• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Scott & Vicki's Art Deco Wedding and Disneymoon May 29, 2011 *Wedding Day Report!

Vicki - You know, I always read your PJ/TR, but have rarely (if ever!:guilty:) posted on it!!! I had to post today to say wow your wedding photos are amazing and look like they are really very vintage and art deco. You must be so pleased with them!!! You were a beautiful bride!!
It is exciting to see the new Fantasyland taking shape. We saw the boards and the rising Beast's castle when we were there. I was all excitement!!! I am hoping that at least some of it will be open when we make our next trip out in November 2012.
Narcossee's looks wonderful - it is on my 'must try' list for the next trip. I think I will have to add the Wishes dessert party to it too - it looks brilliant!!!
I promise I will try to be better about posting in the future!!:rolleyes:

Okay, your teasers are gorg. I love your bouquet! I really wanted to do a brooch bouquet.. but use all Disney pins. But let's face it.. that would cost a FORTUNE. =[

Everything looks like so much fun! I can't wait for the new FantasyLand to be down. Go Prince Eric! ;D

& Narcossee's I heard is fabulous. I can't wait to see your dining review on that! And the dessert party! Which I feel I must do as well!! Yayay!

Gahhh!!! Holy AWESOME update!!! :D :D

First, your wedding pictures are absolutely amazing. You looked stunning--- VERY old school hollywood glamour! Just beautiful. And your brooch bouquet!!!!!

And your MK day sounds awesome! I am actually pretty amazed that you guys didn't go back to your hotel and rest--- I am definitely a rester! I am so impressed with you! And those desserts look AWESOME! And I love the pixie dust from the GF, and I am also a huge Kona fan. So basically, I love everything haha!

Your wedding pics are beautiful!

The construction for the new fantasyland looks so exciting. I can't believe you can see so much of the new castle already! I'm also glad you had a good meal at Narcoossee's, I'm really looking forward to that one! I'll have to check out your dining review after work. And the dessert party looks so good! I really want to do it, but my travel agent called yesterday and they're STILL not taking any reservations for September so as of right now it doesn't look like they're going to keep doing it? I don't see why they would stop, but we're less than two months out now. :( Oh well, fingers crossed!

VICKI!!!!! YOUR WEDDING PICTURES ARE GORGEOUS!!! (I really want more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) :laughing:

Love the trip--So many fun rides and extra pixie dust! :wizard: The dessert party looked like fun and yummy. I can't wait to read about that in your foodie report.

Vicki - You know, I always read your PJ/TR, but have rarely (if ever!:guilty:) posted on it!!! I had to post today to say wow your wedding photos are amazing and look like they are really very vintage and art deco. You must be so pleased with them!!! You were a beautiful bride!!
It is exciting to see the new Fantasyland taking shape. We saw the boards and the rising Beast's castle when we were there. I was all excitement!!! I am hoping that at least some of it will be open when we make our next trip out in November 2012.
Narcossee's looks wonderful - it is on my 'must try' list for the next trip. I think I will have to add the Wishes dessert party to it too - it looks brilliant!!!
I promise I will try to be better about posting in the future!!:rolleyes:

Hi there! Thanks so much for the love! That' super exciting that you got to see them rise the castle! I can't wait to see it when it's completed. You definitely have to try both if you can. We loved Narcooseess and the dessert party and we plan on doing both again if we can next trip. Thanks for following along!

Okay, your teasers are gorg. I love your bouquet! I really wanted to do a brooch bouquet.. but use all Disney pins. But let's face it.. that would cost a FORTUNE. =[

Everything looks like so much fun! I can't wait for the new FantasyLand to be down. Go Prince Eric! ;D

& Narcossee's I heard is fabulous. I can't wait to see your dining review on that! And the dessert party! Which I feel I must do as well!! Yayay!

I will try to get the reviews for that done soon. It was so much fun girlie you have to try them both your next trip and what a cool idea using the pins that is such a great idea. It might not be too expensive just get a really bit lot on ebay, haha and your golden!

Gahhh!!! Holy AWESOME update!!! :D :D

First, your wedding pictures are absolutely amazing. You looked stunning--- VERY old school hollywood glamour! Just beautiful. And your brooch bouquet!!!!!

And your MK day sounds awesome! I am actually pretty amazed that you guys didn't go back to your hotel and rest--- I am definitely a rester! I am so impressed with you! And those desserts look AWESOME! And I love the pixie dust from the GF, and I am also a huge Kona fan. So basically, I love everything haha!

I know, next time we need to take a break. I was so exhausted we would go from 8 in the morning to 11 at night everyday, we were both so tired. Thank for the compliments, we tried to get as close as we could to the theme, I think it worked out, haha. Kona was sooooo good, we went twice as you will see in the review!

Your wedding pics are beautiful!

The construction for the new fantasyland looks so exciting. I can't believe you can see so much of the new castle already! I'm also glad you had a good meal at Narcoossee's, I'm really looking forward to that one! I'll have to check out your dining review after work. And the dessert party looks so good! I really want to do it, but my travel agent called yesterday and they're STILL not taking any reservations for September so as of right now it doesn't look like they're going to keep doing it? I don't see why they would stop, but we're less than two months out now. :( Oh well, fingers crossed!

It was super exciting to see the castle take shape. You will really be pleased with your Narcoossees ressie, they really treat you right over there. I was on the dessert party watch thread and I see your problem. Hopefully they will post soon. Usually they do 3 months in advance so I don't know why it hasn't been posted yet. Here's the watch thread for you, hope it helps http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2699362

VICKI!!!!! YOUR WEDDING PICTURES ARE GORGEOUS!!! (I really want more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) :laughing:

Love the trip--So many fun rides and extra pixie dust! :wizard: The dessert party looked like fun and yummy. I can't wait to read about that in your foodie report.

Thanks girl!!! I can't wait to post more, just a couple more days of the trip report and I will post all I promise!

You were an absolutely stunning bride!! I think the theme for your wedding was sooo original! Looks like your Disneymoon was so much fun!

Yay updates!!! I'm so proud of you...hehe!!

Your MK day looked AMAZING!!! And yay for the dessert party! If they don't have one in September I'm going to be so sad. I've been watching that DIS link like a madwoman :laughing:

And LOVE the wedding pics!! :lovestruc

I just started reading your PJ and it is FABULOUS! I love your wedding ideas. Your dress and look was amazing. You are so beautiful. And you did lots of stuff for your honeymoon that I want to do too! Loving reading all this. Thank you so much!

I'm Subbing a little late. Hi! :wave2:

My dh and I just got married two months ago and we went to Disney World for our honeymoon, too. We also got married in a movie theater :goodvibes. I love your wedding photos, especially the one of your bouquet :lovestruc

Ok, I am finally all caught up! I have loved all of your updates! :thumbsup2 And the wedding photos are amazing. I must say it again - you looked stunning! I can't wait to read the wedding part of the report! :goodvibes

Ahh Vicki I love every single thing that you did for your wedding! I've also been enjoying reading your trip report...I absolutely love POFQ, it's my favorite moderate resort! Can't wait to read the rest of your TR!

You were an absolutely stunning bride!! I think the theme for your wedding was sooo original! Looks like your Disneymoon was so much fun!

Thank you so much!

Thanks for that link, I didn't know about that thread!
NP girlie!

Yay updates!!! I'm so proud of you...hehe!!

Your MK day looked AMAZING!!! And yay for the dessert party! If they don't have one in September I'm going to be so sad. I've been watching that DIS link like a madwoman :laughing:

And LOVE the wedding pics!! :lovestruc

I am sure they will offer it just keep stalking and you should be good :thumbsup2

I just started reading your PJ and it is FABULOUS! I love your wedding ideas. Your dress and look was amazing. You are so beautiful. And you did lots of stuff for your honeymoon that I want to do too! Loving reading all this. Thank you so much!

Yeah, I am glad could help and thank you so much :)

YAY TR UPDATE!!!!! :goodvibes

More More More! Mr. Creepo is even excited!

:dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer:

Ahhh.. Mr Creepo has been absent lately!

Ah...how I have missed our mascot...:cutie:

I'm Subbing a little late. Hi! :wave2:

My dh and I just got married two months ago and we went to Disney World for our honeymoon, too. We also got married in a movie theater :goodvibes. I love your wedding photos, especially the one of your bouquet :lovestruc

Welcome! Your wedding was so lovely, I love that you guys had popcorn we did too!

Ok, I am finally all caught up! I have loved all of your updates! :thumbsup2 And the wedding photos are amazing. I must say it again - you looked stunning! I can't wait to read the wedding part of the report! :goodvibes

Thank you! I am trying to keep up with the updates I have been pretty bad about it, only a couple more days to go and then I will start my wedding TR!

Ahh Vicki I love every single thing that you did for your wedding! I've also been enjoying reading your trip report...I absolutely love POFQ, it's my favorite moderate resort! Can't wait to read the rest of your TR!

Thanks!!!

Day 5 Last Full Day of Honeymoon :( Part 1

Hey all! Today is our last full day in the "world " it has been so much fun and thank you all for joining me on my journey. Keep following because I still have my wedding TR to do!

We were so tired this day since it was towards the last day of our trip that we accidently slept through our morning ressie at Tusker House! I was so bummed, but we were beat so we had to let ourselves rest up.

After we rested up we headed to AK!

SAM_0712.jpg

Once we arrived we saw a man making these on the ground in water, pretty cool, we thought

SAM_0714.jpg

First up, It's Tough to be a Bug! One of our favorites, this show is so much fun.

After the show we knew we weren't going to be able to spend the whole day in AK because of our late start and we had ressies outside of the park for dinner that night so we actually only got to do one other activity before we left so we were trying to make it count! We headed to the Finding Nemo show! This is a great show everyone you definitely have to see it if you get a chance.

After the show we headed to our lunch ressie at the Rainforest Cafe

SAM_0715.jpg

SAM_0719.jpg

SAM_0731.jpg

We really love the themeing to this restaurant and we had been to the one in Downtown and countless others, but this was the first time at the one in AK. The food and service was not great at all this trip. The waiter barely came around and compared to our previous meals on property this one felt like we were at a Mcdonalds the way we were being treated. It just didn't have that Disney magic.

After our lunch we headed back to the resort so Scott could do some laundry and I took a nap because I was tired. Before we went to the room we had to make a stop at the gift shop because Scott burned up his legs pretty bad that day because there was two spots he forgot to put the lotion on haha

A man and his pain

SAM_0737.jpg

I stopped at the cafeteria to get a snack and then I was out like a light until about an hour and half before our ressie.

We got up got dressed and headed to the Boardwalk!

SAM_0742.jpg

Now this commute we were not so used too so we took the bus to the park we thought it was closer too as a guess and we guessed wrong, haha. We rode over to EPCOT thinking we could take a bus to Boardwalk Inn and Villas, but the sign for Boardwalk said take the bus to Hollywood and take the ferry to Boardwalk, lol! So we hoped on the bus to Hollywood and looked for the ferry we had never seen before and sure enough it was there.

SAM_0746.jpg

SAM_0747.jpg

We got on the ferry and then we were off! It was a very short trip, and it was so convenient if you are staying at the Swan and Dolphin, Beach and Yacht Club and the Boardwalk it's all right there.

SAM_0751.jpg
There's the Swan and Dolphin Kristi!

This is the view from the Boardwalk

SAM_0753.jpg

SAM_0754.jpg

SAM_0758-1.jpg

SAM_0759.jpg

We had never been to the Boardwalk so we had to hit up the Boardwalk Bakery first

SAM_0755.jpg

SAM_0756.jpg

SAM_0757.jpg

We realized it would be silly to get a delectable right before dinner so we decided to come back right before we left

After we left the bakery we walked around for a bit and and then it was time for dinner at the Flying Fish Cafe! Stay tuned!

SAM_0774.jpg

Woohoo! I honestly love Swan and Dolphin.. it's a tradition that everytime I see it I MUST say... 'Stop looking at me SWAAAAAN' ;D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter