Riverside pool rehab

In regards to Anne's post about changing a February reservation...

I've been there in February before and even though the weather is vastly improved over northern Indiana - it definately wasn't swimming pool weather. We enjoyed the hot tub - but not the pools!! I guess I'm just recommending that you not give up this wonderful resort and spend the big bucks for a deluxe resort and pool when it may be too cool to use the pools anyway.

That's probably Disney's theory on moving the restoration to January and February. I believe I'm correct in saying that this is also the time of year that Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon go through their rehabs.

Just something to consider...

Anne, I agree, I wouldn't change your ressie. This resort is too beautiful to miss. Also, if you are going in Feb., the rehab may just be all done.

I guess I would look into changing my reservation. Granted, I'm from Michigan, but we always go to WDW in February and ALWAYS swim. If you can afford a deluxe, I would give it some thought.

As a PORS guest, you'll have the ability to use the POFQ pool -- it's not too far away. We had to do the reverse a couple of years ago. With young kids, it is not terribly convenient to pool hop.

Just my 2 cents. I love PORS (and will be there next month). But the pool is a big part of my kid's vacation.

Thanks for all your posts. The pool is a big part of our kids Disney World stay. We have been there many times in February and ALWAYS swim at least 2 or 3 times. We have stayed at POR before and really like the resort and the food court, but don't want to have to haul the kids over the POFQ to swim and the quiet pools aren't as much fun.

Anne, I totally agree w/ you, our kids did not even care for the pool at FQ, plus it is quite a walk. I would check w/ Disney before you change your reservations (when I talked to the pool bar the CM said that it looks like it was changed to Jan) and should take about a month to rehab. He also told me that if the pool is a main issue for our family that disney may upgrade for a minimal charge. He did not guarantee this, but said it would not hurt to ask. We will be there in Sept (originally this is when they were going to rehab) and I was very worried about this too. Maybe the pool will be completed before your stay. I would call the resort directy and talk to "muddy rivers". Also, email Disney w/ your concern and see what they say.

I wrote a letter to the POR manager and to the executive offices about the (mostly) good and irritations (mostly transportation) of our May trip.
A woman from the executive office is suppose to call me. (She left a voice message for me today and I called back and left her a message of my day time number.)
I'll try to remember to ask about the pool rehab also and see what she says.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter