim?

Totally get that on the tower specifically. Hopefully they can find you a different spot.

Just heard back from my TA was who is awesome, but disappointed with what she said.

“I discovered today that if I were to "request" you be moved then you would be on the hook for the upgrade but if we wait (and you are happy with the new resort) you will be price locked into the other resort based on your current pricing. Once you are moved, if you are not happy with the resort option given, I will call in and see if there is something available”

From what I’ve read here from other posters, the key is not to ask for an upgrade but rather a solution to an existing problem. But also from what I read here I can’t just do this myself since I used a TA.

I’m starting to think that between the Covid numbers in Florida, 4.5 hours to get park reservations, and not knowing where the heck I’m staying, I may be finally ready to throw in the towel. And my $86 round trip airfare. Man, that one will hurt. Won’t see those prices again.

(Was booked at POFQ August 9-12 for my 40th)

This confuses me. What exactly are you "waiting" for? POFQ will not be open your dates so it is not like you are just not happy with the resort that you booked and want a free upgrade. There is nothing wrong with wanting this to be settled, especially since your trip is less then 7 weeks away. It seems like it is better to advocate for yourself. I am sorry for those who's travel agents are not able to help. I would contact your agent again and have them insist on a resort move. If there is one in particular that you don't want to stay, I would tell them. Maybe you can be on a 3 way call with Disney and your agent. Good luck.

Got to love Disney not budging without serious prodding when they move someone to a location in a wooded area that the person didn't know was Pine trees and one of the guests coming is allergic to pine.....My sister is trying to get re-moved. Was moved from CBR to Fort Wilderness Cabins but I told her they were in the wooded area with pine trees and she freaked as her son is allergic to pine. Hoping to get another move to a place where they wont be in trouble with allergies.

Phew....re-moved to Boulder Ridge Villas instead...much bettter.

FWIW, the GS I had stated that they had not been told a definite either way about the skyliner, and that she thinks they are holding off as long as possible on opening it. But others have been told it would definitely be open, so take it with a grain of salt
I agree about the rooms! If the sky liner isn’t running, it will be a downgrade. Fingers crossed! I have seen post both ways- up and down.

I've seen posts that say both things too.... the cast member that helped me yesterday said it should be open. Seems like theyre all saying different things. A lot of youtubers I watch are predicting it'll be open as it was seen testing about a week ago. Fingers crossed!!

We have an August trip which was at AKL Jambo House and were moved to Poly lagoon view today.

The Cast Member stated that Jambo house was not projected to be open. While Kidani was offfered it was not preferred.

this is interesting. I know they said only the villas will reopen but I assumed they were using the hotel rooms for displaced guests. It’s gonna feel weird staying there next month...

Got through to a CM. Was told they had just received an email with a matrix of where to move people. We are booked at POR in Sep. Was told she can only move us to CBR with price protection. Not big fans of CBR so after Trying to push it with no success, asked to Be transferred to GS. will update again later.

So GS was supposed to call me back today after the system being down yesterday....and still nothing. What do you all think the chances are that they'll actually call?
After waiting on hold today for about 7 hrs got everything switched and then since then have had 2 callbacks from yesterday's situation of system down. So they are calling people back.

So, I *may* have written an email to both wdw and UT expressing my frustration and disappointment with the way third party bookings are being handled vs direct booking. I may have also used the phrase " not very magical" in the wdw email.
I just think we should be treated the same and that the 900 different stories should never have happened.
I'm not expecting anything to come of it, but maybe they will sprinkle some pixie dust and move me. But I do feel better just having said it.

Staying at ASMo July 25-8/1

called today after about 60 redials, got through in 5 min, and cast member only gave pop as the option To move to. Matched the price to what we paid at ASMo, and booked the same category “preferred”

im cool with this

So, I *may* have written an email to both wdw and UT expressing my frustration and disappointment with the way third party bookings are being handled vs direct booking. I may have also used the phrase " not very magical" in the wdw email.
I just think we should be treated the same and that the 900 different stories should never have happened.
I'm not expecting anything to come of it, but maybe they will sprinkle some pixie dust and move me. But I do feel better just having said it.
Good for you. I'm a direct booking, but I will also be emailing WDW if the call I am on doesn't go well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter