SE Qld Dis Meet. Sat 12 Jan 1130. ROLL CALL

areweindisneyyet

DIS Veteran
Was thinking that those of us in SE Qld should be getting together.
Lets start with a broad between Christmas and Australia Day.

Somewhere in Brisbane: Thoughts??
Saturday or Sunday??
For Lunch I am thinking??

Lets start with what dates are definitely out and we can go from there?

Roll Call

Hi there!! :wave2:
I'm in! I'm not going anywhere, so most days would suit me at this stage. Lunch on a Saturday might be good! I'm open to where - no preferences at all!! I do work some/most weekends, and won't have a roster until about a month before the date, but I can always arrange swaps if need be.
Look forward to it! ::yes:::)

I'm keen, but to have it on the GC would be good as I'll have DS and I can leave him for a little bit, but not so long to drive to Bris and back, So unless it's child friendly I will be restricted with travel time..

I know mum from oz will be on holidays on the GC in Jan too.

Being school holidays many of us will have kids to organise too.

We might be away though, we are going up to Hamilton Island at some stage in January, don't know when yet though, have to work around my DS's sporting schedule.

I am Brisbane. Also keen, depending on kids. We are going away in January, not sure on dates yet.

Oooh, this is us! :D

We are away possibly around Jan 17 for a week.

Great idea!

Bwah ha ha, I know, we can go do Dreamworld ;)

(Kidding! I haven't been able to part with money for a GC themepark since we started planning for Disney last year!! :rotfl: )

Only thing I would say is, once we get into the nitty gritty of planning (dates and destinations) I'd feel lots better if they weren't posted publicly here.

Franrose, I had a similar thing happen to a friend. I'm now quite a private person with fairly tight security settings on sites like FB. You can never be too careful.

I would like to get in on this as well... I dont drive so as long as it is public transport accessible, i am in :)

When you sort out dates can you pm me-Xmas is a bit of a mess at the moment so not sure when I'll be where - we may have to be at the Sunnie Coast taking care of elderly family members but if we're in Bris then definitely I can drive down-if you don't mind short notice Alicia in that case I could give you a lift depending on, I guess, where you are-you'll have to pm me your address (or vica versa) eg if you are out Ipswich way that could be an issue-I'm north-western suburbs.

I always get shy and spooked and pull out at the last minute with online to real life transitions lol. Chris, even though I've never met you in real life you'll have to drive me so I can't back out lol

I will try to make it. I can do either Bris or GC. I'll drop my fam off at movie world on the way. lol

Or maybe we should meet at movie world and complain about how it compares to Disney lol

I love irl meet ups! Have done a few international ones too, this will be a bit cheaper ;)

OK I am back from my trip and can get my head sorted. Thinking weekend of 12/13 Jan and perhaps the Gold Coast instead of Brisbane or at least the north of the Gold Coast.

If we can set the date, and suggestions of places that are public transport accessible. Book somewhere for brunch or lunch for example. Open to suggestions. PM ideas

To keep things a little more private I am happy for people to PM me and to PM the major details to anyone who is interested.

Sounds like a plan!! Alas, as a shift worker I don't have my roster yet, but I'm sure I can work something out. And Alicia - happy to help with driving you if you need it..!! ;) (If I'm able to get there! We get our rosters about 4 weeks out.):confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter