ROFR Thread Oct to Dec 2020 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
The closing documents for our AKV resale purchase arrived today - Yay! Is it ok to wait to send the funds until after the seller signs their closing documents? I don't imagine much is going to happen until the New Year anyway.
I'm doing the same, and glad I did.....3 weeks later and the sellers still have not returned their documents. That's a lot of money to not have in my account for a month plus! I just advised my title company and broker to tell me when seller returns their docs to wire the money. Mine was an international seller and now the UK is shut down, so might be waiting even longer!

I'm doing the same, and glad I did.....3 weeks later and the sellers still have not returned their documents. That's a lot of money to not have in my account for a month plus! I just advised my title company and broker to tell me when seller returns their docs to wire the money. Mine was an international seller and now the UK is shut down, so might be waiting even longer!
I feel your pain! I just went through that with two contracts and the seller took his sweet time. It was way past the "drop dead" date so I threatened to walk and then FINALLY, the docs were received and we closed. I still don't have the points yet. They had my money for over a month.

You are doing the right thing to hold onto your money until the broker receives the seller's docs!

I feel your pain! I just went through that with two contracts and the seller took his sweet time. It was way past the "drop dead" date so I threatened to walk and then FINALLY, the docs were received and we closed. I still don't have the points yet. They had my money for over a month.

You are doing the right thing to hold onto your money until the broker receives the seller's docs!
Yeah, I saw someone else's nightmare on another thread and waited! This seller wasn't responding to the broker and wouldnt send the docs back. Was that you? I'm sure it was. The guy had 4 contracts in limbo

Yeah, I saw someone else's nightmare on another thread and waited! This seller wasn't responding to the broker and wouldnt send the docs back. Was that you? I'm sure it was. The guy had 4 contracts in limbo
Yes, it was me! I still don't have the deed or points but it has closed. I don't have any idea what his actual "issue" was. A lesson for me and anyone else who happened to be following along...12 resales bought and one bum seller, so statistically it doesn't happen often! The broker was as frustrated as I was with two other buyers waiting.

You can get the money to the broker in less than a day (wire or overnight ship). I hope your contract moves along from here! Patience isn't my strong point either LOL!

[/QUOTE

All the UK banks and financial sector are still open,along with solicitors, lawyers and the postal services, so the delay can only be the sellers.

gskywalker---$92-$25610-270-AKV-Feb-0/19, 0/20, 270/21, 270/22- sent 12/22

Instead of BLT(3 taken already) lets see if I have better luck with AKV. The cool thing about it is it is 5 contracts set up in one sale(and closing fee). I won't know till I close but I am hoping it means that the contracts will be split so that when we get older we can split this purchase and give contracts to each of our kids. As well if they are separate contracts then I could sell them as individual contracts to get the small point premiums. I am surprised a reseller didn't try to get this contract for that purpose. With all that said I still expect for it to be taken again by ROFR.
Great price ! Congrats.

Just received notice that I had a poly bought back sent on 12/15. So there it is. Poly is being bought back now.
I'm so sorry. I guess they have to start with somebody's, but I am sorry that it was you!

Would you mind possibly posting the formatted details in this thread? Since I don't recall Poly ever being bought back, I would love to have that data point- if it's not too much trouble :flower3:

birchtree95---$133-$21990-160-BLT-Feb-0/19, 0/20, 0/21, 160/22- seller pays MF '21, sent 10/5, passed 11/2

I know I'm late to the game here, but I've been examining this thread a lot lately, and realized that every bit of information helps.

I ended up with about $200 credit even after the '21 Dues were paid, very excited about that unexpected bonus!

Looking at the other contracts sent around the same time, it seems that some, nearly identical, are being taken, and some are passing. What's the logic these people use?

Hey All,

Hope everyone is staying safe! I am a direct and resale member since 2009. I am looking at getting another resale (BLT hopefully) and wanted to know about DVC Store. Last time I went with DVC Resale Market and had a reasonably good experience. Also, what brokers should I stay away from?

TIA!

ETA link: www.dvcstore.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey All,

Hope everyone is staying safe! I am a direct and resale member since 2009. I am looking at getting another resale (BLT hopefully) and wanted to know about DVC Store. Last time I went with DVC Resale Market and had a reasonably good experience. Also, what brokers should I stay away from?

TIA!

The big thing probably is a broker that knows DVC and has the contract you like - ie skip the sellmytimeshare type broker. There are quite a few qualified DVC brokers now. Every single one will have it's bad experiences reported and it's good ones. That's the one consistent thing I've seen in the 12 years I've been buying or watching resale.

Hey All,

TIA!

ETA link: www.dvcstore.com
The DVC Store is a sponsor of the DIS DVC Forums. They have an excellent reputation. Were I buying or selling, I would not hesitate to use them.

As @KAT4DISNEY posted, there are several reputable brokers out there. Pick the one with the best contract for you. Good luck!

The big thing probably is a broker that knows DVC and has the contract you like - ie skip the sellmytimeshare type broker. There are quite a few qualified DVC brokers now. Every single one will have it's bad experiences reported and it's good ones. That's the one consistent thing I've seen in the 12 years I've been buying or watching resale.
The DVC Store is a sponsor of the DIS DVC Forums. They have an excellent reputation. Were I buying or selling, I would not hesitate to use them.

As @KAT4DISNEY posted, there are several reputable brokers out there. Pick the one with the best contract for you. Good luck!

Thank you!. Just made an offer on a BLT contract. We will see what happens. I will post if accepted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter