ROFR Thread July to Sept 2022 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's your UY? I'll start looking out for an AUL subsidized contract for you 🤣
I saw two subsidized contracts come out today (or maybe yesterday)- fixed weeks for 52 and 1 for a 2 bedroom!! It was a ton of points though.

Did they go on a similar ROFR streak on OKW as they’re doing fit SSR before they issued the extended contracts?

Would the current labor market perhaps throw a huge curve ball into this mix and create issues with the traditional model?
I don't know, but it seems like it would have to be multiples in cost to make up the difference.
I can't help but to think that it would be in DVD's long term interest for a healthy resale market to prop up its overall value.
It's certainly in the long-term interest of a current owner. I don't think it's necessary to sell more timeshares. It was important to you probably because (a) you are a DISer (and therefore not at all like a normal person) and (b) it was likely something that the Guide pointed to during the sales process. There are other things the Guide can focus on instead---and that's what e.g. Wyndham sales agents do.

Ultimately, the thing that props up resale values are the rental values, plus brand recognition, augmented by Disney's pixie-dust fueled Reality Distortion Field. The first two are why e.g. Marriott and Hilton also do well in the resale market.

Ultimately, the thing that props up resale values are the rental values, plus brand recognition, augmented by Disney's pixie-dust fueled Reality Distortion Field.
I haveto agree that the resale market isn't necessary for Disney to sell more timeshares. As long as the parks are around, DVC will always be of value.
It was important to you probably because (a) you are a DISer (and therefore not at all like a normal person) and (b) it was likely something that the Guide pointed to during the sales process.
Even though I love these boards, I can assure you. I most certainly am a "normal" person :-) . WRT to my direct guide, he didn't haveto mention anything about resale. I was an uninformed fairy dust dreamer without a thought of selling when I bought my first contract. But now I see the light!
The first two are why e.g. Marriott and Hilton also do well in the resale market.
I have next to zero knowledge about other timeshare products? Is it true what they say? That you couldn't give away these contracts even if you wanted to? That they are a money suck? Or is it just fodder for DVC vloggers and podcast hosts to hype up Disney and DVC?

Borrowing restrictions are gone amigos. I wonder what that will do for the market of buyers and sellers. Seems like it will make some need less points and make the visit every three years plan viable.

It might but given that people are now aware this can happen, I bet less go in with a plan like that since this could be implemented again if something happens.

I have been watching two weeks in particular for a few months now both 1 and 2 bedrooms. I noticed on both those weeks that SSR and OKW which both have long had availability that there was a noticeable shift in inventory today. There are now a bunch of 1 beds open and almost all 2 and Treehouse villas are gone. So some people sure must have jumped at access to the increased points

Last edited:
are you sure about that?.....
Yes sir (with the * that these last two VGC contracts make it through the ROFR monster). We'll be at 1120 points in total and to me that's a great start. I'll spend the next 5 years figuring out how to enjoy this madness and getting my ROTH IRA back on track for the temporary damage I did to it to make this happen. If I work hard and make it to Sr VP of Blah (or something similar) in a few years then yes.... I'll buy a few more points when I can afford more dues LOL.

Sunnyore---$170-$5157-25-BLT-Aug-0/21, 50/22, 25/23- sent 7/12

Tiny contracts are probably never a great deal but I figured not too terrible with the banked points. If Disney wants to take this one and pay the admin fee so be it. Also I was expecting a subpar experience with this brokerage from all the comments on here but my bid was presented to seller yesterday and contract sent to ROFR today so no complaints so far. Guess it's back to waiting....
This isn't that bad for a small contract as Disney is ROFRing BLT up to $165/pt. I would have jumped on this had it been the use year I own.

I have next to zero knowledge about other timeshare products? Is it true what they say? That you couldn't give away these contracts even if you wanted to? That they are a money suck? Or is it just fodder for DVC vloggers and podcast hosts to hype up Disney and DVC?

IMO Disney was always the best timeshare when it comes to increasing it’s value. With new restrictions coming, I do think resale won’t be as strong in years to come. Marriott brand is solid, last week I traded my 2 bedroom in Newport Beach, CA for a 2 bedroom at Saratoga Springs. I‘m expecting to be in a standard room which is 265 DVC points for the week so we are happy with this trade. You do see people trying to give away timeshares but if you buy a good brand, platinum week and resale, you can do well with it.

Got ROFR'd on my AKL contract last night. $129/pt for 200 points, seller pays closing. No surprise. I think I'm done trying to get DVC with where the market seems to be heading.
Look for an international contract. I found one for SSR at $128 pp a few month ago.

Jimmy Geppetto---$120-$17320-140-OKW(E)-Feb-0/21, 140/22, 140/23, 140/24-Seller paying '22 MF- sent 6/14 *CANCELLED*

Received an e-signature request for an addendum. No communication from broker whatsoever. Tucked in the addendum was a clause "both parties agree to expiration date of 2042".

Wasn't a 2057 extended deed. Disney caught it... broker didn't.

Broker was https://www.fidelityrealestate.com/

Jimmy Geppetto---$120-$17320-140-OKW(E)-Feb-0/21, 140/22, 140/23, 140/24-Seller paying '22 MF- sent 6/14 *CANCELLED*

Received an e-signature request for an addendum. No communication from broker whatsoever. Tucked in the addendum was a clause "both parties agree to expiration date of 2042".

Wasn't a 2057 extended deed. Disney caught it... broker didn't.

Broker was https://www.fidelityrealestate.com/
Bush league nonsense from Fidelity. They obviously have new people who have no idea what they are doing. The sneaky addendum is unethical - I would report them to FL regulators (or something equivalent).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter