ROYAL PACIFIC RESORT INFO...FAQ and more......

Been to Disney many times... Haven’t been to Universal since the 90’s .Have two teenage girls and a husband who enjoy coasters. So first time planning a stay. Read many forums threads and wondering what is the standard length a family can stay entertained at Universal. With two parks and City Walk , since we are coming for Thanksgiving not sure about water park. I am liking a club level stay at either Royal Pacific or Portifino Bay. I would love to book all 9 days but am afraid we will be burnt out or bored for that length.
Also would consider a split stay with Disney but that’s getting really pricey.

We are in the same boat as you, having done Disney twice in the last 4 years. Our son has been begging to go to Universal so we finally caved this year, but my wife and I definitely are more Disney types. We haven't been to Universal since the 90s either. What we did is we booked both the Magic Kingdom After Hours and Animal Kingdom After Hours events to get our Disney fix in. We are going to keep our hotel at Universal the entire time though. Changing hotels in the middle of the trip sounds like a big pain and takes away valuable time. We are getting there on a Monday night, and leaving on Friday. We have the 4 day, 3 park, park-to-park tickets. We didn't even factor in being able to use Volcano Bay because in March, it can be iffy whether or not you can do that stuff. We've gone to Disney during that time when it's been warm the entire time, but last time we had a couple of chilly days where we wouldn't have gotten much out of a water park. But the ticket package deal for all 3 parks was the best deal. When we arrive on Monday, that's the night of the Magic Kingdom After Hours, so we aren't even going to go into the Universal parks that day. We are just planning on eating early at Citywalk then heading to Magic Kingdom. We will then have all day Tuesday, Wednesday, and most of Thursday (as we have to leave early for the Animal Kingdom After Hours), and then we will have Friday morning before we have to head out. I think we will have plenty of time having the Unlimited Express Passes. I could be wrong, but I hope it's enough. My only concern is we may not get decent pool time at the resort, which is something my son loves to do on our trips. But we will just see how it goes. Sometimes our son craps out early at the parks and just wants to go back to the resort to swim.

Been to Disney many times... Haven’t been to Universal since the 90’s .Have two teenage girls and a husband who enjoy coasters. So first time planning a stay. Read many forums threads and wondering what is the standard length a family can stay entertained at Universal. With two parks and City Walk , since we are coming for Thanksgiving not sure about water park. I am liking a club level stay at either Royal Pacific or Portifino Bay. I would love to book all 9 days but am afraid we will be burnt out or bored for that length.
Also would consider a split stay with Disney but that’s getting really pricey.

We are in the same boat as you, having done Disney twice in the last 4 years. Our son has been begging to go to Universal so we finally caved this year, but my wife and I definitely are more Disney types. We haven't been to Universal since the 90s either. What we did is we booked both the Magic Kingdom After Hours and Animal Kingdom After Hours events to get our Disney fix in. We are going to keep our hotel at Universal the entire time though. Changing hotels in the middle of the trip sounds like a big pain and takes away valuable time. We are getting there on a Monday night, and leaving on Friday. We have the 4 day, 3 park, park-to-park tickets. We didn't even factor in being able to use Volcano Bay because in March, it can be iffy whether or not you can do that stuff. We've gone to Disney during that time when it's been warm the entire time, but last time we had a couple of chilly days where we wouldn't have gotten much out of a water park. But the ticket package deal for all 3 parks was the best deal. When we arrive on Monday, that's the night of the Magic Kingdom After Hours, so we aren't even going to go into the Universal parks that day. We are just planning on eating early at Citywalk then heading to Magic Kingdom. We will then have all day Tuesday, Wednesday, and most of Thursday (as we have to leave early for the Animal Kingdom After Hours), and then we will have Friday morning before we have to head out. I think we will have plenty of time having the Unlimited Express Passes. I could be wrong, but I hope it's enough. My only concern is we may not get decent pool time at the resort, which is something my son loves to do on our trips. But we will just see how it goes. Sometimes our son craps out early at the parks and just wants to go back to the resort to swim.
That’s a brilliant idea! My only fear is they will not be running after hours nights during the week of Thanksgiving. We did Villians and loved it. 9 days just seems excessive at Universal which sounds awful to say. I wouldn’t think twice of booking that at Disney with 4 parks and DD . I am hoping I get some responses from others to ease my decision . I really don’t like jumping resorts either.

I have a feeling the After Hours events are here to stay. That has to be a huge cash cow for them I would think. But I'm not sure about the week of Thanksgiving. Maybe some others can chime in on that. I agree 9 days at Universal would probably be really excessive, at least until they get the additional parks built that they announced.
That’s a brilliant idea! My only fear is they will not be running after hours nights during the week of Thanksgiving. We did Villians and loved it. 9 days just seems excessive at Universal which sounds awful to say. I wouldn’t think twice of booking that at Disney with 4 parks and DD . I am hoping I get some responses from others to ease my decision . I really don’t like jumping resorts either.

9 days isn’t excessive to us. We don’t visit Disney or Sea world, but do have a car and do a bit of roving around Florida too. So we are a little different to most tourists as our average stay is around 26 nights, all at either RP and Sapphire Falls.

With 9 nights you’ll have plenty of time to relax and not run around the parks trying to fit everything in during 2 Days. You have plenty of time to enjoy the resort too, both those hotels have good pools and at PB you have a choice of more than one.

Disney is not too far to drive to, so you don’t need to move resorts which, yes, I can understand you not wanting to do. But avoiding the I-4 and going the Turkey Lake Rd into Sand Lake Rd towards Disney is a lot easier than the I-4. If we drive to LBV or Celebration we only ever use the Turkey Lake Rd route.

But, I can see why Universal only for 9 nights might be too much for some people.

Have you checked the park layouts and seen what’s on offer in the parks? You‘ll see some massive changes since you were last there!!!

9 days isn’t excessive to us. We don’t visit Disney or Sea world, but do have a car and do a bit of roving around Florida too. So we are a little different to most tourists as our average stay is around 26 nights, all at either RP and Sapphire Falls.

With 9 nights you’ll have plenty of time to relax and not run around the parks trying to fit everything in during 2 Days. You have plenty of time to enjoy the resort too, both those hotels have good pools and at PB you have a choice of more than one.

Disney is not too far to drive to, so you don’t need to move resorts which, yes, I can understand you not wanting to do. But avoiding the I-4 and going the Turkey Lake Rd into Sand Lake Rd towards Disney is a lot easier than the I-4. If we drive to LBV or Celebration we only ever use the Turkey Lake Rd route.

But, I can see why Universal only for 9 nights might be too much for some people.

Have you checked the park layouts and seen what’s on offer in the parks? You‘ll see some massive changes since you were last there!!!
The more I am researching I am either going to book the 9 days at Portofino or Royal Pacific club level . Really like the idea of hot breakfast at PR but like most rooms at or near lounge at RP. Are any of the rooms updated at PR? Hoping to swim some so who has the better pool .
I am researching SeaWorld and thinking of using Uber to visit one or two days there from Universal. Staying put at one resort sounds way more relaxing.

I just booked for July 3rd. I have never been to Universal before. Looking forward to having the unlimited pass for July 3rd and 4th! I am sure the park will be super crowded but the pass should help.

Any tips for things to do or avoid around the 4th at Universal?

Ok I think I made a decision. I am booking 8 nights at Royal Pacific club level. We will Uber to Seaworld for a day o two and /or a Disney After Hours Once. We will be staying over Thanksgiving week. I am leaning toward a package deal using the Universal Studios website. It will give me the unlimited length of stay 3 park ticket . Hopefully we catch a warm day to utilize Volcano Bay at least once. I know November can be iffy with temperatures.
Can anyone think of a reason I should not purchase as a package?
Thoughts on cancellation insurance? Never used it in the past but their Cancellation Policy is iffy wording to it.

I just made a reservation at Royal Pacific Resort for our first Universal trip. The confirmation email doesn't mention the credit card deposit that I made. Is that normal?

We are probably going to purchase Annual Passes. Do I have to purchase an AP before I can view any AP room discounts?

The more I am researching I am either going to book the 9 days at Portofino or Royal Pacific club level . Really like the idea of hot breakfast at PR but like most rooms at or near lounge at RP. Are any of the rooms updated at PR? Hoping to swim some so who has the better pool .
I am researching SeaWorld and thinking of using Uber to visit one or two days there from Universal. Staying put at one resort sounds way more relaxing.

The rooms were all updated a couple of years ago.

Usually Club Level rooms are all on the 7th floor. You can be put on the 6th floor on occasion, but takes seconds on the stairs or elevator.

We love the pool at RP, it suits us, but PB pools are lovely too. You can pool hop too at Universal.

I just made a reservation at Royal Pacific Resort for our first Universal trip. The confirmation email doesn't mention the credit card deposit that I made. Is that normal?

We are probably going to purchase Annual Passes. Do I have to purchase an AP before I can view any AP room discounts?

I don’t know about your reservation. I’m sure someone will answer that for you.

No, you don’t need to purchase the AP before viewing the AP rates. Anyone can view them I believe.

No, you don’t need to purchase the AP before viewing the AP rates. Anyone can view them I believe.
I couldn't figure out how to find AP rates. Maybe I'm just too far out. When there is one available does it show up as a choice, like the "Stay More, Save More" does?

Deposits have been a little weird lately, give it a little time possibly even several days.....

You can view AP rates without having a pass or having activated a pass yet, although depending on time frame you may or may not actually have an AP discount available for your travel period.

I couldn't figure out how to find AP rates. Maybe I'm just too far out. When there is one available does it show up as a choice, like the "Stay More, Save More" does?

That is a separate discount, depending how far out you are and length of stay SMSM can sometimes be close to what an AP rate maybe, typically no more than a couple months out on AP rates sometimes longer though.

Deposits have been a little weird lately, give it a little time possibly even several days.....

You can view AP rates without having a pass or having activated a pass yet, although depending on time frame you may or may not actually have an AP discount available for your travel period.
I received a confirmation email for the reservation. I just find it odd that the email shows the total cost for the stay (minus tax) but makes no mention of the deposit I made. It was just shy of $1000. so I want to make sure that it's properly credited.

I tried making another reservation for dates in early May, because someone posted that the current AP discount goes until May 22nd, but I still see no mention of an AP discount when the available room types and prices come up.

I'm finding their site a little bit hard to navigate. I think I am just too used to doing things Disney's way (not that Disney's way is perfect, by any means).

That is a separate discount, depending how far out you are and length of stay SMSM can sometimes be close to what an AP rate maybe, typically no more than a couple months out on AP rates sometimes longer though.
If the SMSM rate is a good deal then I am fine just keeping that, rather than worrying about hunting for a different but near equal discount. We started out looking into visiting Universal as a cost saving idea over a Disney Deluxe On-site stay. That idea quickly went out the window when we fell in love with the pictures and videos of club level suites at RPR.

If the SMSM rate is a good deal then I am fine just keeping that, rather than worrying about hunting for a different but near equal discount. We started out looking into visiting Universal as a cost saving idea over a Disney Deluxe On-site stay. That idea quickly went out the window when we fell in love with the pictures and videos of club level suites at RPR.

I’d definitely still look at rates as your dates come closer as they can vary especially if you’re looking at a suite, I’ve seen AP rates that were substantially cheaper.

RPR is a great choice!

Last edited:

I'd love to be able to spend 9 days at Universal!

We get a RPR Club King room with water view. I guess there aren't that many Kings so we book early to be sure to get one. By the time AP rates come out I have never seen a King available.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter