ROFR Thread July to Sept 2022 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since we’ve been talking about Fidelity, does the listed contract price include the dues for that year? I’ve noticed that they don’t mention paying dues at closing on their listings and wasn’t sure if the total on the listing factored in the dues or not. I tried contacting Fidelity a few months ago to ask the question but they didn’t call me back.
When I bought from them two years ago, the due were not included in the listing price & they didn't indicate one way or the other if I had to pay. However, they did note what the yearly dues would be in the listing and they were ultimately included in the final sale price.

Since we’ve been talking about Fidelity, does the listed contract price include the dues for that year? I’ve noticed that they don’t mention paying dues at closing on their listings and wasn’t sure if the total on the listing factored in the dues or not. I tried contacting Fidelity a few months ago to ask the question but they didn’t call me back.
It does not.

You usually have to pay dues for current points unless you specify otherwise. That is in addition to the listed price.

After you submit an offer online, they usually then email you about 48 hours later to ask about that - specifically whether your offer includes paying 2022 MFs, the admin fee etc.

Looking at last month's ROFR report and Average Sales Price report both were at $167 per point for CCV. Looks like it was just a low price that the Drunken Monkey's could not r
Looking at last month's ROFR report and Average Sales Price report both were at $167 per point for CCV. Looks like it was just a low price that the Drunken Monkey's could not resist.
Thanks geargrinder! Are those reports here on the Disboards? Now I thought I might check to see where my offer compares to what they were buying last month.

Most brokers will tell you somewhere. It’s usually listed at the bottom or to the right of the listing after you click on the listing. You can also email the broker and let them know that you’re looking for an international seller.
Do you happen to know if dvcresalemarket.com posts this? I briefly looked at few contract details and didn’t see but wasn’t sure if didn’t see because they don’t list or because I only selected ones from domestic sellers.

Well DVC family with this the first chapter of our initial journey into DVC madness has a happy ending. I’ll likely be still reading and posting on the ROFR threads for years to come as I love the community and I’ve learned so much from everyone. Thanks again for all of the help!

NVDISFamily---$255-$64494-250-VGC-Jun-0/21, 0/22, 242/23- sent 6/10, passed 7/13

Two 125 point contracts. Same seller and one closing fee.
Awesome for you and all of us waiting, that we finally saw something come back from ROFR after a week of nothing

www.dvcresalemarket.com under the blog heading. They both get updated every month.
Thanks again geargrinder that was most helpful.
I will say when I looked at the average price I thought “Dang I could have tried to go lower”. Then I looked at highest price bought back and I thought “Dang I hope I am not too low.”

My guess though is highest price per point if likely for the smaller contracts. Does that make sense?

Thanks again!

I just got word this afternoon that DVC is taking a 30 point mostly stripped OKW (2042) in ROFR that we sold. Another disappointed buyer and they had to wait about 34 days to hear the bad news! :crazy2: That is three for three we sold since spring that DVC is taking 25, 30 and 50. Taking small contracts was a rarity until this buying spree, from what I remember!

We're selling off most of our 2042's and a second UY to consolidate. We are closing this month on two AKV's (delayed closing) which will mostly replace those three contracts. Still *watching* for deals!

Do you happen to know if dvcresalemarket.com posts this? I briefly looked at few contract details and didn’t see but wasn’t sure if didn’t see because they don’t list or because I only selected ones from domestic sellers.
They do, but in the detailed description. So you have to do a lot of clicking around to find one.

garegco---$175-$29900-160-BLT-Oct-160/21, 320/22, 160/23- sent 6/8, passed 7/13

Of course this passes the next day after doing a direct Riveria purchase. Not sure what to do about the 160 points expiring 9/30/22.
Hopefully you can close ASAP and get those points in your account. September typically has openings so if you price it dirt cheap you likely will find a taker. Hopefully you didn't pay for those points so it's just $$ in your pocket LOL!

Read up on the rent/trade thread here. I've rented to people and had good experiences. You can opt to go through a broker, but time is money and IMO better to control those points and rent them yourself.

Tip: Be very available when you rent them out because it can be like a *feeding frenzy* with PM's coming in one after the other. Priority in that case is whomever is willing to take the most points at once!

garegco---$175-$29900-160-BLT-Oct-160/21, 320/22, 160/23- sent 6/8, passed 7/13

Of course this passes the next day after doing a direct Riveria purchase. Not sure what to do about the 160 points expiring 9/30/22.
Congrats! It gives me hope that my BLT @ $165/pt might pass ROFR. I should hear about it any day now...

Also, if you had bought RIV direct one day ago assuming that your BLT offer would be taken by ROFR, you're within your 10 day window where you can cancel the RIV contract.

Congrats! It gives me hope that my BLT @ $165/pt might pass ROFR. I should hear about it any day now...

Also, if you had bought RIV direct one day ago assuming that your BLT offer would be taken by ROFR, you're within your 10 day window where you can cancel the RIV contract.
In the past month I've had BLT contracts bought back at $140/pt, $165/pt, and $168/pt. The $165 and $168 contracts had a full year of banked points available.

It took us a while to come around but we'd actually prefer direct RIV over the resale BLT contract so we have a tough decision to make on this now.

I also ask the seller to pay the admin fee.

It’s hard to be done with Fidelity because they post good deals!! I just saw fully loaded subsidized dues at Aulani for $125/point. My use year.

I am tempted.
Great deal… until they send you closing docs and the dues aren’t subsidized.

:S
Why would you even say that?! I bought AUL subsidized from Fidelity back in February. It took some back and forth to verify that the contract was indeed subsidized. Even though I got the confirmation via estoppel and Bureau of Conveyances, I still have uncertainty. My heart would sink and would be beside myself come January if my dues statement say otherwise.

In the past month I've had BLT contracts bought back at $140/pt, $165/pt, and $168/pt. The $165 and $168 contracts had a full year of banked points available.

It took us a while to come around but we'd actually prefer direct RIV over the resale BLT contract so we have a tough decision to make on this now.
We're in the same UY: Oct. Theoretically, if my BLT contract is taken in ROFR, and you want to back out of yours, is there any way to keep identical terms but just change the buyer from you to me after your contract passed ROFR? I assume the answer is "no", but this is a situation that I haven't seen addressed here.

BTW, we already own direct points at RIV. If we ever cross paths there, a friendly hi & welcome home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter