• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Seasoned guests and most skippable attractions

jungle cruise...I have not had good luck with the skippers being fun....I like humor...not elephants and their swimming trunks.

Indy....only if indy is working and if my fastpass is valid for that moment in time, if not, I become Roy Batty and no one is offering me a snickers bar.

mark Twain.....spent way to much time touring on the Hudson , never want to look a river shore again.

and if you were to draw a straight line from that awful billboard behind Small World to rocket rods, anything east of that line

I realized I left out DCA:

We skip Bugsland other than strolling through to enjoy the theming and occasionally watching It's Tough to be a Bug.

I'm not a big fan of Luigi's Rollickin Roadsters, at least not riding it. It's the only ride I enjoy more by watching others ride it. From the outside it's cute to watch and you can see and appreciate the choreography and trackless system. On the ride it's just jerky and uncomfortable.

The Monsters Inc ride is okay and we ride it if it's walk-on, which it usually is, so we actually end up riding it at least once a trip. But I never regret skipping it.

I don't think we've rode Jumpin' Jellyfish since 2012. Along with Astro Orbiters it's one of the few attractions I actively support removing.

I can skip King Triton's Carousel and Goofy's Sky School as well.

We never rode the swings or the Zephyr until this year, dismissing them as off the shelf carnival rides. But, since riding the first time we have become fans. They aren't "can't miss" attractions for us, but they are great after getting soaked on GRR in the summer and usually have short lines.

Disneyland:
Space Mountain - too jerky and fast
Matterhorn - just plain painful to ride
Tea Cups - no dizzy rides for me
Splash Mountain - don't like getting wet at the end
Indy - long lines and jerky tide

DCA:
GRR - get way too wet
Swings, Goofys Sky School - never tried them and probably never will
RSR - too fast for me

DL:
Peter Pan because of the line. How does it stay busy if all of us don't ride it??? But we've only done it twice in 7 trips...and we can do without it.
Riverboat/Columbia - We did it once. Not sure there's a reason to do it again.

DCA:
Tough to be a Bug - we used to love this. Now we never go. Of course, it's a movie promo half the time, but still....
Twilight Zone Tower of Terror - we used to ride this all the time. Now we don't. Oh yeah, that's right!!!!

I ride Small World only because my husband likes it. By the end of the ride, I want to pull my hair out.
I also do not understand the fascination with those Tigger Tale things. Sickeningly sweet.

There are a few that nobody in our family rides -- in DL, Nemo and Autotopia, and Astroblasters, and the only thing we do in Toon Town is Roger Rabbit. I don't think anybody does the Golden Zephyr in DCA. And we're all too old for Bugs Land.

We all love the dark rides in FL, even my two girls who are now 13 and 17. DH and I skip Matterhorn but the kids love it. I don't think we've ever ridden Casey Jr.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter