Safe Passage Question

Yensid29

Earning My Ears
We sail 10/29 on the Fantasy and just want to verify that we no longer have to do anything with safe passage anymore, Correct?

Thanks!!!

If you want to avoid testing, you still need to upload proof of vaccination.

Ok.. I just got the email from safe passage that my Safe Passage Profile had been updated and it now finds my reservation.

Thanks!!

Ok.. I just got the email from safe passage that my Safe Passage Profile had been updated and it now finds my reservation.

Thanks!!
I’m on the same sailing and that glitch seems to be confusing everyone. You still need to log in and add your reservation number for each adult. I believe the clear to sail we got was referenced to a previous cruise. Once you log in you’ll see that the new cruise is not there. You add it under the drop down that says add and it will require you to accept several pages of terms. Each adult does this. Hope this helps.

If you want to avoid testing, you still need to upload proof of vaccination.
Are they still doing PCR testing at the port for unvaccinated people? All the pharmacies near me, CVS or Walgreens, have 3 day turnaround. That is cutting it close. If I don’t receive results in time to upload, I could test “again “ at the port.???
Any other suggestions?
I realize things could change.
TIA

Are they still doing PCR testing at the port for unvaccinated people?
I don't think they've offered PCR tests at embarkation for a while; it's been an antigen test. This is the new rule for unvaccinated passengers (all ships except the Magic):
  • Testing for unvaccinated Guests require
    • Unvaccinated Guests must provide results of a COVID-19 test taken 1 to 2 days before sail date. The test may be an observed antigen test through a proctored telehealth service with digital results. A rapid or lab-based PCR test, or Nucleic Acid Amplification Test (NAAT) are also acceptable.

I don't think they've offered PCR tests at embarkation for a while; it's been an antigen test. This is the new rule for unvaccinated passengers (all ships except the Magic):
    • Unvaccinated Guests must provide results of a COVID-19 test taken 1 to 2 days before sail date. The test may be an observed antigen test through a proctored telehealth service with digital results. A rapid or lab-based PCR test, or Nucleic Acid Amplification Test (NAAT) are also acceptable.
Oh OK. Thanks. The observed antigens do have faster turnaround. It is actually on the Magic, but out of Miami. Does that make a difference?
Thanks!

I believe the rules on the Magic don’t change until Nov 7, so check the website for the pre-sail requirements.
Right, it will change for the Magic after the sailings out of NYC. The Magic doesn’t sail out of Miami until late spring 2023.

Is the proof of vaccination that is uploaded in the form of a document (PDF) or photo?

We are on the OCT 29 sailing as well. It's our first time doing Safe Passage - how long does approval usually take?

We are on the OCT 29 sailing as well. It's our first time doing Safe Passage - how long does approval usually take?

my first time was august 2021, but think it was less than 3 days. I remember one of us got it before the other. They will send an email.

Is the proof of vaccination that is uploaded in the form of a document (PDF) or photo?

Photo is what they asked me. Also note, they want a picture of your records or card. It needs to show the vax lot #'s. I submitted pictures of our digital cards and those were rejected because no lot #s where listed.

It took about 3 days for ours to get done last week. We had 1 acceptance and 2 denials (see above comment).

Are they still doing PCR testing at the port for unvaccinated people? All the pharmacies near me, CVS or Walgreens, have 3 day turnaround. That is cutting it close. If I don’t receive results in time to upload, I could test “again “ at the port.???
Any other suggestions?
I realize things could change.
TIA
Just had this conversation with a Disney cast member on the phone regarding unvaxed kids. After taking our kiddos rapid PCR tests at RiteAid ( the only option in our town) we were told results might not be back for 2-5 days! we don’t get in to Orlando til tomorrow evening after airport and medfast testing centers are closed. Cast member checked with supervisor and they absolutely will not accept an antigen test nor will they accept a PCR test taken the morning of the cruise. We will be denied boarding! Our only option is to try and get to our departing airport early and get the rapid PCR there and hopefully get results uploaded to safe passage before midnight. To the tune of $275.00 each. So much needless anxiety to sail with DCL. I guess making it difficult for the unvaxed is one way to keep us from sailing. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Just had this conversation with a Disney cast member on the phone regarding unvaxed kids.

Are you sailing from Port Canaveral on the Fantasy or Wish? According to the DCL website the unvaxxed kids ages 5+ only need a proctored antigen test now.

Unvaxxed kids under age 5 are not required to test.

Photo is what they asked me. Also note, they want a picture of your records or card. It needs to show the vax lot #'s. I submitted pictures of our digital cards and those were rejected because no lot #s where listed.

It took about 3 days for ours to get done last week. We had 1 acceptance and 2 denials (see above comment).
What did you do to get/provide the lot numbers? I have 4 of us, mine was approved, the other 3 did not have lot numbers (we all went different places). I have lot numbers for 1.5 of the rejected cards, can I have write those in? I think I need to go to my local health dept for 1 of the numbers (where the shot was given), and to the pharmacy for the other 2. 2 weeks is not enough time to try to work out any kinks in vaccination verification!

I have another question about the Safe Passage website. This will be our first cruise since pre 2019. We sail on the Fantasy on November 6/22. I went on the website to set it up and it says we have to consent to testing for Covid 19. We have had 5 jabs with the latest just last week. I thought we only had to upload our proof of vaccinations, not be tested. Any thoughts?

I have another question about the Safe Passage website. This will be our first cruise since pre 2019. We sail on the Fantasy on November 6/22. I went on the website to set it up and it says we have to consent to testing for Covid 19. We have had 5 jabs with the latest just last week. I thought we only had to upload our proof of vaccinations, not be tested. Any thoughts?
If you’re fully vaccinated, you don’t need to test to board. However, if you show symptoms etc, you may be asked to test on board.

I noticed on the website, once the vaccination proof is approved, it shows clear to sail, but my other 3 are still saying they need to test, b/c the vaccination proof is not yet approved. Hope this helps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter