Rise of the Resistance BOARDING GROUPS Superthread Part 1 *No Ride Spoilers Please* *PLEASE READ POSTS 1-4*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn! The app says that initial BG distribution is complete and backup boarding groups are now being distributed.

App says groups 82 and above “will not be called unless all other planned groups are called”
Based on WDW standards, 82 is a very low number of boarding groups. There have been a handful of days where they only got to around that many boarding groups, but once the ride was more fine tuned and the CM more experience, the numbers started getting to 150 and above. My guess is that DL only released a very small number today anticipating slow boarding and/or a lot of breakdowns. I would expect to see that number rise significantly in the coming weeks.

81 BGs seems like they went conservative for day 1, compared to what’s been happening at WDW. Still, one minute is fast!

Looks like backups are still available.

Now let’s see how the ride operates today!!

The least they’ve ever gotten through at WDW is 86...that’s not showing a lot of confidence from Park Ops...

more like playing it safe. Otherwise they could be giving out a lot of compensation. I’m sure they plan for getting through a reasonable amount of back up groups as well, but it’s better to set the bar low and exceed it.

The least they’ve ever gotten through at WDW is 86...that’s not showing a lot of confidence from Park Ops...
WDW had to give a LOT of comp tickets in those first few days because they overestimated what they/the ride could handle. I think it is a really rational business decision to aim low in the first week or two. They will save themselves a lot of money on comps, and it's not like they will close the ride at 4 pm if all the boarding groups have been called. They still have the backup boarding groups, and then those people will be really happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter