Robert Trump passes

It is very sad. I lost my Dear Dad, 7 years ago due to him very sadly 😢falling down the stairs, having a brain bleed, hematoma..he passed away within 16 hours of his tragic fall. What a shock to all of us and My Mom, he was relatively healthy and had just finished working outside puttering around his lawn as he loved to do. He was a wonderful father, loving and adoring Grandpa.🙏🙏
That’s very sad. I’m sorry.

It's a melancholy season of life when you get to be a certain age, your parents are gone, and realizing now it's your generation's turn. The first of "us" to go was my brother in 2015. My other brother and sister are 77 and 69 respectively. I'm 53 so it's likely I'll have to say good by to each of them eventually. :sad1:

Last edited:

Rules haven't changed. Mods aren't paid for their time...they are volunteers and can't be everywhere all the time and certainly aren't hovering over their keyboards 24/7 scanning for infractions so if you see something questionable or objectionable hit the report button.

Falls kill 27,000 people 65 and older every year and account for more then 800,000 hospitalizations for the same age group.
I get where you’re going with this (and agree), and Trumps’s brother was 72, but I think @J’aime Paris’s husband is much younger than that. It is a concern for any age group when on anticoagulants.

Yes, my DH is much younger. Thx @Pea-n-Me !
I know to worry about deep gashes, internal bleeding from a car accident, major trauma, or the like while on blood thinners. I didn't realize a simple fall could cause a brain bleed/death.

My husband is on blood thinners. A few years back, while we were on vacation to DLR, he fell. He had a brain bleed and was in the ICU in St. Joe's for three days. Very frightening. Falling is one of my greatest fears at our age.

Last edited:
A number of posts have been removed from this thread.

For those upset about moderating on the DIS - feel free to send your concerns/comments/complaints to admin@wdwinfo.com . Posting such complaints publicly in threads with a different topic can (and has) resulted in infractions per the DIS Guidelines:

9. MODERATORS

The DIS has a wonderful group of Moderators who have volunteered to assist our visitors and monitor the boards. Part of their responsibilities are ensuring that our guidelines are followed which may require that a thread is edited, deleted, closed or moved. If these decisions impact you, we ask that you respect them. Should you have any questions, please direct them to admin@wdwinfo.com. Any discussion about a Moderating decision that takes place on the boards could result in an infraction.

I am always conscious of this, old guy on Coumadin here.

I was a lifer on Coumadin (after having two blood clots), but I got so tired of having to have it checked all the time so a few months ago I switched to Eliquis. No checks anymore, love that. I do worry just a little about getting into a car accident. As when my mother was on Coumadin her doctor actually told her she would probably bleed out if she was ever in a serious car crash. Never thought about a brain bleed. ☹️

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter