Samantha Brown!!!

:eek: I never even considered doing LaNouba, but it looked incredible. And as for the little girls who were a minimum of age 16 - yea, right Disney! :rolleyes1 I've already gone into the LaNouba website. Could get tickets for my DS8 and I for about $155. Any opinions? :confused3

Go for it! We saw it a few years back and it was awesome!:thumbsup2

While you're there, try the Grey Goose Lemon Citrine Lemonade Slush. It's Delish!

I am soooooo bummed. Maybe I'll take a "sip" of my husbands. :rolleyes1

I loved the show and loved the La Nouba part. I really want to go to Disneyland now. That looks like so much fun. I went when I was 11, but don't remember it really. I can't wait for next week's show either. And, I may be struck dead by Kevin for saying this, but Samantha Brown annoys me sometimes. When she was riding Soarin' and kept talking to those kids, it was so cheesy. I just wanted to tell her to be quiet so I could enjoy the ride. Sometimes I love her excitement and sometimes not.

<<<<GASP>>>>...just kidding.

Ok....my honest opinion.....I wasnt crazy about this show and I usually love her.

I was addicted to Passport to Europe and Great Hotels. I even watched Passport to South America (places I have no desire or intention of ever visiting) just because I like her.

This show was different. SB is usually very honest in her assessment of things and tells you if something is "so so". While she is never blatantly negative and will usually soften any criticism, she usually lets you know that something "might not be worth the time".

While I realize that this show was about "her favorites" and that anything negative would be going against the theme of the show, I found it to be less than her usually candid show and I missed that.

This particular show reminded me of something that would be shown in a continuous loop on television in a Disney Resort.

That being said, I find her entirely likeable and "real"

<<<<GASP>>>>...just kidding.

Ok....my honest opinion.....I wasnt crazy about this show and I usually love her.

I was addicted to Passport to Europe and Great Hotels. I even watched Passport to South America (places I have no desire or intention of ever visiting) just because I like her.

This show was different. SB is usually very honest in her assessment of things and tells you if something is "so so". While she is never blatantly negative and will usually soften any criticism, she usually lets you know that something "might not be worth the time".

While I realize that this show was about "her favorites" and that anything negative would be going against the theme of the show, I found it to be less than her usually candid show and I missed that.

This particular show reminded me of something that would be shown in a continuous loop television in a Disney Resort.

That being said, I find her entirely likeable and "real"

I thought the same thing, Kevin. And I usually really like her too, although she is not my "best friend" :love: Anyway, you're right it seemed like a Disney advertisement. Though, I do enjoy watching anything new about Disney! We'll definitely tune in next week.

$155 for a ticket for your DS8 is *worth* EVERY penny!!!

Go!!! You won't regret it!!!

Like Pete/Regina, I completely, utterly *detest* Clowns. Hate, hate, hate them. I had to be dragged to the show. However, I absolutely adored it...simply incredible.

There were kids in the audience as young as I would say 4. I think 4 might be a bit young, but I would certainly take an 8 year old. In fact, I think anyone school aged would be fine. It would be a highlight of your trip I am sure.

:eek: I never even considered doing LaNouba, but it looked incredible. And as for the little girls who were a minimum of age 16 - yea, right Disney! :rolleyes1 I've already gone into the LaNouba website. Could get tickets for my DS8 and I for about $155. Any opinions? :confused3

I second this...PLEASE!!!!

We can't get the Travel Channel in Canada. I called my cable company begging for them to offer it just for these specials, but no luck.:mad:

I hope it will be on you tube shortly - that's how I caught the Sam Brown Christmas specials.

Did anyone tape the show last night? If you did can you post it online. We don't get the travel channel and would love to see the new disney show.

KEVIN

I never thought about it till you said it but it does remind me of the top ten you see on the disney TV :rotfl: :rotfl:

but this made me really want to go to Nappa Rose!!!

I recorded this show "old school" on a VHS tape just so I can watch it over and over again. My family isn't going to WDW for at least 2 years and the wait is killing me! I plan on recording all of these Disney shows so that I can get a quick WDW fix while we save for our trip. We want to make sure that this trip is above and beyond (It's DH, DD and DS's first trip!) so we're willing to wait and save...but it's hard! :)

Hi, Has anyone seen them RECENTLY??(the livng statues) My DH LOVES watching them and I would like to surprise him by locating them on our trip next month!! Thanks, Joan
The Living Statues were in Italy so I checked on Steve Soares site and he doesn't have any times for them listed. The only entertainment he shows in Italy is the World Showcase Players and Sergio. :sad1: Makes me sad too.

We LOVE LaNouba! It's expensive but worth it!:goodvibes

And, I may be struck dead by Kevin for saying this, but Samantha Brown annoys me sometimes. When she was riding Soarin' and kept talking to those kids, it was so cheesy. I just wanted to tell her to be quiet so I could enjoy the ride.

LOL...we were right there with you! My older son commented that he hoped the other two rows were empty during the taping so she wasn't annoying everyone.

One time while riding Soarin' at DCA we got on with a group of Japanese tourists. They talked loudly through the whole thing...and tried to take flash pictures. If they'd been speaking English we would have told them to stow the camera, since it is a MOVIE and flash photography will be nearly useless...it will wash out the picture. But, they weren't, so we suffered in silence.

I guess that's why her talking to the kids around her was annoying to us...that and that it's our favorite ride so we already knew everything (and more) about it so she wasn't telling us anything new.

BTW...my boys are now determined to meet DeVine. Sigh. I am not much for clowns and street performers. They don't scare me...they creep me out. Oh, the sacrafices mothers make, lol!

I am tired today because of Kevin's BFF. :mad: I had to watch the special from 1:00-2:00am because I missed the earlier one.

I LOVED it!!!:love: It wasn't her usual show, but it has me wanting tickets for La Nouba now. Did anyone notice the young girls who were so not 17-21. :laughing:

Also something tells me Samantha may be a TGM subscriber.

The Living Statues were in Italy so I checked on Steve Soares site and he doesn't have any times for them listed. The only entertainment he shows in Italy is the World Showcase Players and Sergio. :sad1: Makes me sad too.

On a side note though, Sergio is great! I love him! :goodvibes

This past October, we switched cable companies. I couldn't get any hockey coverage on the system we were on, as they arbitrarily decided to not carry the very expensive digital cable hockey package that I had already paid them for. It made me so sad that the whole family agreed to switch to a new cable company, which meant a great deal of hassle, including new email addresses, a bigger price tag, and the loss of a few channels that we enjoyed.

It wasn't until I saw this thread that I realized we lost the Travel Channel, too. I don't suppose anyone knows of anyway to watch these shows online?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter