• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ROFR Thread July to Sept 2020 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if ROFR will move more quickly now, assuming they are having more people return to work. Our contract just went over yesterday, so I am preparing myself for a long wait!

I asked the same thing on the previous thread. I really hope it picks up in the next few weeks.

Last edited:
Maybe they had a reservation that used the 2019 banked points. Then they made another reservation that used 2020 points plus some 2021 points. Then they cancelled the original reservation. The banked 2019 points would go back in their account even though they used 2021 points.
The weird thing is it still has full 2020 points. I think they prob had several reservations with banked and 2020 points and only got to go on the trip with the borrowed points. Oh well, we are still hoping Aulani will be ok to visit in the spring to use up the banked points. Crossing our fingers!

I am still waiting for ROFR on my CCV contract sent on 5/5. The contract quotes that it should close on 29th of June OR 30 days after receiving estoppel information. My broker says that we have to wait to receive estoppel info from Disney for closing (and the closing company confirms it). Is there really nothing I can do? I would like to cancel the contract, as 2 months just waiting for ROFR is simply too long... (without loosing my deposit)
If you are passed your scheduled closing date, then you are no longer waiting on ROFR as it is automatically waived when the scheduled closing date arrives (assuming it was scheduled at least 30 days out from submitting to ROFR). Waiting on estoppel does not extend the ROFR just provides an administrative extension to the close date if needed.

But, no you can’t walk away without losing your deposit. These are the terms of the contract you agreed to when you submitted to the process. If you weren’t prepared for a long wait, you should have bought direct. Resale always takes forever, resale during a pandemic of course is going to take even longer.

Congratulations 🎉
Kdp2---$149-$36569-240-VGF-Apr-0/19, 0/20, 240/21- sent 5/22, passed 7/7

WE PASSED!!!!!! I am ecstatic!! It‘s been such a dream of mine to own at GF; I can’t believe it! And with everything being so miserable lately, this news is a huge mood lifter. Thank you Disney!!! Hooray!!!
Big congratulations on being out of the woods — so happy for you!! I’m waiting on a VGF contract as well and it’s been nice to have something to look forward to. Cheers to your good news!!

Just passed ROFR sent 26th of May
Troy821---$112-$17375-150-BWV-Mar-0/19, 0/20, 150/21, 150/22- sent 5/22, passed 7/7
Carrie932---$150-$20100-130-VGF-Sep-0/18, 0/19, 0/20, 130/21- sent 5/22, passed 7/7

so glad to finally be able to post this!!! 🎉
Mike D.---$93-$15460-150-SSR-Feb-0/19, 69/20, 150/21, 150/22- sent 5/25, passed 7/7

Whew! I'm glad that wait is over!
Kdp2---$149-$36569-240-VGF-Apr-0/19, 0/20, 240/21- sent 5/22, passed 7/7

WE PASSED!!!!!! I am ecstatic!! It‘s been such a dream of mine to own at GF; I can’t believe it! And with everything being so miserable lately, this news is a huge mood lifter. Thank you Disney!!! Hooray!!!
Passed today! Some fabulous news for our family...now just waiting until our delayed closing in early September. We're hoping to have points in our account by Halloween.

FatherOfMore---$94-$34750-360-AKV-Mar-0/19, 0/20, 360/21, 360/22-Delayed Closing Sept- sent 5/25, passed 7/7

Congrats to all of you, but might I also say....grrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

I'm about the come unglued tomorrow.

Small-point BCV contracts are pretty hard to come by and seem to be increasing in price. I know I

So true. You pay a bit extra, but you have to snap these up when you see them. I'm stalking too and I'm sure we have plenty of company as well. I put in a full-price offer last week for a 25-point BCV contract for $175 pp. Made the offer within an hour of posting and was notified that it had already been taken. Someone got lucky! :) And the stalking continues for me...
Exactly. Good Luck!

It's: ---$price/point--$total cost including closing costs--number of points on the contract--Resort (acronym)--use year of the contract--points left in 2019--points left in 2020--points left in 2021-- date sent to Disney for Right of first refusal (after contract is signed)

I had an offer accepted over the weekend. Contract signed, deposit taken and already went for ROFR. The listing has disappeared from the resale website. I see others on there that say "offer accepted" or "sale pending." Not sure why mine is no longer listed.

I had an offer accepted over the weekend. Contract signed, deposit taken and already went for ROFR. The listing has disappeared from the resale website. I see others on there that say "offer accepted" or "sale pending." Not sure why mine is no longer listed.
I used DVC Resale Market and my listing was pulled quickly after the seller accepted the offer and we started signing docs. I happen to be on the website and saw that it was "Offer Accepted" and then it was gone within hours. I think some brokers are faster than others at pulling listings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter