SB: Classes

grover

DIS Veteran
Hello all, I am curious what type of scrapbooking classes others have taken, I am considering taking a class in lettering and photo mats and frames, accents, watercolors and chalks. Each class is for one evening. I have never taken a scrappin class before and am just looking for some feedback, did you find it worthwhile or did it really just depend on the class? Each of the classes will cost 10.00-16.00. What classes have you really enjoyed and felt that you got alot out of? I am also considering the fact that perhaps I will get to meet others who enjoy the hobby as I don't know anyone else here who scraps!

Grover in Winnipeg
:D :smooth: :D

Hi Grover,
My suggestion would be to go to a Creative Memory class before you go to any specialty classes. Matter of fact, you might not even need to go to specialty classes if you get involved with a Creative Memory consultant and attend her workshops. She will have lots of ideas and help for you and once you get started, you might be surprised at how quickly you will come up with ideas of your own. I don't go to cropping workshops because I like to work at home on my own but I do attend all the new ideas classes. I loved the Corners class (we actually made themed corners during the class - all materials provided) and the Center Stage class where we decorated pages with themed designs and it was great.

I have only attended one and that was on making your own scrapbooks as little presents. It was OK, I just don't see that I'll do it. I had a good time talking with everyone though!!
I have looked into some classes but my problem is that they are an hour away from my small town. I thought Creative Memories was fine to get me started but I feel they don't have the embelishments and things to do a scrapbook the way I want it done. Even my friend who is a CM consultant agrees that the WDW album I did for my children would not have been half as nice with only CM products.
I can't remember if you are a beginner scrapper or have been doing it awhile. Either way I think a few classes would be fun and like you said, you'll be able to meet some other scrappers in your area.
Have fun!

Just for the record, I wasn't recommending using only Creative Memory supplies. I have way too much stuff and not a whole lot of it is Creative Memories. However, they do have quality products.

I didn't mean to imply to NOT use Creative Memories, I just think there are more ideas and embellishments out there. Can't hurt to get more ideas, right?
Actually, when I started scrapping my only resource was CM because of where I live. Since then my SIL has shown me the "World of Scrapping", otherwise known as TEXAS!!!! I can't belicve the stores they have down there!! I only go to Texas 1or2 times a year but I stock up on EVERYTHING while I'm there. Can you belive I live in Minnesota but I could only find hockey stuff for my son in TEXAS? Unbelievable.

I have taken a few techniques classes. They have really given my books a lift.
I think they get your creative juices to start flowing. I think I would choose one or two classes just to start with. The lettering and the chalking classes sound good. I haven't taken either of those and I probably should. Have fun with whatever you decide. There are so many techniques out there that you can not possibly learn or use all of them.

I'm going to take a paper piecing class that also touches on chalking which makes your pices "pop". I can hardley wait.
Gerri

I have taken LOTS of classes, and I really think they have helped...they show you so many different techniques, and then you can use those techniques to enhance lots of your pages, in ways that you probably wouldn't have thought of before, I like lots of variety in my books (color blocking, pop up pages, paper piecing, chalking, eyelets, ribbon and jute, brads, etc)..all of which I have learned to use at local scrapbooking classes.

Well I finally went yesterday and signed up for the lettering class! I am looking forward to it as I have not really done any of my own other than a few journal boxes so I am hoping to come home with lots of new tips and techniques! I am going to see how this class goes as I believe it is the same teacher for all of the classes, if all goes well I wil sign up for the other ones as well!

Grover in Winnipeg
:D :smooth: :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter