ROFR Thread Oct to Dec 2020 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw a post on a dvc Facebook group that Disney won’t be looking at contracts until the new year (think it was 1/4), think that’s true?

Saw a post on a dvc Facebook group that Disney won’t be looking at contracts until the new year (think it was 1/4), think that’s true?

My contract was sent to ROFR yesterday and the email said Disney notified the broker that due to reductions in staffing, the process could take 45-60 days rather than the usual 30 day rule. No exact date was given.

larry47591---$64-$21860-330-HH-Mar-0/19, 0/20, 0/21, 330/22- sent 12/8, passed 12/17

Just heard back. Now the long wait till April to close.

Is it common for it to take 4 months to go from ROFR passing to closing and getting points?

Is it common for it to take 4 months to go from ROFR passing to closing and getting points?
No. I mean, it's "Covid time" but even then 3-4 months from Sent to ROFR to point in account is more typical.
Visit the Closing Time thread and you can see some examples.
Here's the end of the thread - you can see someone yesterday's total time was under 3 months.
https://www.disboards.com/threads/closing-time.3392820/page-388
That said, I'm at 2.5 months so far and haven't closed yet (but getting close I think)

Ladylotus---$98-$11186-100-SSR-Sep-0/19, 93/20, 100/21, 100/22- sent 11/23, passed 12/8

:banana:Yippee - finally found out today even though it passed on the 8th! Good grief - 10 days of unnecessary anxiety o_O
That's a good deal for SSR right now.
Congratulations!

MICKIMINI---$74-$3367-30-HH-Oct-0/19, 60/20, 30/21, 30/22- sent 12/1, passed 12/17

:car: HHI for WDW roadtrippin retirement plan!
That’s great- trying to bid on HHI points myself but the sellers haven’t been budging on prices and I don’t want to pay $85+/point. Patience is hard!

That’s great- trying to bid on HHI points myself but the sellers haven’t been budging on prices and I don’t want to pay $85+/point. Patience is hard!
I agree it is so hard to wait when you know what you want! I have been casually looking for a small (under 50) Oct HHI which is definitely a "unicorn" and it popped up early one morning. I need it to plan out that 4-5 week trip starting at HHI, so I have to have the 11 month advantage and then move to BRV and OKW.

I get up a bit after 4 am and DH around 5 am...that gives me time to "shop" LOL! I've found nearly all my deals at that hour before anyone else scoops them up. I give DH a few minutes to drink coffee and then spring it on him!

Closing costs are higher in SC, so more reason to shoot for a lower price on HHI. It will show up when you least expect it! :magnify:

pangyal---$114-$27965-235-BCV-Feb-0/19, 0/20, 241/21, 235/22- sent 12/17

Oh my gosh! Super! Will you share what the asking price was on this and your initial offer?

I have made a few low ball offers (higher than this) and the sellers did not even bite. This was months ago and their properties are still for sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter