Riverside pool rehab

I hope I'll hear something tomorrow and will let y'all know. It's the slide that my DD likes, so the quiet pools aren't a good back up for us. I've stayed at CBR, POFQ and PORS. We chose PORS this time for the pool and playground. With the pool out, I think I want to switch.

OK. Just checked my e-mail and had a message from my DU agent. She didn't get any better information that we have. Here is her message:

"At this point we have not heard of any pool re-hab. I even called Disney to inquire & they have nothing on the books at this point.

If I hear anything, or you hear anything, I'll check into this further. :>)

Thanks!"

I replied that I'd gotten my information here and that we need good info. Hmmmmm.

I think TwinMom has the best information since she was just there.

Sandi-You may want to call "muddy rivers" the pool bar at riverside and see if they tell you any diffrent info than what I found. I hate to keep calling I dont want them to think I'm psycho (ha). September/October is coming very soon and you would think that they would eventually have a definite answer!!

I can't believe this is happening, I am one of those who relocated and guess what i chose POR. I could have stayed at poly for $20. more a night or AKL for $10. more a night . Please tell me it isn't so. we will be there sept 14 - 27. will rehab on pool be during this time??? I just relocated today. if this is so why didn't the CBR Relocator team tell me! : ( Please if anyone finds out more info let me know. Thanks

i weighed in earlier on this thread and said i might change well i called the liki tiki resort and can get a one bedroom with full kitchen and they have a very nice themed pool, we stayed there in 2000 and loved it, for 59 a nite, that price is if you tell them you've stayed there before, they don't ask when, it's up to you if you want to say that. it is very nice, maybe a good alternative if you are fed up with the games disney plays with our money. it is a time shere resort that comes with all the things you would expect of something like it

I always hope for a pool closing (as long as there is a still a quiet pool to swim in). Why, you ask? We were told that if your main pool is closed for refurb, you can then pool hop

Oh if that's the case bring the rehab on! lol. I think it would be so cool to try all the different pools out! Seriously, it would be so much fun.

ls1222 (and everyone else):

I called PORS this morning and asked to be transferred to someone who would know about the pool. After a moment's hesitation, the lady who picked up my call suggested that the marina would be able to help. So, I was transferred to those guys. They knew about the pool being rehabbed. "You just want to know when? Hey [to his co-workers], what's the schedule for the pool rehab? Not until January -- Okay." Then he got back on with me and said, it looks like it's postponed to January.

So, that's the story from the marina. My impression, although only based on a phone call and overhearing their conversation, was that the marina was a reliable source. That being said, the "powers that be" at Disney, seem to make lots of decisions without informing their CMs. So, I'll be calendaring to ask the question again mid-September before we leave for our trip.

Sandi-Thanks for the information. Hopefully, they are correct. I will check again in a couple weeks as our trip draws closer. I have decided that if the pool is being done during our stay we will switch resorts!! Thanks again!!

Yes, let's see where we are in a couple of weeks. I'm also going to switch if the pool is in rehab. We'll be there at the same time!

How do you do the countdown thing? I'm computer challenged, but willing to learn.

i have a freind across the street whos brother works at wdw and they know nothing about the rehab and say they will stay there based on brothers lack of info but if they find anything out in the meantime they will let me know and i will let you all know

If they are going to rehab, I hope they fix the bridge. The ugly fencing added beneath the bridge was an eyesore and restrictive. I never could figure out the purpose of it. Does anyone know why it was added?

We were just there and I had a nice conversation with a lifeguard regarding the bridge, the ugly fencing and the rehab. She said that the original bridge was in need of drastic repairs and was no longer safe. Even though the bridge was "closed off", it does span the pool and you used to be able to swim under it. The ugly fencing was put there to keep people from swimming underneath and risking injury from the rotting bridge above. Yes...it's ugly, but the lifeguard assured me that the rehab will be wonderful and when we come back next summer, the work will be complete and the results will be GREAT!!

I look forward to the pool being redone. It's about time. If it doesn't affect your vacation, it will certainly affect someone elses. It's just luck of the draw. Please note!! I just returned from Dixie Landing/POR this week. A friend of mine works there and she said that this resort, along with the other moderates and All Stars are almost at capacity starting September through December. Probably due to the CBR. So if anyone here wants to change their ressies, I certainly wouldn't wait too long. That also goes to the folks hoping for a better discount. I wouldn't want to scare you, but my friend and the servers at the restraurant are pretty excited that POR is at capacity for the next 4 months--especially what they went through last fall!! I have my ressies for my next two trips!!

On another note: I went to the new and improved food court at the FQ and have to say that it is a hugh improvement. We ate there several times for lunch. The choices are great. They make fresh subs and wraps while you wait, along with fresh salads. The dinner menu is greatly improved. A PLUS for this resort, but still miss Bonfamilles!

Per n2mm-that is exactly why I don't think they should do the pool rehab during this time!! The people that chose Riverside when they got moved from the CBR probably wouldnt be too happy that the resorts main pool is closed. We have not stayed there when it was full so and am not looking forward to fighting the crowds at the bus stops and food courts. I totally understand whenever they do the rehab it is going to make someone unhappy (thats just the way it goes) I just wish Disney would make up their minds that way the people booked at Riverside during the rehab could make a decision to book another resort or deal w/ the pool being closed. Thanks!!

Wow...this stressed me out!

I just called Disney - they connected me to Guest Relations at Port Orleans - he did not know a thing about it, but after I explained how important it was to me to KNOW, he connected me to Port Orleans Recreation (Amy) who assured me that it WAS moved to January. I made her repeat it and she said "yes, the pool WAS scheduled to be closed in September/October, but it has been moved to January"

Hope that makes everyone feel better!! :jester:

See you in September!!!

Crystal

Crystal-Thanks so much for the information!! I hope "Amy" is correct on this one. The main pool is important for us too, so I know how you feel. I was planning on checking back w/ the resort in a couple weeks.

Sorry for so many posts but just wanted to update everyone-- "Birdie" from PO riverside just called me this afternoon (was responding to my email). Anyway, she said that the pool rehab was FOR SURE postponed until January!!!!! She said it was originally scheduled for Sept/Oct but was changed.

excellent! I'm assuming we spoke to two different people, but with some of the names I hear in reservations, who knows!? LOL!

I'm psyched - It DOES sound like it needs to be done, but I certainly don't want to deal with the inconvenience and NOISE of it being done when I'm there! :rolleyes:

Crystal

Thank goodness for these boards !!-- we have reservations for early February and the pool is very important for my kids too!! We are a family of five so I guess we'll HAVE TO upgrade to a deluxe resort. :D :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter