School Thanksgiving Break Poll

how long is your child’s thanksgiving break?

• The whole week

Votes: 35 25.7%
  • Thursday & Friday only

Votes: 27 19.9%
  • Wednesday thru friday

Votes: 55 40.4%
  • Other

Votes: 19 14.0%

• Total voters

Skippy918

DIS Veteran
Curious what your child’s thanksgiving break time off looks like. Trying to get some data for a discussion on a Facebook group.

DGD is off: Monday, 11/20 - Tues, 11/21 for "Teacher Training" immediately followed by "Thanksgiving Break" which begins Wed, 11/22 to Fri, 11/24.
Hope the teachers learn a lot on Monday and Tuesday.

2 boys with different schedules. Younger son has all next week off. Older son has Wed-Fri off (but we're pulling him out of school Mon/Tues and going on vacation :o

It was Thursday & Friday but they changed it to the entire week starting this year.

It's been Wednesday-Friday in our district forever until this year they switched to being off the whole week.

Not my kids, since I don't have any (and if I did they'd be home-schooled), but the school around here is giving them Wednesday through Friday. They also had Monday off last week for deer hunting, ICYMI.

The school I work for has off all week. I just realized that I'm surprised they are using some of the days because of the time missed with Harvey. I guess we'll be making it up at a later date!

Our district has the week off but we are also the only district in the area that doesn't take a fall break so I guess they consider it a mini fall break.

Old school district in WA- entire week off
New school district in TN- W-F off....they are considering the entire week for next year.

My son doesn't have school Mon or Tues because of parent/teacher conferences and then has off Wed, Thurs, Fri for Thanksgiving.

They always schedule elementary school parent/teacher conferences this week to give the students off all week.

Canadian Thanksgiving is on Monday. So it's always just a long weekend with the Monday off.
Same here DD8 got the Monday off, as did I. DH worked (paid doubletime), was home by 2:30pm, went to his brother's for turkey dinner.

Same here DD8 got the Monday off, as did I. DH worked (paid doubletime), was home by 2:30pm, went to his brother's for turkey dinner.
I didn't realize that schools in the States got so much time off for Thanksgiving. I always assumed it was just one day off like us.

Ours was all week off in past years, but they are now scheduled to go Monday and Tuesday.

I get it though. We keep having to add on school days at the end of the year because the weather seems to be changing in Oregon. We have not been prepared for the weirdly wintery winters we have been having so its robbing them at the end of the year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter