rude people behind you at a show, what would you have done?

So the other night we were at one of DL's night time shows. we had arrived early to get a good spot with are two kids, both under four and 3 grandparents in tow
About 45 minutes before show time a few of us go to the bathroom. I get an urgent text to return. When i arrive my mom explains the family behind us had told their kid to squeeze on front of her and she had said, excuse me that's spot is for my family
His mom jumps in and says that was rude
My .mom says she is sorry if that is how it sounded but those seats were saved
Well then mom and teenage daughter continues to make snide remarks loudly behind our backs
I turn around to tell them they need to stop. To make a long story short. (I know too late)
Words were exchanged, nothing foul but security ended up moving them
. So What would u have done?

im osrry that happend but i would of just moved away or let the situation go.. you will encounter rude people no matter what...

Allowing kids to come through and be in front is ok by me as long as it is not compromising my or anyone in my party's view.... But it is also not a right, often I will offer or if someone asks thats ok too, but to simply push them forward without asking is rude.... I am sad to say I have seen posts here where people have said that as they had waited for hours, that gave them the right to have that spot with noone in front of them (and from that I take regardless of whether it affects their view or not).... People this is Disneyland, it is all about the children and thats why Walt built the park in the first place....

But what if the adult did feel like someone in front of them--even a child--was distracting? And they had waited a very long time to have no one in front of them? Unless you've paid for a special viewing experience (and even then you might end up in the second row) the only way to secure an unobstructed view is to get there early and wait. I don't believe that late arrivals have the right to stand in front of anyone. To me having a child who is jumping up and down in front of me is distracting and if it's something I really want to see and focus on I will wait, but also don't want someone -- anyone--in front of me. parents have just as much opportunity to secure the same spot as I do early on. Having said that there are times when I don't much care (Celebrate parade anyone?) and will happily let a child go in front.

Well...why? Why is it ONLY for kids? Why do you sacrifice your enjoyment, when you clearly planned better, for the kids of lesser planners?

I personally think it should all be height-based. Of course, I'm 5'3" so obviously I'm biased LOL...

I'm with you on that one Molly!

Walt built the park for children and adults alike, as a family place that parents can enjoy as well as their children... Families means children and I really don't understand that if you can spare a little space for anothers child to have a view of the show they otherwise would not have and that it doesn't compromise your own view and enjoyment why wouldn't anyone allow this... I don't think anyone here is inferring that any child should have priority over any adult for viewing spots just because they are children...

That may not be what you meant, but it is how I and others interpreted it. I believe you said above "People this is Disneyland, it is all about the children and thats why Walt built the park in the first place"-- I would be interested to know the ratio of "childless" adults to families who go to the parks. I don't believe Walt meant to exclude these people, do you? There are many definitions of "family"--it doesn't just mean people with children. Or little children. And because parents don't plan ahead is no reason why someone else should feel like they need to give up a prime viewing spot to a child.

(Can you tell that I've had this experience? And been told when I am sitting on a scooter and children crowd in front of me at my eye level after I have waited a long time for a parade (not Celebrate!) and when I ask them--politely--to move because I can't see the parents say 'oh but they're kids--they should be able to see the parade')

But what if the adult did feel like someone in front of them--even a child--was distracting? And they had waited a very long time to have no one in front of them? I don't believe that late arrivals have the right to stand in front of anyone. To me having a child who is jumping up and down in front of me is distracting and if it's something I really want to see and focus on I will wait, but also don't want someone -- anyone--in front of me. parents have just as much opportunity to secure the same spot as I do early on.

And because parents don't plan ahead is no reason why someone else should feel like they need to give up a prime viewing spot to a child.

If an Adult doesn't want to have a child in front of them then they shouldn't feel compelled to allow one.... Though just as it is not a right for the child to be given a place in front of you it is ok for a parent to ask and they are entitled to the refusal being polite...

Not all parents have the opportunity to secure the same spot, some have come from halfway across the world and often have time limitations within the park with no prospect of a return. For some this is a trip of a lifetime and they don't want to spend precious DL time waiting for show..

As I have stated before no-one should expect another to give up their spot for someone else's child...However sharing a spot if that doesn't compromise your own viewing can be part of the Disney magic... Maybe my comment that "it is all about the children" was a little out of place, it is how I feel but I understand it may not be for others so it should have been expressed as a personal opinion...

Well...why? Why is it ONLY for kids? Why do you sacrifice your enjoyment, when you clearly planned better, for the kids of lesser planners?

Not that it's not nice that you do that, but why is it a MUST?

I personally think it should all be height-based. Of course, I'm 5'3" so obviously I'm biased LOL...

yeah i have to agree on you for this... why is always based on age and if your a kid? what about us shorties? :sad2:

I had a similar problem with a group of teens during my familys christmas visit. We had lined up early to get a good view of the castlefor the christmas fireworks, but it was rather windy and the fireworks were delayed the two girls behind us were really fould about it swearing like sailors. Several times my brother asked them to stop explaining there were children listening and so they started calling him names. Finally the fireworks were canceled entirely, but the annoucer voice said that they were still going to do snow and the light show on the castle. Due to people jostleing to leave and foreward to view the lights, my baby siter (then 11) could not see so my brother sidled to the side near a lamp post and picked her up on his shoulders. At this point the there was plenty of room behind us as most of the crowd had disperesed the girls could have moved slightly to the left and seen just fine, but instead they started calling my brother AND my little sister names. At this point I couldnt take it any more my sister had said nothing to them she was just a little girl enjoying her day at disney and who had a loveing older brother trying to help her see the show she didnt deserve to be called a B***H So I turned around and said " Disneyland was built for innocent little girls like her and there families and not for foul mouthed bruts like you too. Shes more important then you get over it and move" SO in you situation I probably would have done the same thing. Im useually pretty good at ignoreing rude people but those girls just went to far and I think in your situation so did that faimly. I hope you were able to enjoy the show dispite the party poopers :sad2:

Why is that?

Do adults not deserve a magical experience? Do adults not have dreams? Do adults not get to buy into the fantasy of it all?

Help me to understand: Why do kids come first?

- Dreams

Absolutely adults deserve to buy into the magic and fantasy of it all and have dreams as well. And as well, they should get to enjoy activities just as much as anyone else.

Personally, I just consider children before myself for the simple fact that I am an adult and they are a child and all of the things that go along with that. For what it's worth, I also let elderly people go in front of me in line at the trams, and if I am solo or with a group of adults will absolutely give up my spot so that a family can stay together. Not everyone feels the same way about things and situations, and that is ok. That is what makes us human.

just klike bumpershoot said, heigh based would be good! no more having kids sit on shoulders to see the parade and block my or bumper's view, because frankly, us shorties do not like to watch the back of your kids butt while the parade is going on!

Theres no reason that adults and children cant share the magic togther, I am generally pretty open to letting the little ones sit in front of me, Ive given up my spot many times so that children can go first. I will even ride with a child whose parent can not (Ive done this on space mountian, Star Tours, Indy, and Recently TTM) Its a great way to meet people and share the magic, but Im not gonna be forced to share and not be able to see, Im not going to take being rude to.

Theres no excuse for the rudeness IMHO and thats what I have a problem with.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter