**Sara-Jayne and Gavin PJ**08~05~08**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beautiful dress and the jewelry is very nice as well. I like all three pairs of shoes. Can I ask where can you get the first pair? I am having trouble finding shoes and those are great!

Thank you! I found them online, at Girls of Elegance or something like that ~ they were called Scarlett I think.

I just found your pj, your plans are all coming along. I love your dress, and the tee shirts are great.
PS it was so nice to see a picture of the croc hunter, we just visited the zoo and it was an amazing place.

Aw, thanks ~ I am so jealous of you going to the zoo! We will get there in a couple of years I hope!

Hi

I can not believe i have only just found your PJ!!

We have so much in common. I am also from the UK and marrying a Gavin on 1/10/08.

Your dress is so lovely. I was going to have a hollywood dreams dress as they are amazing!!
Love the wedding ring as well.

My Gav wants to wear a white suit but we have hired ours here in the uk as we need them for a party when we get back. Gav has put aside an Ivory Morning suit but my dress is white so we feel his suit may look yellow next to my dress, he is really disspointed by this :mad:
I am not sure what we will do but i am learing with this wedding planning there is always a solution to every probelm.

Can not wait to hear more about your plans!!!

Oh, how funny! I just told Gav about you ~ what's even funnier was that I was told about you at my Planning Sessino trip ~ your info had just been delivered to Diane and she asked if I knew you!

I'm so excited for you ~ where did you get your suit from in the end? It's so freaky that you have the same whiteness issues as I have ~ I was so worried about that. Having him in white was the only way I could think of. Plus, he loves it!

You'll be at the Grand on the Day of my wedding!! We check in on the 5th.. the day of your wedding, I'll watch for you..Look out for us too , the ceremony is at 5, and I will be in the lobby for pics.. plus we will be at whitehall... see you there!

Yay! You look for me, I'll look for you! How great ~ it's so much fun knowing that there are people who "know" you around :)

I am a stationery addict and so choosing my invites has been very hard for me. We’ve had three mock-ups and finally they went into print today!

Here’s the top detail:

IMGP3311-2.jpg

This is a terrible photograph ~ they are so much more beautiful! They are scrolls that sit on the card. When the real ones come back I'll post better pictures :)
IMGP3341.jpg

We still have to decide on menus, orders of service and the like....

Okay, back to the ceremony!

At the ceremony, we have the white wooden chairs as I’m crazy about them. They shout “outdoor wedding” to me and so that’s what we’re having. My brother in law sat on plastic chairs at a wedding last year and as he's a large man, he collapsed it. I don't want that to happen to us!

ordersofserviceonbackofchairs.jpg

I think I will have the orders of service placed on the back of chairs, like this photo.

I have two flowergirls, Chase (11) and Dylan (4). They're my nieces and they cannot wait to become Princesses. When we went to try on dresses, Chase was so sure she wanted to have a grown up deisgn. However, when she saw Dylan in a sparkly white dress she swiftly changed her mind ~ after all, she reasoned, she could be a Princess in Walt Disney World and not be thought of as "childish".

The flowergirl and bridesmaids dresses are being made by a company called Fairytales, to my design. However, at the moment the owner is very hard to get hold of and she’s also quite abrupt with family members who have tried to call on my behalf, which is making me more than slightly annoyed, as we have given her over $3000 worth of custom.

Anyway, I’ll see how things go with her. We have a measurements meeting on June 7th.

The flowergirls are wearing these crowns:

crown1.jpg

and the little Mickey head earrings (I also have some of these just in case I don't like my own earrings):

mickeyearrings1.jpg

With these satin ballet pumps which I’ll customise with Swarovski crystals:

balletshoes.jpg

Continued....

I have three bridesmaids: Beka (my sister), Trina (Gav’s sister) and Andrea (my best friend over thousands of miles since we were 6). Dress fittings are hard firstly because of the bridesmaids dress company and secondly because Andrea lives in Florida whilst we are in the UK.

Anyway, the bridesmaids tiaras/headbands have been tricky to decide upon because I don’t have the dresses yet and so much has been done just through my own vision. I liked these:

bigandlittletiara.jpg

Except the one I bought to look at had blue crystals in the middle row instead of clear.

I also bought one of these to look at:

tiaracomb.jpg

So, as I said earlier we have the white chairs, and the Orders of Service on them. We did look at having Impressions make them but they were £10 each (we only need 30) and so we decided against that.

We’re having three readers (Andrea, Chase and Ginny (Gavin’s brother’s girlfriend)), a hand ceremony and a sand ceremony.

Here are our readings:

:cloud9: The Velveteen Rabbit (this one means a lot to me)
:cloud9: An extract from Captain Corelli’s Mandolin (I love this book)
:cloud9: The One (a really cute poem)

The last one is in debate because there are a couple of others we are considering.

I have yet to buy my sand cylinders or bottle as I visited a glass blower this weekend and we are commissioning a bottle.

Our sand colours are zesty orange and bright light blue. We liked those as they were tropical and a brighter version of our invites, but this may change depending on the bottle design.

On the end of each chair will be a petal cone, with hot pink ribbon attaching them to the chairs. We are waiting to hear from our stationers how much these would be and then we’ll compare to Disney’s price but I have yet to see any photos of the Disney ones; if only there were more photos of things that Disney has to offer :( .

Each cone will be alternating colours ~ pink, then orange then yellow (we think). The cones on adjacent chairs will match, like this:

Pink cone aisle pink cone
Orange cone aisle orange come
Yellow cone aisle yellow cone

That way people will be throwing different coloured petals.

The Ceremony Continued…

We’re undecided on whether we are getting married IN the Gazebo, or just outside it. According to Diane I am very softly spoken (Gav was cake tasting when she said this and he nearly choked) and so I will need to be connected to a microphone to make sure I am heard. I felt so demure, ha ha. If only she could hear me at work!

yc6.png

We are having a table to the left of the gazebo for our sand ceremony which originally had a long and low arrangement on it but we just cut that as it was $250 that we couldn't justify.

We also cut out shepherds hooks with glass buckets on them containing flowers and petals already scattered down the aisles. We figured that we’d only see these decorations for about 20 minutes and that was a lot to spend on 20 minutes. It was sad, but I knew there would be things we would need to cut.

Now, I decided I wanted a pretty Princess ring to get married with. I just couldn't find a band I liked and I've always wanted a pretty jewelled ring and so we chose this one. It has diamonds all the way around and topaz in the middle:

ernestjones265.jpg

It’s so sparkly. However, as it isn’t a band, I need something to accompany it that will say that I’m married when people look at my hand.

As I am a huge fan of Breakfast at Tiffany’s, I have always wanted something silver from there. Gavin has said we can go and get a silver band to wear! Here’s the one I like, it's so obvious but I still like it:

tiffanynarrow.png

The narrow one.

tiffanynormal.png

The regular one. I’m not sure which one to get yet.

Gavin’s band is a titanium one which he’s having engraved on the outside. He’s wearing a practise one at the moment to get used to wearing a ring (on the other hand, mind you!)

gavring.png

That's funny he is wearing a practice ring to get used to it! I always play with my ring and drop it because I'm not used to wearing one. My DF always gets upset. I tell him just wait until he has to wear one!!

Your invites are great! And I really like the topaz ring.

That's funny he is wearing a practice ring to get used to it! I always play with my ring and drop it because I'm not used to wearing one. My DF always gets upset. I tell him just wait until he has to wear one!!

Can you BELIEVE HE LOST IT TODAY??? He has NO idea where, either! NO PLATINUM for him, that's for sure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:lmao:

As I am a huge fan of Breakfast at Tiffany’s, I have always wanted something silver from there. Gavin has said we can go and get a silver band to wear! Here’s the one I like, it's so obvious but I still like it:

tiffanynarrow.png

The narrow one.

I have the narrow band, and love it! I never thought about wearing it as a wedding band... hmmm, that's a great idea!!

OMG, I can't believe Gav lost his ring. Good thing it wasn't the real one.

Oh yes, and he said it so matter of factly, like I should be expecting it, ha ha ~ "Oh, I lost my ring today" ~ as though it was a matter of time... LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter