School Thanksgiving Break Poll

how long is your child’s thanksgiving break?

• The whole week

Votes: 35 25.7%
  • Thursday & Friday only

Votes: 27 19.9%
  • Wednesday thru friday

Votes: 55 40.4%
  • Other

Votes: 19 14.0%

• Total voters
We have a half day on Wednesday and are off Thursday and Friday.

I didn't realize that schools in the States got so much time off for Thanksgiving. I always assumed it was just one day off like us.

It has to do with our holiday being on a Thursday. Districts find it awkward to go Monday-Wednesday, have off Thursday, then go Friday, then have a weekend...

We have a half day on Wednesday and are off Thursday and Friday.

It has to do with our holiday being on a Thursday. Districts find it awkward to go Monday-Wednesday, have off Thursday, then go Friday, then have a weekend...

It definitely makes sense to have the Thursday and Friday off. I'm just surprised so many also have the Wednesday or even the whole week off. That's awesome! :)

Because we only get Monday off for Thanksgiving, many people have their big Thanksgiving meal on Sunday, so they can lounge around and eat the leftovers on Monday.

My daughter has a half day of school on Wednesday and is then off until Tuesday.

We had the whole week off for about 3 years. Last year our district went back to full days on Monday and Tuesday and off the rest of the week. We had less than 75% of the students those two days. This year were back to the entire week off.

We homeschoo, but we are taking Thurs and Friday off. I would do Wednesday, but next Wednesday is a "family holiday", so they have the other day thrown in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter