Riviera Pricing Released

I think that the $/pt and the point requirements are actually better than I had anticipated. Dues are quite high though.

Ditto this for me. The dues are a non-starter for me. I expect they will have to cut prices - but I guess we'll see. The location just isn't there compared to BLT (using that as example... especially since point charts are roughly the same.)

It should be priced like animal kingdom because of transportation options. Really, it is less appealing than ak, because it has the gondola. Nothing screams luxury like being stuffed in a gondola with other sweaty people.

I was never going to buy Riviera direct, but would have considered resale if the prices were reasonable enough. Starting dues of $8.31 is insane. Let's not forget that at the onset Bay Lake Tower dues were less than $4 per point.

b_1200_800_0_10_images_stories_drr_points_RVA_Points_2020.png

I wonder how much the dues are attributable to gondola maintenance and repairs. Seems like it would be hard to untangle with all the cash rooms funneling through...

With regards to the dues, I wonder if they have built in the increased wages that are still coming while other resorts will be seeing increases for a couple of years yet.

WDRL's response from DVCNews re: when non-members were able to book with CCV.

Here is what happened for Copper Creek, which opened on July 17, 2017:

Beginning on March 21, 2017, existing Disney Vacation Club owners who add-on points at Copper Creek can begin booking up to 11 months in advance. This covers the period July 17, 2017, to February 21, 2018.

Beginning April 19, 2017, New DVC members (no prior ownership) who purchase at Cop per Creek can begin booking up to 11 months in advance. Sales to this group will open on April 5. This covers the period July 17, 2017, to March 19, 2018.

Beginning April 26. 2017, Reservations open to all non-Copper Creek DVC owners, subject to the normal 7 month window. Effectively, as of April 36, non-owners will have access to all available nights from the July 17 opening through November 26 (7 months from April 26.)

Comparing to when I travel (Magic Season usually), Standard view rooms seem to slot in just a bit higher than BLT Lake view rooms, and their "preferred" view cost more than Theme Park view at BLT.

I do think the gondolas will be a positive for the resort, but between the dues and point chart, my thought of picking up a 100-160 point resale contract in a few years are gone. I'd be better off picking up another 160 at BLT I think.

I do think the demand will be there for the resort once some initial feedback regarding the gondolas comes back positive.

I do think the demand will be there for the resort once some initial feedback regarding the gondolas comes back positive.

That's is the key I think. If the reviews of the gondolas come back positive and they are seen as a good form of transport, I would imagine the demand would go up. Its the same thought of exclusivity as the Monorail resorts. It is the only DVC with gondola access to 2 theme parks. I mean, if we're serious, being on the monorail can have some negative aspects as well when it shuts down, but people still want those resorts.

In Adventure season a week in a Tower Studio is 81 points, which is good if compared with the cost of the other studios at DDR, but an awful value in general for a broom cupboard with a view.
For the same amount of points I can get a Standard view at AKV (with a good chance of a partial savannah view) and for 11 more a full Savannah view.
For 9 points more (just over 1 points more per night) I can get a preferred view at BWV: I'll take anytime being able to 2 parks vs gondolas (and I'm excited for the gondolas) and a full room, including such a luxury item like a table and two chairs.
And I can easily get a full studio with two real beds at SSR (after refurb) and OKW for a similar number of points. And for not much more I can easily get BLT lake, the Poly standard, BRV.
And I'm not even considering the extravalue rooms or (average and above) difficult to get resorts.

Conclusion: Tower studios will be booked within the home resort advantage, but then a lot of people will try to switch to other resorts at 7 months. A waitlist or stalking at 7 months will have a good chance of getting it, if anyone will be interested.

I see them as the next BCV/BWV as far as location goes. Short gondola ride to the front of HS or Epcot IG. People are paying full retail for BCV right now to be next to Epcot IG and walking/boat distance to HS. I think they'll sell pretty well to be honest. I'm also not concerned about the heat. Can't be worse than riding the boat in July or walking to HS. I think there will be some sort of breeze moving through them, and you won't be stuck on them long. I think 5 or 6 minutes is the expected travel time from Riv to Epcot or HS. Beats waiting for a bus for 20 minutes.

Conclusion: Tower studios will be booked within the home resort advantage, but then a lot of people will try to switch to other resorts at 7 months. A waitlist or stalking at 7 months will have a good chance of getting it, if anyone will be interested.

Tower studios will be the next AKV Value rooms. I don't think there are many of them to go around, and they'll get booked very quickly. Best to pretend the category doesn't exist like AKV Value rooms.

Tower studios will be the next AKV Value rooms. I don't think there are many of them to go around, and they'll get booked very quickly. Best to pretend the category doesn't exist like AKV Value rooms.

A week in a Value studio is 60 points, 21 less, and it's a room for 4 people just slightly smaller. A tower studios is limited for solo traveler and couples who don't might to share a cramped space. It's both limited in audience and not a great deal points wise. Its appeal is way less than a Value studios or BWV or BLT standard.

A week in a Value studio is 60 points, 21 less, and it's a room for 4 people just slightly smaller. A tower studios is limited for solo traveler and couples who don't might to share a cramped space. It's both limited in audience and not a great deal points wise. Its appeal is way less than a Value studios or BWV or BLT standard.
I actually am considering purchasing a GW for a Tower Studio (if they offer them, already e-mailed DVC) only because I don't need the space usually and it has a lower buy-in, giving me Epcot/HS location. Though as an aside I'm still looking for my white-whale of a BCV or BWV 75-100 point October use year. Found it once but Disney took it, haha.

I actually am considering purchasing a GW for a Tower Studio (if they offer them, already e-mailed DVC) only because I don't need the space usually and it has a lower buy-in, giving me Epcot/HS location. Though as an aside I'm still looking for my white-whale of a BCV or BWV 75-100 point October use year. Found it once but Disney took it, haha.

There will be no guaranteed weeks for tower studios. It was my first question to my guide. :\

There will be no guaranteed weeks for tower studios. It was my first question to my guide. :\
Thanks for the update. I figured that might be the case but with resale restrictions that likely ends my interest in direct purchase there. I guess I will have to wait for BCV/BWV for the perfect contract, or Riviera to show up on resale (while still being sold direct so unlikely to ROFR) for cheap, since the location doesn't bother me.

Looking at the point chart, a week in a preferred studio in Adventure season is 134 points.
In Choice 148: +10%
In Dream 162: +21%
In Magic 190: +42%
In Premier 243: +81%

Looking at 2019 BLT studio Lake view, the increments for the seasons are: +4%, +15%, +24%, +62%
For VGF: +3%, +24%, +34%, +83%

Not sure if my math makes sense and I haven't found the rolled back 2020 charts for comparison, but it seems the pattern is not dissimilar to the current point charts for the other resorts. If anything, Adventure season will be even cheaper than the other resorts. Has DVC given up on rebalancing the seasons?

With regards to the dues, I wonder if they have built in the increased wages that are still coming while other resorts will be seeing increases for a couple of years yet.

Yes, this. All the MFs will be above $8+ soon enough.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter