• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Resort Mousekeeping- questions for those who have visited recently

Thank you. If we have the option to call and request it (either new sheets we change ourselves or a change by mousekeeping on their next services), that'd be great. Thinking of time one time my kids had a brilliant idea to eat some giant frosted cookies on the bed... crumbs and icing everywhere... ewww.
That's when you call right when it happens! There is always someone who can bring you new bedding you can change yourself!

Since Disney decided not to clean the rooms then a $75 a day refund is owed each day they refuse to clean. I wouldn't put it past Disney that this becomes permanent at the same high daily rate. Now for all those who don't like my post.... I don't care.
You should contact Disney with this suggestion. Couple of points to consider, though:
  • This is not vastly different than pre-COVID housekeeping;
  • They're not refusing to clean, they are, just like many other businesses, and most likely for safety, reducing as much as possible interaction and direct contact between CMs and guests;
  • That $75(!) per day for housekeeping is a dramatic overestimate.

Since Disney decided not to clean the rooms then a $75 a day refund is owed each day they refuse to clean.
Not sure where you get the $75 figure. Prior to the shutdown they offered a e-gift card for you opting out of daily room servicing for $10 per day for length of stay minus 1 day. I actually like the reduced interaction between CMs in my resort room during the reopening period!

Maybe you are thinking about the extra fee for DVC owners / guests that request additional full cleaning services.

Additional Full Housekeeping Service Daily Rates:
  • Deluxe Studio: $30 per day requested
  • 1-Bedroom Villa: $45 per day requested
  • 2-Bedroom Villa: $60 per day requested
  • 3-Bedroom Grand Villa: $75 per day requested
Dave

I’m undecided on to have them come every other day or not at all.
We opted out of housekeeping last year and I missed it. We needed several things like towels, conditioner, coffee and the trash taken away. I called and we waited and waited. I ended up hunting a housekeeping cart and got what we needed.
Oh the other hand I don’t want someone coming in our room with the chance of them having coronavirus.

I’m undecided on to have them come every other day or not at all.
We opted out of housekeeping last year and I missed it. We needed several things like towels, conditioner, coffee and the trash taken away. I called and we waited and waited. I ended up hunting a housekeeping cart and got what we needed.
Oh the other hand I don’t want someone coming in our room with the chance of them having coronavirus.
Ya, I'm considering declining whatever Mousekeeping schedule I'm due for as well. But then, what about the "security checks" some have mentioned. That's new since our last WDW stay. Do they HAVE to enter your room at some point(s) even w/o your permission?

Do they replace the coffee too?
In our recent (two weeks ago) experience they replaced the coffee once but not the other times. Not to sound like I’m trying to create fear BUT I personally don’t use hotel coffee machines because “I’ve seen things” and also know that the machines are overlooked during cleaning during normal times so.....I bring my own haha

Ya, I'm considering declining whatever Mousekeeping schedule I'm due for as well. But then, what about the "security checks" some have mentioned. That's new since our last WDW stay. Do they HAVE to enter your room at some point(s) even w/o your permission?
So at many hotels and also during cruises it’s mandatory that your room is entered at least once every 24 hours. There have been situations where someone needed help and could have died if the room wasn’t entered so you will notice that as a requirement “in the fine print” (or not so fine) and I was very surprised when I didn’t see it stayed more clearly in the early days of reopening by WDW.

No they don't "have" to but they do have the ability to enter your room for a "security check", or other reasons, and they don't need your permission as you have already given them permission.

Here is the basic text: We reserve the right to enter any room at a Disney Resort hotel for maintenance, safety, security or any other purpose, even if the Room Occupied sign is displayed on the room door.

Link: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/park-rules/ (under the Company Rights section)...

Note: they have removed the old Do Not Disturb signs and replaced them with Room Occupied.

Dave

No they don't "have" to but they do have the ability to enter your room for a "security check", or other reasons, and they don't need your permission as you have already given them permission.

Here is the basic text: We reserve the right to enter any room at a Disney Resort hotel for maintenance, safety, security or any other purpose, even if the Room Occupied sign is displayed on the room door.

Link: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/park-rules/ (under the Company Rights section)...

Note: they have removed the old Do Not Disturb signs and replaced them with Room Occupied.

Dave
OK thanks for the info. Like I said, this is new to us. Will they leave a note or something indicating that they've entered your room while you were out?

I can testify that they will come by once a day because I was in the shower and my daughter (very young) yelled “there’s someone knocking!” And I said it’s ok, then she screamed “I’m scared he’s coming in!” (The security latch was engaged) And I told her come to the bathroom area, and I jumped out quickly and covered up and went for the door and there was a mouse keeping person that apologized and said he’d come back later. (We had the room occupied sign on our door) this was about two weeks ago.

We had a 2 bedroom villa at RR for 3 nights 4th of July weekend. Mousekeeping came once, they didn't come the other two days to empty trash. We called about what to do with our trash and they told us to put it outside our door and someone would come get it. It was picked up within minutes of putting outside door.

Stayed at CCV a couple of weeks ago in 1 bedroom villa for 2 days, no mousekeeping for those 2 days, and nobody came to empty trash...was not a big deal as it was only wife and I, so not really much trash.

Not sure about security checks as we were not in the room a lot, but both stays we never had anyone knock at the door while we were in the room.

I can testify that they will come by once a day because I was in the shower and my daughter (very young) yelled “there’s someone knocking!” And I said it’s ok, then she screamed “I’m scared he’s coming in!” (The security latch was engaged) And I told her come to the bathroom area, and I jumped out quickly and covered up and went for the door and there was a mouse keeping person that apologized and said he’d come back later. (We had the room occupied sign on our door) this was about two weeks ago.
ooookaaay. That's a very "un-magical" experience for you and esp your DD. Sorry that happened.
Note to self: Have security latch engaged whenever we are in the room. Seriously! I added it to my trip notes. My DD is 19 but this would even freak her out. There is a reasonable expectation of privacy when you are in your hotel room. Did you ask him why he continued to enter, uninvited, even though the "Room Occupied" sign was hung?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter