**Sara-Jayne and Gavin PJ**08~05~08**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahhh, this has taken the longest to decide. Gavin knows far more about music than I do. We have nearly settled on choices but this is subject to change below…

:lovestruc During the seating, we are having ~ Instrumental Manic Street Preachers Songs
(A Welsh Band ~ Gavin and I go to see them every year, we LOVE their music and luckily they have produced some orchestral versions of their songs.)

:lovestruc The Mothers, Father, Groomsmen ~ Southampton (Titanic) / Tara’s theme, Gone with the Wind
(I love both of these films. If we have a little boy I'll call him Rhett and if it's a girl she'll be Scarlett. We also live in Southampton where the Titanic sailed from.)

:lovestruc Gavin, Best Man and Rev. Miller ~ Indiana Jones Theme Tune
Gav adores Indiana Jones and these were "the" father and daughter films for me and dad when I was little. Mum hated them but me and dad were hooked. Gavin has an Indiana Jones hat on our brass bed head. There's an embarrassing sleepwalking story I have of him and that hat if anyone is interested, ha ha ha)

:lovestruc Bridesmaids ~ Kissing You/Whole New World (Kissing You is from Romeo and Juliet and I was bought up in Stratford Upon Avon so I have a think for Shakespearean based films, and I just love the Whole New World song.)

:lovestruc Me, Dad and Flowergirls ~ Remember When (This song makes me cry every time I hear it. It reminds me that I can have a happy ending and that I need to make some new memories that are as good as my old memories with my sister.)

:lovestruc Recessional ~ Ever, Ever After (This was the only time I could ever get away with playing this song in public and not have Gavin run for the hills)

:lovestruc Sand Ceremony ~ You’re So Cool (From Gavin's favourite film, True Romance)

I think that's it at the moment! I think I'd like the Chiming of the Hour for Major Domo but I have yet to hear it. Is there anywhere I can hear it online?

yc5.png

I almost forgot to mention Major Domo. Gavin's brother is our best man and he is forever losing things. We have decided to play a trick on our parents and Garth (the Best Man) will pretend he has lost the rings. This should prompt some good action on the part of the mothers. I have no doubt that Gavin's mother may try and assassinate Garth. I look forward to seeing her strangle her son like Homer Simpson.

So, Major Domo will bring the rings to the ceremony. I am looking forward to this part ~ he will apparently also introduce us at the reception ~ like a real Princess (and Prince, of course)! :rotfl2:

MagicKingdomandParade056.jpg

We did have some excellent transport sorted out but it cost $1850 on top of Cinderella's Coach and so we had to cut that sadly.

The wedding guests are travelling around by coach for the day, and Gavin and I have Cinderella's Coach. We are still deciding on the rest of the morning's transport and we'll be using the motorcoach to hitch a lift to and from the Dessert Party at Epcot.

I still cannot believe how much the transport costs for the wedding. I could hire a Lambourghini for the day instead!

I'm so lost when it comes to music for the ceremony. I've got what I'm walking down the aisle to only because my mom loves the song. I'm super jealous you've got it all figured out. Luckily I have a long time to put if off!

Oh, how funny! I just told Gav about you ~ what's even funnier was that I was told about you at my Planning Sessino trip ~ your info had just been delivered to Diane and she asked if I knew you!

I'm so excited for you ~ where did you get your suit from in the end? It's so freaky that you have the same whiteness issues as I have ~ I was so worried about that. Having him in white was the only way I could think of. Plus, he loves it!

Hi

Diane is so lovely. I find her so helpful!!!
At the momet Gav has an ivory suit and i do not think it is going to go. I think we will pop into the shop on sat (formal affair in Leicester) and put it up against a white dress. If it looks really yellow (which everyone says it will) i think we may have to have one made for him :headache:
That will cost a fortune i am sure but one of the first things he said was that he wanted a white suit!!!

Am i right in thinking you are getting marrried on 5/11/08. If so taht is my parents wedding anniversary. They have been very happily married for over 30 years no so a good choice!!

Your PJ is so good. Makes me realise i need to make more effort with mine.....in fact i may start again :rotfl2:

I'm so lost when it comes to music for the ceremony. I've got what I'm walking down the aisle to only because my mom loves the song. I'm super jealous you've got it all figured out. Luckily I have a long time to put if off!

It took me ages to figure out a unique playlist that I knew wouldn't be replicated over and over. I'm pretty pleased at the moment! :)

Hi
At the momet Gav has an ivory suit and i do not think it is going to go. I think we will pop into the shop on sat (formal affair in Leicester) and put it up against a white dress. If it looks really yellow (which everyone says it will) i think we may have to have one made for him :headache:
That will cost a fortune i am sure but one of the first things he said was that he wanted a white suit!!!

:rotfl2:

We were quoted on Saville Row for a suit, starting at £795, so that's bad, but not as bad as it could be! :faint: What is it about Gavs and white suits?

We're getting married on August 5th :)

We were quoted on Saville Row for a suit, starting at £795, so that's bad, but not as bad as it could be! :faint: What is it about Gavs and white suits?

We're getting married on August 5th :)

Sorry, why on earth did i think November!!! :rolleyes1

Wow so not long till the big day then, you must be so excited:hyper:

I look forward to reading your PJ more!!!

In two months today we'll be sitting down to our rehearsal breakfast ~ I have butterflies in my tummy already!

I'll update soon :)

I think that's everything for the ceremony. Originally we planned to have cocktails on the lawn there which sounded great but then I reconsidered the practicalities of it ~ drinks, white dress, over excited children, er....... So we said no cocktails and we're having a water station instead.

yc55.jpg

Good bye, Yacht Club! The exit will be a petal toss, in the colours I mentionned. Gavin and I will leave in the Carriage and the others will get onto the motorcoach and head to the Grand Floridian Convention Centre.

I'll come onto the flowers next.....!

I thought before I went any further, I should share a little of the £££ side (or rather, $$$) of things... This is our second budget after we altered the first one.

DisneyBEOheading.png

CeremonyBudgetMay.png

Now.... the things we cut:

:( We cut the Dodge Coronet out as it was $1850 and although we had the Disney Entertainment Partners search everywhere for one, Gavin and I decided that as we were having the Carriage aswell, and because the Dodge had no AC, we'd cut it and hire one at home here in the UK for our at home reception.

On the other hand, if anyone knows of a cheaper Chevy Bel-Air style car (think cars with fins) or an old fashioned cadillac that is for hire, please, PLEASE let me know!

:( We cut the Motorcoach for the early morning pick up and people are now staying at the Yacht Club so that we don't have to have the bus collect them at 4am.

:( We're cutting the Raspberry Cocktails on the YCG lawn. We're carrying them over to the Grand Floridian Whitehall instead because I had visions of having a pink wedding dress... My nephew is dsypraxic and cannot always control his movements and the last thing I want is him feeling terrible as he covered his aunty in pink drink!

We're having raspberry champagne cocktails as I've been obsessed with raspberries since I was a little girl and my Granny used to grow them on canes in her garden. I LOVE them. So, they're in drinks, ice cream, and my cake (and my screen name)! I realised that "Raspberry Bubbles" sounds rather disgusting after I had created it as a name, but I'm picturing pink raspberry bubbles, not the rude kind!

:wizard: :wizard: :wizard:

Everything else stays the same ~ although the floral may increase after we've tweaked the boutonnieres and my bouquet... I'll repost when it arrives!

Darn, now the major domo won't be a surprise to me lol.... oh wait - not much will :rotfl2: Just kidding.

Everything looks great! Glad you are able to get your budget to wear it needs to be. Only 2 more months!

I am just afraid after seeing the coach in person then I will need it and then it will blow my budget!

Darn, now the major domo won't be a surprise to me lol.... oh wait - not much will :rotfl2: Just kidding.

Everything looks great! Glad you are able to get your budget to wear it needs to be. Only 2 more months!

I am just afraid after seeing the coach in person then I will need it and then it will blow my budget!

You had better start practising that :hyper: surprised face, Missy! I don't want to see any of this...:rolleyes1

Your invite was being printed today! :dance3: :dance3: :dance3:

disneycastle.jpg

After the rehearsal, I am taking Gavin as a surprise to Cinderella’s Royal Table so that we can have a blessing from the Fairy Godmother. He has no idea and I am so pleased that I have managed to keep this a secret! Thanks, Skylarr for booking this for me so that Gavin wouldn’t find out!

OMG!!!!! August 4th is our anniversary! and on our actual wedding night, I surprised him by having dinner at the castle. What a coincedence!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter