Running for my Disney - Now a PTR!

I got my confirmation letter yesterday. I knew the test was going to be invasive and painful, but the letter I got looks like instructions for surgery :eek:

As well as the list of what to bring, how to prepare etc, there is also a long list for after the surgery. Among other things, I have to elevate and ice my legs afterwards (um, could be tricky when I have to catch the train back to work!), take panadeine as directed for the pain, and not do any exercise for 24 hours (gentle stroll is ok).

Now I'm REALLY nervous!

:hug:

Thanks :goodvibes I got my confirmation letter yesterday. I knew the test was going to be invasive and painful, but the letter I got looks like instructions for surgery :eek: As well as the list of what to bring, how to prepare etc, there is also a long list for after the test. Among other things, I have to elevate and ice my legs afterwards (um, could be tricky when I have to catch the train back to work!), take panadeine as directed for the pain, and not do any exercise for 24 hours (gentle stroll is ok). Now I'm REALLY nervous!

It sound like you will need to go home rather than back to work.

Take care. It'll all be okay :)

It sound like you will need to go home rather than back to work.

Take care. It'll all be okay :)

At this stage I'm planning to go straight to work afterwards, but I'll see how I go. I've let my boss know that I may need to have an extra couple of hours. The main problem is the train ride home. It will be at least 1 1/2 hours until I get a chance to elevate and ice my legs.

But you're right, I'm sure it will be fine. I'll be uncomfortable for a while, but it will be good practice for if I need the surgery :rotfl:

Take care. Hope it goes well. Do you know the purpose of elevation and ice (for pain or more for circulation issues etc? as I guess that indicates the importance of it). I think you are very brave!

Aussie Wendy said:
Take care. Hope it goes well. Do you know the purpose of elevation and ice (for pain or more for circulation issues etc? as I guess that indicates the importance of it). I think you are very brave!

I'm not sure what the purpose is, I should definitely find out! Sounds like there will be a bit of pain management, but I'm also not allowed to take nurofen or anti inflammatories for 24 hours afterwards so not sure what that's about either.

If it helps me to fix my legs though and be able to run it will all be worth it.

Tomorrow's the big day (well, one of the big days... :rotfl:)...

Registration!

Better not forget to set my alarm :surfweb:

An hour and a half after I got out of bed bleary eyed at 3:30am, I was finally finishing off our registrations!

After a good half an hour of this...

I finally got through to registration! I had four 10k registrations to do, finally finished the last one at 9:55am US time. Then did all the 5k registrations.

Checked in with the thread over in the running section of the forums, and there was a message there "10k sold out at 9:56am" :scared1:

Went back to the RunDisney website, and sure enough...

Just got in by the skin of our teeth! Hanging out for an email confirmation, but I'm guessing with the volume of registrations to go through, it may be a while.

DH has decided not to do the 5k, and is considering starting his trip a few days later so he can get nearly a full week's work in.

I need to take a few deep breaths!

I paid for the registrations over 2 credit cards - one for the 5k and one for the 10k. I checked both for charges, and only the one I used for the 5k had a payment pending, so I was starting to panic :scared1:

I have all 7 registration confirmations open on the screen, with receipts available for each one, so I have no reason to think there would be a problem. And I've just started receiving the emailed receipts - the first being for one of the 10k registrations.

I'm just so dang nervous that we're going to somehow miss out!

Wow, intense!

It sounds like it should be all okay. It'll probably just take a few days for everything to show up on your credit card.

Well done for getting all your bookings done just in time. :thumbsup2

Wow, intense!

It sounds like it should be all okay. It'll probably just take a few days for everything to show up on your credit card.

Well done for getting all your bookings done just in time. :thumbsup2

I think it will be fine. I've got receipts emailed from each entry I did now, and both our registrations for the 10k. Mum said she's got all 4 of their registrations emailed to her, so it will just be a matter of waiting it out.

One of our banks is probably quicker than the other at showing credit card transactions - it was only about half an hour after the purchase after all.

Congratulations on registration!!:idea:
It seems like the same stress in getting a prime ADR at WDW!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter