Scott & Vicki's Art Deco Wedding and Disneymoon May 29, 2011 *Wedding Day Report!

Okay, I feel like I'm on your honeymoon with you. It's great! I LOVE that O'hana brought the cupcakes to go because they realized you'd be too stuffed! Good job, O'hana!

:sad1: Day 1 is over!!! Noooooo! I love that you got major pixie dust at the poly! Talk about luck with a window seat and cupcakes!!! :wizard: I haven't eaten at O'hanas before...that food looks yummy...I'm excited to read about what you had to say about it!

The Polynesian does look very pretty! I'm excited to explore the GF when we go to Narcoossee's there, it's fun to see all the resorts that you aren't staying at :)

Ok, now I need to find a spot on my ressie list for O'hana. That food looks soooooo good!!!
Day 1 seems like it was perfect!!!

Ok, I'm all caught up on day one! I am loving your TR so far! :goodvibes

POFQ is my favorite Disney resort. I stayed there a lot as a child so it holds a lot of memories for me. It's so quaint and quiet and romantic. I think you picked the perfect spot for your honeymoon! Great pictures there, too! :thumbsup2

It sounds like you all had a wonderful first evening in Disney! Yay for a window table so you could see Wishes! :woohoo: We love 'Ohana, too. In fact, that's exactly how we'll be spending our first night at Disney. :goodvibes

Hi!

All caught up with your TR so far - looks like a perfect first day :lovestruc - we are going to 'Ohana for the first time on our honeymoon too, looking forward to it!

Btw I had subscribed to your PJ months ago but wasn't getting updates.. so I'll have to go back and read all that I missed! :cutie:

Emma princess: x

Okay, I feel like I'm on your honeymoon with you. It's great! I LOVE that O'hana brought the cupcakes to go because they realized you'd be too stuffed! Good job, O'hana!

I know!!! I was super impressed with them for bringing them to go. Thanks for coming along for the ride:thumbsup2

:sad1: Day 1 is over!!! Noooooo! I love that you got major pixie dust at the poly! Talk about luck with a window seat and cupcakes!!! :wizard: I haven't eaten at O'hanas before...that food looks yummy...I'm excited to read about what you had to say about it!

I got my review done for it, head over to my dining review in my siggie for dets! It was amazing, you have to try it :)

The Polynesian does look very pretty! I'm excited to explore the GF when we go to Narcoossee's there, it's fun to see all the resorts that you aren't staying at :)

I agree that was a major goal I was trying to accomplish was to see as many resorts as I could.

Ok, now I need to find a spot on my ressie list for O'hana. That food looks soooooo good!!!
Day 1 seems like it was perfect!!!

You gots to try it lady!!!!

Ok, I'm all caught up on day one! I am loving your TR so far! :goodvibes

POFQ is my favorite Disney resort. I stayed there a lot as a child so it holds a lot of memories for me. It's so quaint and quiet and romantic. I think you picked the perfect spot for your honeymoon! Great pictures there, too! :thumbsup2

It sounds like you all had a wonderful first evening in Disney! Yay for a window table so you could see Wishes! :woohoo: We love 'Ohana, too. In fact, that's exactly how we'll be spending our first night at Disney. :goodvibes

Thanks!

Hi!

All caught up with your TR so far - looks like a perfect first day :lovestruc - we are going to 'Ohana for the first time on our honeymoon too, looking forward to it!

Btw I had subscribed to your PJ months ago but wasn't getting updates.. so I'll have to go back and read all that I missed! :cutie:

I can't wait to here about your experience. We had such a great time :)

I love everything! I can't wait for more!

Thanks!

Day 2 Part 1!!!!!

Well my friends we were so tired after that first day of traveling we had to drag ourselves out of bed the second, but we got going because I knew today was.....EPCOT! Our second favorite park! We hopped out of bed around 8:15 in the morning and grabbed a little breakfast at the resort restaurant and headed out. We waited about 15 mins and then our bus arrived. The trip was very short. By the time we got to EPCOT it was around 10:00 am. I was really nervous about getting to see as much of the park as I wanted because we had a lunch ressie at 11:45 so we had to book it.

SAM_0306.jpg

The first thing we did was run over to the land and grab fastpasses for Soarin'. Once we grabbed those we saw the wait was only about 5 mins for the Land boat ride. So we rode that. Scott loves this ride and I quite enjoy it too, it's very informative. After we left the land we noticed that everyone was parked under the Land canopy and we were like what is everyone doing??? Then we realized it had rained cats and dogs while we were inside, but it was only sprinkling so we decided to take our chances and head over to our ressie quickly....well we weren't quick enough, haha!

SAM_0315.jpg

It began to downpour and we ran over to the canopy to catch a boat to take us across the world showcase to Italy. By the time we got to the canopy we were drenched and we missed the boat -_-

SAM_0317.jpg

SAM_0318.jpg

Us drenched, lol!

We waited for about 10min and then we realized big metal boat no more boarding, haha so we waited for the rain to let up and literally ran to Italy. We ran inside the nearest gift shop and bought a poncho and umbrella on the way. By the time we got to Italy we were 10 mins late to our ressie.

SAM_0320.jpg

Finally Via Napoli!

We got inside and it was freezing because we were so wet, but I didn't care it smelled so good. We were seated really quickly and got our congratulations by what seemed like every CM in the place (its those buttons!) and took our seat by the window. This restaurant is absolutely lovely.

SAM_0324.jpg

and wonderfully themed!

SAM_0323.jpg

They cook pizza in the mouth ovens haha!

After we had our lunch we made it back outside and we were stuffed. The ran had finally let up a bit so we decided to make our way clockwise though the worldshow case and double back later. Our first stop the American Adventure

SAM_0344.jpg

We hadn't seen this show before so we were excited. We got inside the theater which is huge and got our seats. Well y'all the day had finally caught up with us. I think it was around the time Fredrick Douglas came out that I fell asleep :scared1: I couldn't help it, it was so warm and relaxing in there and we just ate:cutie: Scott nudged we up and ridiculed me for sleeping :rotfl: and we headed out. Our next stop was Japan! We headed into the shops and bought a kimono for my brother and I bought a pair of chopsticks. We were about to take them out when the CM asked us if we wanted them shipped to our resort because it was free. Well I couldn't deny the power of free so we accepted! It was really convenient. Once we left we saw this cute little lady making candy

SAM_0346.jpg

She was super awesome at what she does! After we left we went to Morocco and did a little shopping. We had never really seen back there so it was cool to see and Aladdin and Jasmine were there. After we left Morocco we went to France and I had to try one of those awesome Grey Goose slushes people talk about at the France stand.

SAM_0349.jpg

It was pretty good! After we left the drink stand we went to the French bakery so I could try one of those amazing pastries that people rave about.

SAM_0355.jpg

SAM_0356.jpg

It was super packed, but we got our pastry and devoured it! More in the dining review to come! We left France and headed to the UK, we just walked through here, but we had to take a picture in the phonebooth!

SAM_0361.jpg

After we left the UK we stopped for a little bit to watch these guys

SAM_0364.jpg

It was a rock band with bagpipes! They were amazing! We couldn't stay long because we had a ressie at Le Cellier!

Up next our experience at Le Cellier and more EPCOT!

Certainly looks like a lot of rain! But still looks like a good time. That grey goose slushie does look pretty good. And I don't really blame you for falling asleep during The American Adventure ;)

That woman that makes the candy is amazing, too!

lovely day in World Showcase!

I really want to see the candy artist in the Japan pavilion - apparently there are only a few people in the whole world that are trained in that art, and she is the only woman! :goodvibes

Looking forward to hearing about Le Cellier next! mmmm..

After we left the UK we stopped for a little bit to watch these guys

SAM_0364.jpg

It was a rock band with bagpipes! They were amazing! We couldn't stay long because we had a ressie at Le Cellier!

I LOVE these guys! Off Kilter has been there since about my second of third trip, and we've never gone where we haven't seen them at least once. They are amazing.

I'm glad you two had fun at EPCOT. I am really looking forward to your report from Le Cellier!

Ha! That picture of you in the phonebooth is ADORABLE!!! You really need to print that out and frame it in a goofy frame.

Sorry about the rain! Now I can't wait to read all of your dining reviews, because I love the French pastry shop, Le Cellier, and Via Napoli! :D

Looks like so much fun!!! And OMG that girl in Japan?!!? I loved her! Her song was in our heads all night. Dave was mesmerized by her! haha GIrl got skill!

And what's a trip to Disney without getting DRENCHED?!

Looks like so much fun!!! And OMG that girl in Japan?!!? I loved her! Her song was in our heads all night. Dave was mesmerized by her! haha GIrl got skill!

The CM's weren't weird at all about it. It just got their attention more. Most of them had said they never had seen them before and the ones that had just said those are special don't ever loose those because they don't sell them anymore. Not a problem at all so rock out those buttons like there is no tomorrow! haha and plenty of pixie dust, just wait until you hear it :)

Awww yay! That reassures me!! AND I am super excited to wear those babies around now!! I didn't want to have to explain myself!! I will just tell them I am a good ebay sniper... hahahaha :lmao:

Your honeymoon looks SOOOOOOOO amazing!! :)

I am loving this review!!! :love:

How were the buses at FQ? How about the resort in general? :)

I am like stalking your PJ here... haha popcorn::

Yummmmmmm, the slushie from France. I can't wait to get one!!

You guys look like we did last year at Disney, we were soaked and it rained almost everyday!

Certainly looks like a lot of rain! But still looks like a good time. That grey goose slushie does look pretty good. And I don't really blame you for falling asleep during The American Adventure ;)

That woman that makes the candy is amazing, too!

I felt so bad about falling asleep, haha! I guess it couldn't be helped :) I wish we would have bought some of her candy!

lovely day in World Showcase!

I really want to see the candy artist in the Japan pavilion - apparently there are only a few people in the whole world that are trained in that art, and she is the only woman! :goodvibes

Looking forward to hearing about Le Cellier next! mmmm..

I didn't know that about the candy that is super awesome. I didn't know that skill was so rare!

I LOVE these guys! Off Kilter has been there since about my second of third trip, and we've never gone where we haven't seen them at least once. They are amazing.

I'm glad you two had fun at EPCOT. I am really looking forward to your report from Le Cellier!

Those guys rocked the house! We sat memorized for a while watching them, lol

Ha! That picture of you in the phonebooth is ADORABLE!!! You really need to print that out and frame it in a goofy frame.

Sorry about the rain! Now I can't wait to read all of your dining reviews, because I love the French pastry shop, Le Cellier, and Via Napoli! :D

I didn't think about framing it, that's a good idea. It has become a tradition to take a pic in the photobooth, but we didn't realize to was so small we had to squeeze in, haha

Your right, I think we just got lucky the last time we went before this trip, it didn't really rain at all. Looks like we made up for lost time :laughing:

Awww yay! That reassures me!! AND I am super excited to wear those babies around now!! I didn't want to have to explain myself!! I will just tell them I am a good ebay sniper... hahahaha :lmao:

Your honeymoon looks SOOOOOOOO amazing!! :)

I am loving this review!!! :love:

How were the buses at FQ? How about the resort in general? :)

I am like stalking your PJ here... haha popcorn::

It's ok I will be totally stalking yours as well :cutie: The bus system was pretty good. You share a route with POR. but the bus stops at POFQ first so you almost always get a seat!

Yummmmmmm, the slushie from France. I can't wait to get one!!

You guys look like we did last year at Disney, we were soaked and it rained almost everyday!

Thank goodness it only rained that one day!

Day 2 Part 2

After we watched the rock band on the pipes we headed over to our 4:00 ressie at Le Cellier.

SAM_0368.jpg

(Pardon my pictures for this part because the restaurant is pretty dark so my pictures didn't take very well)

Once we went inside we put our names in and waited about 10 mins before we were seated so not too bad:thumbsup2 When went inside and the restaurant was very empty (later I found out that they just opened for dinner service) We were seated in the back corner of the restaurant.

SAM_0370.jpg

SAM_0377.jpg

SAM_0373.jpg

Now for those of you that don't know I had been dyinggggggg to go to Le Cellier. I tried to get us in 3 years ago when we went and they were completely booked and this time around I didn't snag us one until the last minute so I was super excited to try this place....well excitement turned into disappointment very quickly. Now everyone please understand this was our experience with this restaurant and I am sure the experience is different for everyone, but for us we were less than impressed. I dont know whether we were still full from lunch or what, but everything was very off putting about our experience here. Neither one of us really cared for the food. Check out my dining review for specifics, but my entree was not very good at all in fact I ended up sending half of it back to sub out for something else and what I got after I switched tasted almost as bad. By the end of the meal we were very disappointed that we spent 2 table service credits each here and we don't intend on returning. It had nothing to do with the server he was amazing or the hosts it was just the food. It think I got my hopes up and put this place on a pedestal and it didn't live up to my expectations and that was the problem.

After we left the restaurant we headed over to see O'Canada. It was around then that we realized we wouldn't be able to do half of the rides we wanted to today so we planned to come back to EPCOT for the last day. The show was a really good show. Martin Short is in it and narrates it. We both love him he is super funny. After we left the show it was getting close to our La Hacienda ressie (we made one so we could get a drink and watch the fireworks :thumbsup2) We went to go check in about a half hour early because we didn't have much to do and we hopped we could get in early. Well...we didnt haha, we got in right at 7:30 and took our seat.

SAM_0392.jpg

We asked to be seated close to the window and they did good because our seat was good. You can actually see the fireworks from about 80% of the restaurant. This restaurant is super lovely, we loved the theming and everything. We order a couple of drinks and an appetizer and sat back and enjoyed the show!

SAM_0402.jpg

SAM_0398.jpg

After Illuminations we waited a couple of minutes for the crowds to clear out before we left. We headed out and stopped at a shop to buy Scott's sister a Stitch for her birthday. After we left the store we headed back to the resort :)

Next up one of my favorite park ever!!!! Hollywood Studios!

That's so disappointing about Le Cellier! Unfortunately I've been hearing that alot lately! We are going to keep our ressie there and check it out, I'm hoping for a better experience!
Looks like a great view from La Hacienda! We made a ressie for Rose & Crown during Illuminations and I'm hoping we get a great view as well!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter