Scott & Vicki's Art Deco Wedding and Disneymoon May 29, 2011 *Wedding Day Report!

I can't wait to hear about Flying Fish! That's on my list of places to try soon! The boardwalk looks so pretty!

This place is so yummy, definitely check out my food review once I update it, we would gladly go back!

Day 5 Part 2

Once we went inside the Flying Fish we were in awe of the beautiful decor

SAM_0761.jpg

We were seated very quickly and our server offered us a complimentary glass of champagne because we were celebrating. We were also handed some celebratory menus

SAM_0762.jpg

SAM_0763.jpg

SAM_0764.jpg

Our meal was so yummy! Check out my food review soon for details! I checked out the wine and dessert list and they had a bottle of wine from the time of King Louis XII's time and get this it was $255 for a couple of ounces to drink! We asked the CM if anyone ever orders it and she said she saw a man once on New Years Eve. As we were leaving the CM grabbed us and said a lady had just ordered it so we had to take a peak. The glass was a quarter of the size of a shot glass in wine glass form, haha! That stuff must be super good!

After we left the restaurant we did some exploring and we definitely wanted to check out the Boardwalk Inn

SAM_0773.jpg

We climbed the stairs to go up to the Boardwalk and I saw the infamous boardwalk wall from Lurkyloos pictures, I had to snap a shot

SAM_0776-1.jpg

We headed up into the Boardwalk and it was so beautiful. We are really contemplating staying here next year for our anniversary trip.

SAM_0777.jpg

We headed back downstairs and made our way to Sea Breeze Point a DFTW location!

SAM_0781.jpg

SAM_0782.jpg

We headed over the Atlantic Dance Hall. There was no cover so we figured why not.

SAM_0783.jpg

and the dancefloor was completely empty, lol! We had a couple of dance with couple of other couples and we headed out

SAM_0786.jpg

We then headed over to Jellyrolls a dueling piano bar

SAM_0784.jpg

This place was so much fun! There was a cover but that didn't matter. They could play any song requested it was really cool

SAM_0792.jpg

SAM_0793.jpg

SAM_0794.jpg

SAM_0795.jpg

After we headed out of Jellyrolls we headed back to the BW Bakery to grab that delectable

SAM_0796-1.jpg

It was ok, but it could have been a little fresher, but I guess since it was the end of the night that's what I get, lol

We headed back to our resort. The boat was closed by then so we took the bus to DTD and then the bus to French Quarter. It was a long day, but the night was amazing. We would definitely go back again to Flying Fish!

Up next, our final day at Disney

Still following along!! - I have never been to the FF but it's mow on my list of 'must trys; for our next trip!!

Awwww you sounded like you were SO sleepy! I'm glad you took some time to relax--- Disney is hard work!!!

And... SEA BREEZE POINT I'M GETTING MARRIED THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And Flying Fish sounds yummy! I am sad it's your last day though. :( But I am still excited for wedding pics.

Your last day looks like it was fun! I definitely understand about needing to take a break... if you keep pushing yourself to do everything you'll just be miserable! The boardwalk looks like it was a lot of fun, we're also planning an evening there. So the easiest way to get there was to take the bus to Hollywood Studios and then take the ferry over? I'm looking forward to Jellyrolls :)

Hopefully I'll be able to catch up on your dining review soon!

I've been following your wedding trip report and dining report! I have to say that your wedding looked AMAZING. My husband and I disneymooned 7 1/2 years ago at the Boardwalk. If you have the chance, try it out! It was themed really well, and the location is awesome!
P.S. I am from Central Illinois, so I've been trying to recognize what town you married in from the pics;)

Still following along!! - I have never been to the FF but it's mow on my list of 'must trys; for our next trip!!

It was so good, you will definitely enjoy it :)

Awwww you sounded like you were SO sleepy! I'm glad you took some time to relax--- Disney is hard work!!!

And... SEA BREEZE POINT I'M GETTING MARRIED THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And Flying Fish sounds yummy! I am sad it's your last day though. :( But I am still excited for wedding pics.

I agree Disney is super hard work, next time I need to do a 30 detox and cardio before we go, haha! Sea breeze is so lovely I can't wait to see your pictures!

Your last day looks like it was fun! I definitely understand about needing to take a break... if you keep pushing yourself to do everything you'll just be miserable! The boardwalk looks like it was a lot of fun, we're also planning an evening there. So the easiest way to get there was to take the bus to Hollywood Studios and then take the ferry over? I'm looking forward to Jellyrolls :)

Hopefully I'll be able to catch up on your dining review soon!

Yep, that's the easiest way, unless you take a cab :) Jellyrolls is so much fun, definitely check out Atlantic Dance Hall as well just to say you did, there is no cover:thumbsup2

Yay! The last day is always so sad.. but that cuppycake is adorbs!

I know we were so sad, but so ready though we had spent 2.5 weeks going non stop we were pooped!

I've been following your wedding trip report and dining report! I have to say that your wedding looked AMAZING. My husband and I disneymooned 7 1/2 years ago at the Boardwalk. If you have the chance, try it out! It was themed really well, and the location is awesome!
P.S. I am from Central Illinois, so I've been trying to recognize what town you married in from the pics;)

We definitely want to stay there, we are thinking about doing DVC points and staying next trip, it's such a great location:thumbsup2 We got married in our hometown, because all of our family is there, lets see if you can guess, we got married at a riverfront with the body of water being the Illinois River and Catepillar's home base is there ;)

We definitely want to stay there, we are thinking about doing DVC points and staying next trip, it's such a great location:thumbsup2 We got married in our hometown, because all of our family is there, lets see if you can guess, we got married at a riverfront with the body of water being the Illinois River and Catepillar's home base is there ;)[/QUOTE]

Gotcha! ;) We're about 30 minutes from there. There's a little insurance company that does business here. Great pics of the wedding planning. I almost wish i could do it again! Might have to think vow renewal...:goodvibes

Last Day :(:(:(

Well I knew I would have to have this day eventually, but this is our last day of our honeymoon, super sad times, but we still got some fun things in for the day. We knew that we didn't fly out until 9:00 that evening so we had all day to spend at Disney! We packed up our stuff and got our final bill off of the door and went to the front and got our boarding passes and checked our bags in at the hotel. We dropped our carry ons off at conseigere and then headed to Poly, once again, for a breakfast at Kona! We were super sad on the way because we knew it was the last day

SAM_0797.jpg

We got the house special that day, the tonga toast! Here's a sneak peak of the food review

SAM_0802.jpg

yum!!!!

After Kona we headed over to EPCOT since we didn't get to do all we wanted to the first day we were there. We hopped on the monorail and took it to MK and then took the monorail to TTC which then took us to EPCOT, it was quite a trip, haha

First thing we did was go to Innovetions and checked out some of the technology stuff for Scott. We then headed over to Test Track and grabbed some FP, which we didn't end up having time to use :(

SAM_0806.jpg

We got in line for Ellen's Universe of Energy, which alot of people don't care for, but it's definitely a nice way to get out of the sun and it was really hot that day. This was a pretty long ride so by the time it was over it was time for our lunch ressie at Coral Reef! We had never been here before so we were excited to try it.

SAM_0807.jpg
Scott being excited!

SAM_0811.jpg

SAM_0812.jpg

This is a great restaurant and the food was great

SAM_0813.jpg

More pixie dust!

SAM_0820.jpg

After lunch we went over to the world showcase and hit up all the stuff we haven't done before. We started in Mexico, we usually just skip this, but this time we were going to try it! I found it as quite a surprise to see a whole world in there, it was really big with shops and everthing

SAM_0821.jpg

SAM_0823.jpg

We rode the ride in there featuring Donald Duck and that was super fun and there was no wait.

After Mexico we head over to Germany so I could try out the new caramel shop there

SAM_0824.jpg

We had been hearing a lot about it so we definitely had to try it

SAM_0825.jpg

We ate our goodies and headed over to Norway to ride that ride because we hadn't tried that one either. There was little bit of a wait for that, but it went pretty quick.

After we left Norway we looked at the time and it was about time to head out, we ran over to the bus stop, but we thought we were pretty short on time so we took a cab, it was super quick and it only cost about $7 so not too bad. We got back and got a drink and waited for the magical express to come and get us. It arrived and it was time to go

SAM_0830.jpg

They played a nice little exit video on the way which was nice and we got to the airport to grab a bit to eat at Burger King before our departure. We had a lay over in Atlanta, but other than that it was a pretty quick trip and before we knew it we were home. It was about 1:00 am so we stayed in a hotel because the airport we came home to was about an hour away from home. We woke up the next morning and drove home and got to look at 3 weeks worth of laundry and wedding gifts we had to put away, haha. Overall we had a great time and I was glad we went to Disney, the only thing I would change is to take more breaks we were so tired part of the time that it made some days almost unbearable, so next trip we will definitely take it a little easier oh and we needed more time during our stay we had to miss out on a lot of our favorites, because I overplanned so I recommend having a longer vacation so you can take it easy some days or just don't plan a lot for the days you are there. I hope you all enjoyed the ride and up next is the wedding TR! I will get that started this week I promise! Thanks everyone!

Aw, your last day looks like it was fun! It seems like you got a lot done in Epcot that day. Mexico is a pretty cool pavilion, I'm glad you stopped in this time! Also, I can totally relate to overplanning - I may have done that for my honeymoon as well, we'll see... haha, I planned multiple days at some of the parks with the hopes that we can sleep in or take a midday break sometimes so we don't constantly feel rushed!

Awwwww you guys looks so cute, tired, sad, and happy all at the same time in the first picture! I love it. :D

Did you go on the Mexico ride? It's... it's interesting. Let's just leave it at that.

I can totally relate to overplanning. I already have SO much stuff prepared for our honeymoon--- but I am also trying to convince myself that it's okay to take it easy in WDW for once. Let's see how that goes though...

I'm totally looking forward to hearing about the WEDDING and your dining review!

Awww, it looks like you ended the trip quite well! (I'm so sad you didn't get to go on Test Track though! :eek:) I tend over plan the itinerary too! :rotfl: My MOH was like, "Can I see the schedule so I can possibly plan a group activity for us?" and I responded, "Sure, but I didn't really leave too much empty room!" :laughing: I'm getting SO excited for you to start your wedding TR too! :bride: I can't wait!

SOOOOOOOO! Beautiful! I loved reading your thread. Can'T wait until I start mine!

Wow what a whirlwind! hehe. Our last(first) trip together in February was like that too. I tried to get as much as I could possibly get into those 5 days!

I loved seeing all your pictures and your post Disney melancholy picture is priceless. I cried on our flight home! :sad1:

I had no idea Germany had a caramel shop! How on earth did i miss that?!

Great trip report. Thank you so much for sharing!

I've loved reading along with your amazing trip! I can't wait for more wedding pictures, you looked amazing! :goodvibes

Oh how I love me some Coral Reef <3

Love Scott's shirt too!

And no sad faces.. =[ I think everyone looks the same way when they're leaving. Wah.

Vicki your honeymoon looked like you had so much fun. I love the teaser pics from your wedding. You looked so beautiful!! I can't wait to hear how everything went!!

Aw, your last day looks like it was fun! It seems like you got a lot done in Epcot that day. Mexico is a pretty cool pavilion, I'm glad you stopped in this time! Also, I can totally relate to overplanning - I may have done that for my honeymoon as well, we'll see... haha, I planned multiple days at some of the parks with the hopes that we can sleep in or take a midday break sometimes so we don't constantly feel rushed!

Definitely take breaks and lots of them, you won't regret it!

Awwwww you guys looks so cute, tired, sad, and happy all at the same time in the first picture! I love it. :D

Did you go on the Mexico ride? It's... it's interesting. Let's just leave it at that.

I can totally relate to overplanning. I already have SO much stuff prepared for our honeymoon--- but I am also trying to convince myself that it's okay to take it easy in WDW for once. Let's see how that goes though...

I'm totally looking forward to hearing about the WEDDING and your dining review!

We did do the Mexico ride it was really fun and I wished we wouldn't have skipped it on all of our last trips. Just try to take it easy, we got so burned out, but I know you said you both rest a lot so you should be good to go:thumbsup2

Awww, it looks like you ended the trip quite well! (I'm so sad you didn't get to go on Test Track though! :eek:) I tend over plan the itinerary too! :rotfl: My MOH was like, "Can I see the schedule so I can possibly plan a group activity for us?" and I responded, "Sure, but I didn't really leave too much empty room!" :laughing: I'm getting SO excited for you to start your wedding TR too! :bride: I can't wait!

That's so me!!!

SOOOOOOOO! Beautiful! I loved reading your thread. Can'T wait until I start mine!

Thanks, get it started I would love to follow!

Wow what a whirlwind! hehe. Our last(first) trip together in February was like that too. I tried to get as much as I could possibly get into those 5 days!

I loved seeing all your pictures and your post Disney melancholy picture is priceless. I cried on our flight home! :sad1:

I had no idea Germany had a caramel shop! How on earth did i miss that?!

Great trip report. Thank you so much for sharing!

Yesssss, ah that caramel shop....:cloud9: Get this, it's owned by Werthers! :cutie

I've loved reading along with your amazing trip! I can't wait for more wedding pictures, you looked amazing! :goodvibes

Oh how I love me some Coral Reef <3

Love Scott's shirt too!

And no sad faces.. =[ I think everyone looks the same way when they're leaving. Wah.

He got that while we were down there, so many cute Dis shirts for men I love it!

Vicki your honeymoon looked like you had so much fun. I love the teaser pics from your wedding. You looked so beautiful!! I can't wait to hear how everything went!!

We did have so much fun I was so sorry it had to end, but that's the thing about Disney it's always there for ya!

With our further ado, we begin the wedding report! I know you all are like, she's actually starting it, haha! Well here we go! Since I have been such a lazy bride I will post our wedding trailer for you all to see, here's the link

http://vimeo.com/25224181

Now that you have an idea here are the details!

May 27, 2011

We got the rest of our stuff packed up to make the 1 hour journey to our hometown where the wedding would be hosted. We grabbed the last of the wedding gear that hadn't been taken to our hometown (had been doing this gradually over the last 2 months so there was less to take) and prayed we didn't leave anything behind, but we did and I get to that later, haha. We left the kitties with two days worth of food, because my brother was going to be taking care of them while we were away and wouldn't be back until after the wedding and off we departed.

We arrived about 10:00 am. We wanted to get there pretty early because I had to get fake hair put in and that takes forever! We dropped our bags off at Scott's parents house and picked up their van so we could go get the rentals from the rental place, like the popcorn machine and other items. Once we got the items we delivered them to Scott's parents house and made a quick trip to the bank to get some travelers checks for the honeymoon, which was easier said than done, because most banks don't do those anymore where I live we actually ended up with a traveler's check debit care, ah technology!

I dropped Scott off at the house and his groomsmen picked him up for some games of Frisbee golf and I head out for my 6 hour hair appointment, yes you heard that right, 6 hours :scared1: After the ordeal I was pooped, but we had our Bachelorette/ Bachelor party at the bowling aisle with our wedding party that night and had to get going. I got back to Scott's house and did a trial run of makeup with Scott's little sister so she wouldn't need so much help in the morning and then we headed out to the alley! Everyone, but two showed up, one of Scott's groomsmen, because he was being a big diva that day and moody, because his girlfriend broke up with him a month ago and my MOH didn't show, because she was also being a diva and I hardly saw her that whole weekend, thank goodness for a huge bridal party to pick up the slack is all I have to say! I don't have many pics from this because I forgot my camera sorry!

247550_2111749639659_1423191972_32471707_3516983_n.jpg

247292_2111749359652_1423191972_32471706_5095445_n.jpg

It was a great time, everyone really got into it especially the boys they were totally trying beat us hard and we were all having so much fun that we didn't really try to compete with them and then we brought it out in the end and kicked their butts! Scott got totally hammered that night and it was super funny because he never drinks so I never let him live that down! We danced and bowled and danced some more, they had a DJ that night because it was glow bowling. It was so nice to see everyone, some I hadn't seen in over 5 years so it was great to catch up. We wrapped up around 1:00 am Scott, me, his sister, and cousin headed back to Scott's house to turn in, it was a great night! Next up, the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner!

Oh my gosh Vicki, I LOVE YOUR WEDDING TRAILER!!! Seriously. When you had your first look? I cried.

...Just sayin. :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter