Riverside pool rehab

ls1222

DIS Veteran
After reading some posts on this board, I called Disney to ask them about the pool rehab. The lady (sharon) said as of now, the main pool is scheduled to close in September for the rehab. We will be staying there 9/27-10/6 and told her that I was not happy about this as we use the pool alot (she said the FQ pool would still be open). Anyway has anyone else heard/talked to Disney about this? I wonder if we should change resorts so that we can have a pool?

i just called the front desk at riverside and they told me the same thing. down in sept. and did not know how long. i for one am changing my reservations, maybe off property. i know things need fixed but we go in the fall every year and never get the full use of things because of the rehab schedules

I called the front desk last night and was told *It would not be affecting our stay* I asked her if there's going to be a rehab and she said *I can't say but it won't be affecting your stay.*

I felt like I was getting the run around-:mad:

So I just called CRO and asked them, she said that she didn't see anything about it BUT she didn't think they would rehab during Thanksgiving time. BUT if they did there are quiet pools...yada yada.... I told her that I wanted make sure the main pool would be open and she said she understood that and that they would send me something on the mail if it would be affecting our stay.

Why can't they just give a straight answer?????

:(

How frustrating!!!! I called the front desk at RS about 10:30 and was told there is no info on the rehab. What is everyone going to do? Please post w/more info. I guess I need to consider changing the resort as I don't want to walk to FQ to swim (didnt really like that pool anyway). Why does every person have a diffrent answer? Thanks.

I have no idea what to do. I don't understand this run around stuff! Then they wonder why everyone gets upset about rehabs, it's the lack of information!!:mad:

Why the heck didn't they rehab it last fall when they had the resort closed?

We were just there and I'll give you the details of my conversation with a lifeguard...

I questioned her about the "ugly" fencing and the closure of the footbridge that spans the pool (which is now closed).

She told me that the pool rehab would start "this fall" and that it would consist of extending the waterfall (from the train trestle) out further over the pool, enlarging the slide, rebuilding the bridge, and adding the little water fountains around the pool area. She said it's going to be a wonderful thing upon completion!!! (Granted, this is only a moderate resort - but look at what they did to the pool at the Polynesian - after a multi-million dollar rehab!!!)

Being that we have traveled several times in late September and knowing how HOT it can still be at that time of year, I would think that they would would start this project later in November....but knowing Disney, they consider September "rehab time".

I know that we were very disappointed 3 years ago when we traveled in September and Splash Mountain was closed for rehab. As far as Disney's concerned, once September arrives and the crowds drop - it's rehab time.

I agree with those of you who don't want to walk to the French Quarter to use their pool. First of all, you're looking at a 15 minute walk (from the resort center of PO-Riverside) and the pool there is geared more towards smaller children. My kids (ages 10 and 15) did not like the slide at the FQ pool at all - too childish.

There are plenty of quiet pools at PO-Riverside, but if you have your heart set on Ole' Man Island, you might want to look into transferring your reservation.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news when I started the original thread about the rehab, but I knew that lots of people were questioning the ugly fencing in the pool area.

Don't feel bad Patty! If it weren't for you we wouldn't have even known about at all! Thank you!!!!!

Dont feel bad!! I just wish I could get a straight answer from Disney. I hate to transfer my res to another hotel because I will lose my code that I booked with. We have 5 in our family so we booked at Riverside. Why would Disney do this at the same time that they are moving all the CBR people around (doesnt make sense). I emailed Disney so maybe I will get an answer. Thanks.

I called POR this morning. They transferred me to "Recreation" I spoke to a lady there at Riverside recreation and she said the pool rehab was post-poned until January. We are going the second week in November and she said she was 99.999% sure that the pool would be up and running then. She also added that they would only close the pool down when it was "slow"

Anyone else get a positive feedback?

I just called Riverside and the man said that he "thought the rehab was already done" DAH!!! I said "I'm talking about the main pool slide/fountains/bridge ect.... So he checked and said they did not have any details yet and to keep checking back closer to Sept. I'm not sure any two people there could say the exact same answer. Maybe I will try and get throught to recreation as well. I just want to know ahead of time so I can change the reservations.

I called the pool bar a few weeks ago and he was loaded with information (he stated at that time it was going to be done in Sept). He must have some updated info by now...its called "Muddy Rivers".

Jillpie-Thanks for the info. I called the "Muddy Rivers" and spoke w/ a very nice man, he said "that the manager of the resort has spoke about closing the pool for one month in either Sept or Oct" and that alot of the CM's feelings are that Jan would be a better time as Sept/Oct they are predicting full occupancy with CBR being refurbished as well. He told me that Sept/Oct are still a very big possibility and it will take at least a month to do all the work. He also said that if the pool is important to you as a guest to try calling Disney and explaining how you feel and maybe you could be upgraded to a deluxe.

Well I guess then it's official that it's getting a rehab just a matter of when. I guess i'll wait and see if I get anything in the mail about it, like when they did the Poly.

Good luck to us all!

This is very disappointing news, indeed! We have ressies at the end of October. As we are a family of 5, POR is our only moderate option. My kids will be devestated if the pool closes. This would really ruin our vacation!!

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I called Disney again!!! (Isnt it funny how many times you can call and how many answers you can get). I talked to "MARY" she said that she checked and "that the rehab will likely be postponed until next year". I'm still not sure if this is correct information as I was told many diffrent stories today. I think the man at "muddy rivers" probably had the most accurate information. I will call again in a couple weeks to see if I can get a more definite answer. I'm afraid that they will say it is postponed and then when we arrive the pool will be closed. I know its probably silly but the pool is a major issue for us as our kids spend alot of time there and we dont want to walk 15min to swim at the serpent pool (that we don't really like anyway). Maybe someone else will have better luck getting accurate info out of disney. Thanks!!

Unless things have changed, I always hope for a pool closing (as long as there is a still a quiet pool to swim in). Why, you ask? We were told that if your main pool is closed for refurb, you can then pool hop..like we used to do back when it was allowed. Has that changed? Looking at the glass half full..when else would you get a chance to check out all the other pools? With the bridge cut off, ohter than the slide (which the kids hardly used), I dont' see where the main pool is so great, anyway. I wonder if you'll get to try Stormalong bay, or the Poly? Now, wouldnt' that be fun and different?

This is upsetting to me, too. We're scheduled to arrive on September 28 -- one day after the start of renovations on the pool. For my DD and I, the pool is a major draw. I want to use the pool at our resort; I don't want to schlep stuff to another resort. It takes too much time from an already short day.

This exact thing happened to us a couple of years ago when we stayed at POFQ. They had the pool closed down to make it handicapper accessible and we had to use the PORS pool. I think we were given pool hopper passes, but we never took advantage of them. With no rental car, traveling from one resort to another takes way too much time on the Disney busses. It is not convenient to do.

I've an e-message in to my DU agent hoping for an answer, and, perhaps a transfer to POFQ or somewhere else.

I know that this is very upsetting because the kids look forward to the slide and fun of the main pool. However, to add my 2 cents worth, I saw many kids playing in the quiet pools during my recent stay. All seemed to be having a good time! They were playing catch, using rafts, etc. The 2 mansion quiet pools are huge - almost Olympic size. The 3 bayou pools are smaller and more intimate. If POR was your first choice for resort, I would stick with it because this resort is so much fun! :p

Sandi-Please let us know what you find out from your DU agent. I'm hoping someone can give definite answers. I know everyone is being positive about pool hopping/smaller pools BUT in our experience when we were last there, our children only wanted to go on the slide we only used the quiet pool once and they were right back to the main pool. With 3 children (8 and under) it is not convenient to go to another resort to swim. I imagine that the CBR people transferred to Riverside will not be too happy as they already had to switch resorts. Thanks everyone!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter