*Sept 10th 2011 WB Transatlantic* From Spain to Space Mountain-Taking the Magic Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
It must have heard me cursing as I tried it again and it worked. :cool1: I've done mine now & got everything I wanted. :dance3:

Have you booked any Mary?

No, we're not staying long enough unfortunately :sad2: we already had all our holidays/cruises booked for this year and Stevie had a mad turn and decided that we should do the WBTA again this year :cool1: Were 2 cruises and a trip to WDW not enough I asked him :laughing: but then instantly agreed that we should go now that he put the idea in my head :thumbsup2

Okay for him to say as he will be retiring just before the WBTA and doesn't have to worry about holidays any more, but I had to sell my soul to my boss to work some time in lieu for the 4 days I was short. Oh another excuse to celebrate, Stevie's retirement ... more champagne :thumbsup2 I said to him when we were walking Tod & Copper last night that you and I had a date in Pink sometime :lovestruc and that would put a hole in his bar bill :lmao: but in the meantime will just have lots of cocktails and champagne on the WBTA instead lol

We are flying home on Sunday 25th, so will probably just grab something on the go at WDW on the Saturday and Sunday morning. We took the view that we would be far too stuffed to do any ADRs in WDW. Where are you staying? We are booked at the Boardwalk Villas for the one night. We are staying at the Beach Club in July, so thought we would stick with the central location if we had to do a mental dash round the parks for the 1 1/2 days we have to cram in our favourite rides/attractions just one more time.

If the Magic is in the med next year, we are just going to do a couple of cruises instead and not go to WDW, big saving on park tickets and USA flights.... a 3rd WBTA maybe?
:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Thank you :)

Phew Claire, I would've been having pink kittens. Glad you got sorted.

We're thinking on doing the Spirit of Aloha show...has anybody done it and is it worth paying to sit in section 1 ?

We did the Spirit of Aloha once and unfortunately didn't enjoy it.

It was during the hurricane George in 1998 and we got absolutely soaked on the way there, our boat got stuck in the middle of the 7 seas lagoon and when we eventually turned up late, like drowned rats, all the posh people from the Polynesian looked at us in disgust :sad2:

That really set the mood and then our server was horrible to us.

That's one that we really need to do again to put the ghosts of 1998 behind us lol. It was good but we just couldn't appreciate it that day

From memory though, I would pay for a closer seat for a fantastic view at the front :)

We did the Spirit of Aloha once and unfortunately didn't enjoy it.

It was during the hurricane George in 1998 and we got absolutely soaked on the way there, our boat got stuck in the middle of the 7 seas lagoon and when we eventually turned up late, like drowned rats, all the posh people from the Polynesian looked at us in disgust :sad2:

That really set the mood and then our server was horrible to us.

That's one that we really need to do again to put the ghosts of 1998 behind us lol. It was good but we just couldn't appreciate it that day

From memory though, I would pay for a closer seat for a fantastic view at the front :)

Thanks Mary :)

Shame about your server and the people that looked down their noses at you:sad1: Not a very nice memory to have, but the bad ones always stick in there.

I've read mixed reviews, but you always have to go and try somewhere for yourself.
Hopefully we'll have a good time as we're paying OOP for this one.

We're thinking on doing the Spirit of Aloha show...has anybody done it and is it worth paying to sit in section 1 ?

Thanks Michelle, I was starting to get annoyed with it.....but thankfully it worked before I did this :badpc:

We've not done the Sprirt of Aloha so can't help i'm afraid. It looks good though. :)

No, we're not staying long enough unfortunately :sad2: we already had all our holidays/cruises booked for this year and Stevie had a mad turn and decided that we should do the WBTA again this year :cool1: Were 2 cruises and a trip to WDW not enough I asked him :laughing: but then instantly agreed that we should go now that he put the idea in my head :thumbsup2

Okay for him to say as he will be retiring just before the WBTA and doesn't have to worry about holidays any more, but I had to sell my soul to my boss to work some time in lieu for the 4 days I was short. Oh another excuse to celebrate, Stevie's retirement ... more champagne :thumbsup2 I said to him when we were walking Tod & Copper last night that you and I had a date in Pink sometime :lovestruc and that would put a hole in his bar bill :lmao: but in the meantime will just have lots of cocktails and champagne on the WBTA instead lol

We are flying home on Sunday 25th, so will probably just grab something on the go at WDW on the Saturday and Sunday morning. We took the view that we would be far too stuffed to do any ADRs in WDW. Where are you staying? We are booked at the Boardwalk Villas for the one night. We are staying at the Beach Club in July, so thought we would stick with the central location if we had to do a mental dash round the parks for the 1 1/2 days we have to cram in our favourite rides/attractions just one more time.

If the Magic is in the med next year, we are just going to do a couple of cruises instead and not go to WDW, big saving on park tickets and USA flights.... a 3rd WBTA maybe?
:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

That's a shame but as you say you have 2 other cruises & wdw to look forward too. :lmao:

:rotfl2: Yes I can confirm Pink does make a dent in your wallet. :rolleyes1 Hopefully one day we will have a Champagne Girls meet in there. :) You can count on me having lots of Cocktails on the WBTA, I like having at least one of the specials with my meal every night. ;)

We are only there 3 nights, we are staying at Bay Lake Tower. Our annual passes will have expired by the time we go so at the moment i'm not sure we will be going in any of the parks but i'll definately be getting my shopping fix at DTD. :teeth: I'm still waiting for the official MNSSHP dates to be announced.

I hope the Magic will be in the Med next year too.......finger crossed! :wizard:

Lynne, we stayed at the Hilton Diagonal Mar last summer and were able to do the cruise check-in there. Disney had a separate table set up in the lobby with 2 CMs who basically did all of the check-in right there. We received all of our boarding stuff and they took our individual "pre-cruise" photo for your KTTW card at that time. (Ugh, :eek: that was one a bad photo, in fact she had to take mine twice :rotfl2:...we had just gotten in from our 9-hour overnight flight. We looked frightful! :scared1:) We also received our Castaway Club lanyards.
When we got to the port on sailing day, we went straight into the line for group photos and then boarded the Magic! It made the boarding process so much easier. :thumbsup2

Do you have to pre-register somehow to let Disney know you're staying there? We made our own reservations; NOT through Disney (too expensive).
Thanks! Connie

We have done the spirit of aloha and had front seating. It was great easy to see the stage...ect.. Would highly recomend the front area.

That's a shame but as you say you have 2 other cruises & wdw to look forward too. :lmao:

:rotfl2: Yes I can confirm Pink does make a dent in your wallet. :rolleyes1 Hopefully one day we will have a Champagne Girls meet in there. :) You can count on me having lots of Cocktails on the WBTA, I like having at least one of the specials with my meal every night. ;)

We are only there 3 nights, we are staying at Bay Lake Tower. Our annual passes will have expired by the time we go so at the moment i'm not sure we will be going in any of the parks but i'll definately be getting my shopping fix at DTD. :teeth: I'm still waiting for the official MNSSHP dates to be announced.

I hope the Magic will be in the Med next year too.......finger crossed! :wizard:

It’s a pain that DCL are holding off making the announcement for next year’s itineraries. We would usually have our tickets etc all organised for our upcoming trip in July, but are holding off to see if the Magic is over here next year or not. Depending on that, we’ll decide whether just to get 14 day ultimate tickets for our trip or annual passes and go back to WDW next year ..... oh the decisions :confused:

Our annual passes just expired, but we did not too bad and got 3 trips out of them :)

I love MNSSHP, I hope you manage to fit one in before your passes expire :thumbsup2 It’s the Christmas Shop at DTD we can’t keep away from, I love all the decorations and have to buy a few every trip :santa:

We usually do the odd cocktail/drink of the day, which will now be totally blown out of the water when we find out when Happy Hour is on CC, that will be cocktail overload :cool1: we usually buy the wine package for dinner

Thanks Mary :)

Shame about your server and the people that looked down their noses at you:sad1: Not a very nice memory to have, but the bad ones always stick in there.

I've read mixed reviews, but you always have to go and try somewhere for yourself.
Hopefully we'll have a good time as we're paying OOP for this one.

That's why we definitely need to do it again - you can let me know how you enjoy it :thumbsup2

We usually do the odd cocktail/drink of the day, which will now be totally blown out of the water when we find out when Happy Hour is on CC, that will be cocktail overload :cool1: we usually buy the wine package for dinner

We need a 'phone tree' of those to text when finding out the time! :rotfl2: I know we will have the wave phone with us on CC due to the kiddos. Of course, our stop on CC is so short it seems... :sad1:

It’s a pain that DCL are holding off making the announcement for next year’s itineraries. We would usually have our tickets etc all organised for our upcoming trip in July, but are holding off to see if the Magic is over here next year or not. Depending on that, we’ll decide whether just to get 14 day ultimate tickets for our trip or annual passes and go back to WDW next year ..... oh the decisions :confused:

Our annual passes just expired, but we did not too bad and got 3 trips out of them :)

I love MNSSHP, I hope you manage to fit one in before your passes expire :thumbsup2 It’s the Christmas Shop at DTD we can’t keep away from, I love all the decorations and have to buy a few every trip :santa:

It is frustrating! Did I read somewhere that they are making an announcement early April or did I dream that? :rotfl2:

I'm not sure yet but I don't think we will be going back to WDW next year, Lee is a bit Disney-ed out. :eek: However I think we would do a Med cruise though if the ship is back over next year.

I love the Christmas shop! ::yes:: I spend hours & loads of $$$'s in there every trip. One of my 3 xmas trees just has my Disney ornaments on. :cloud9:

I am really looking forward to Happy Hour on Castaway Cay! See you at the bar(s). :banana:

I have heard that the magnetic paper doesn't work with all printers, but I can't get it out here anyway, so I'm planning on doing the laminating thing. I agree, I'd like to just deliver them when we have a moment.

One word; EBAY! Anything and about all you want/need/like can be found on there. So if you'ld want to play around with the magnetic paper, perhaps take a look on there?

As far as the FE goes; I'm fine with both dividing up into smaller groups and keeping it one group. I have pretty unlimited bagage allowance with my dad driving my van down to Barca anyway. On the previous cruise, a 7-nighter eastern, we had an unusual large group for such a standard itinerary. Ended up with 80+ cabins and decided not to split up. What a fun time that one was. Bulging out FE's pretty much constantly. :rotfl2: Some found it took a lot of time to deliver, but I'ld done my homework at home and we were done in notime. I had disneythemed pouches for phone/camera/othergadgets for all of the adults, teens etc. For the kiddies age-fitting toys. Most of which all very small and lightweight, so all in all took up very little space for the amount of it. Back home I'ld made a list of cabins per deck, already on track of my "walk" so no runinng around decks going back and from. Gifts were prepacked per cabin, prelabeled and then packed into a bag per deck. That made it SO easy to make quick deliveries. Having to use the elevator took up more time than the delivering and that wasn't bad at all later at night.

Pinky166 said:
Well I think you should do what's best for you. If it's easier for you to find out peoples favorite colour then go for it, I am sure everyone will be more than happy to give you any information needed. :thumbsup2

BTW the clue for mine is in my user name. ;)

You're right, asking pre-cruise prob. is easiest for all and still gives me a chance to somewhat try and give everybody a loved color. So a love for pink, hey? Everytime I read your nick I can't help myself but think about a cartoon from...... I think late nineties/early zeros? called Pinky and the Brain. Funniest set of rats I've ever seen. :laughing:

Pat, if it's not too much trouble, could you add to the FE-info that those with favorite colors can PM me theirs and I'll try to make their gift match where possible?

For those that are DVC-members and have made WDW diningressies online; how do you do it with using the 180+10 rule? By now we can make ADR's for postcruise but haven't discovered yet how I do that now that I'm renting points. I've got the res# that MS uses, can check the ressie online on the DVC-website and thus know it is in order, but when going through the WDW-dine part of the WDW-website it does not recognize and thus no +10 days for me. No biggie as I'm sure I will hit very few TS after the cruise ;) but really want to make sure I get 2 much wanted reservations as a birtday celebration. How do you do this with a DVC-ressie?

I love the Christmas shop! ::yes:: I spend hours & loads of $$$'s in there every trip. One of my 3 xmas trees just has my Disney ornaments on. :cloud9:

That shop is pure evil! I find myself regressing into a young child in there again; gimme, gimme, gimme, gimme! Thankfully/shamefully the new series of "christmas village houses" don't work on 220V. The set up I'm using has no space for a converter, makes it UGLY. Was a hard on to come to that decision that the ugliness would ruin those cute things, but boy did I safe some huge $. ;) Or started out that way, anyway. :rolleyes1 Ended up buying myself all kinds of christmass figurines with the Fab 5 instead, last year. Since 2007, I've bought myself so much I can now fully dress a 180 centimeter tree in disney ornaments, got 2 stockings for one person (and we do not even do stockings down here :laughing: ), and what not else. Am still dreaming about a day I can get my hands on an affordable cute disney train for around the tree with the caracters on them.

Luckily it's one of the few onsite stores I'm falling for. Otherwise I can keep it down to some little basic things. Saves me more $$$ to spent at the mall and other shops for all kinds of yummy groceries we don't have here, clothes, lovely bathproducts, shoes, juwelry, parfum and what not. Anybody still not know why I need that business class luggage allowance? :rolleyes1

Everytime I read your nick I can't help myself but think about a cartoon from...... I think late nineties/early zeros? called Pinky and the Brain. Funniest set of rats I've ever seen. :laughing:

Pat, if it's not too much trouble, could you add to the FE-info that those with favorite colors can PM me theirs and I'll try to make their gift match where possible?

I'd be glad to add that for you!

PINKY AND THE BRAIN!!! I LOVE PINKY AND THE BRAIN!!! :yay: (In fact, I love all the Animaniacs. So NOT a "kids" show!) I'm always calling Dennis "Pinky" when he does/says something goofy. As in, "Is it difficult to be you, Pinky?" :rotfl: He thinks it's funny.

Hi all,

Success!!!! I got the doc to complete the paperwork I needed so now we wait for the surgeon on April 12. I'm so proud....I didn't even raise my voice with the doctor....I did use my best momma glare and the very quiet firm mom voice. Even my looped DH knew I was one ticked off lady because my voice kept getting quieter but firmer the more the doctor tried to weasel out of things. Fortunately, the nurse manager was there and she definitely got that I was beyond ticked off and got the doctor to move along.

At least that chapter is over and now we wait to see how the next one goes. At least this will all be over before our cruise, but I'm really thinking that (more of my OBC) may go for the bar bill this time!

Karen

We have done the spirit of aloha and had front seating. It was great easy to see the stage...ect.. Would highly recomend the front area.
Thank you:thumbsup2

That's why we definitely need to do it again - you can let me know how you enjoy it :thumbsup2

Our AP's run out in June and we're not renewing them, we got 2 trips out of ours last year. We've bought MYW tickets for the first time in years:) Made a boo boo though and only bought the base ones, will have to upgrade them when we get there to hoppers.
We won't be attending MNSSHP this year.

We're waiting patiently for DCL dates for 2012

Of course will let you know what it's like.

For those that are DVC-members and have made WDW diningressies online; how do you do it with using the 180+10 rule? By now we can make ADR's for postcruise but haven't discovered yet how I do that now that I'm renting points. I've got the res# that MS uses, can check the ressie online on the DVC-website and thus know it is in order, but when going through the WDW-dine part of the WDW-website it does not recognize and thus no +10 days for me. No biggie as I'm sure I will hit very few TS after the cruise ;) but really want to make sure I get 2 much wanted reservations as a birtday celebration. How do you do this with a DVC-ressie?

Just done ours this morning. No problems at all.

Just signed into my account, went to make dining reservations, it then asked me if I wanted to link my ADR's with my ref no. So I did. I had to confirm my reservation number and that was it.
It all went very well. Much easier than last year.

We need a 'phone tree' of those to text when finding out the time! :rotfl2: I know we will have the wave phone with us on CC due to the kiddos. Of course, our stop on CC is so short it seems... :sad1:

Definitely, a list of everyone's room numbers so we can do a group text of the Happy Hour details :drinking1

I recall my friends saying from their xmas cruise it's the number 7 then the room number

It is frustrating! Did I read somewhere that they are making an announcement early April or did I dream that? :rotfl2:

I'm not sure yet but I don't think we will be going back to WDW next year, Lee is a bit Disney-ed out. :eek: However I think we would do a Med cruise though if the ship is back over next year.

I am really looking forward to Happy Hour on Castaway Cay! See you at the bar(s). :banana:

Stevie said last night I think its to be 10th April :confused3 they make an announcement, but then it was supposed to be 10th March - 22nd March :confused:

We are the same, we have an 8 foot "Disney" christmas tree in our hallway with all our huge Mickey baubles and all the ones purchased at WDW :santa: :love: and another one in the family room with "normal" decs on.

Gosh you would think we all had a drink problem :lmao: like you, we don't usually drink much now at home or on holiday but, on a child free 2 week cruise :drinking1

PINKY AND THE BRAIN!!! I LOVE PINKY AND THE BRAIN!!! :yay: (In fact, I love all the Animaniacs. So NOT a "kids" show!) I'm always calling Dennis "Pinky" when he does/says something goofy. As in, "Is it difficult to be you, Pinky?" :rotfl: He thinks it's funny.

OMG I am humming the theme tune in my head now, I hadn't thought of that before, I love Pinky & The Brain :)

Hi all,

Success!!!! I got the doc to complete the paperwork I needed so now we wait for the surgeon on April 12. I'm so proud....I didn't even raise my voice with the doctor....I did use my best momma glare and the very quiet firm mom voice. Even my looped DH knew I was one ticked off lady because my voice kept getting quieter but firmer the more the doctor tried to weasel out of things. Fortunately, the nurse manager was there and she definitely got that I was beyond ticked off and got the doctor to move along.

At least that chapter is over and now we wait to see how the next one goes. At least this will all be over before our cruise, but I'm really thinking that (more of my OBC) may go for the bar bill this time!

Karen

Glad you got a result today and hope all goes well for DH. I can empathise with all the back/spinal surgeries my DH has had.

Our AP's run out in June and we're not renewing them, we got 2 trips out of ours last year. We've bought MYW tickets for the first time in years:) Made a boo boo though and only bought the base ones, will have to upgrade them when we get there to hoppers.
We won't be attending MNSSHP this year.

We're waiting patiently for DCL dates for 2012

Hi

How did you do MYW online? :confused3 every time I do a search I get ultimate tickets. I thought we would get a MYW hopper pass too for post WBTA as last year we hopped round 3 parks in the day and a half we had before the flight home :banana:

It was easy last year as we still had our APs :thumbsup2

Aaaaaaaarghhhhh. Can someone PLEASE help me order the DCL planning video? :rolleyes: It keeps saying postcode format is wrong and I've definitely ticked UK. I had the same problem viewing the online brochure but managed to figure that out...eventually but I've forgotten again. :headache:

I have to confess that I told the kids. :dance3: I am useless keeping secrets :eek: I've just been soo excited I had to tell them and guess what?? They didn't believe me :lmao: My DD 14 is going to register on here and ask if any of the kids want to PM her. :)

DS 10 is in planning mode too. He's thinking about what food he will order through room service. :lmao:

So apparently I'm now the best mum in the world..but I still had to BEG someone to make me a cuppa :rolleyes:

Mel x

Tod&Copper said:

but I'm really thinking that (more of my OBC) may go for the bar bill this time!

Definitely, a list of everyone's room numbers so we can do a group text of the Happy Hour details :drinking1.

oh im really wishing we were leaving kids at home:rotfl:,
we have decided that we will take a turn each day on who is responsible for the children, and then the other one can be as unresponsible as they like:sick::cool2:

Aaaaaaaarghhhhh. Can someone PLEASE help me order the DCL planning video? :rolleyes: It keeps saying postcode format is wrong and I've definitely ticked UK. I had the same problem viewing the online brochure but managed to figure that out...eventually but I've forgotten again. :headache:

I have to confess that I told the kids. :dance3: I am useless keeping secrets :eek: I've just been soo excited I had to tell them and guess what?? They didn't believe me :lmao: My DD 14 is going to register on here and ask if any of the kids want to PM her. :)

DS 10 is in planning mode too. He's thinking about what food he will order through room service. :lmao:

So apparently I'm now the best mum in the world..but I still had to BEG someone to make me a cuppa :rolleyes:

Mel x

hi mel, i wasnt going to tell my dd9 either but couldnt hold it in and i was bursting to tell her. im glad i did as the build up can just be as exciting as the cruise, all the planning, the countdown, the anticipation, we talk about it all the time and its still some 5 months away:lmao:

my dd and leannes dd have been exchanging emails, if your ds would like to join in just pm me and i can pass email address on, i know what boys are like so i understand if he doesnt want to talk to girls princess:

i had problem ordering that cd too, but i did eventually get it few weeks ago but i have no idea how i did it, one day it just worked:banana: sorry thats no help AT all :sad2:

Sarah XX

You're right, asking pre-cruise prob. is easiest for all and still gives me a chance to somewhat try and give everybody a loved color. So a love for pink, hey? Everytime I read your nick I can't help myself but think about a cartoon from...... I think late nineties/early zeros? called Pinky and the Brain. Funniest set of rats I've ever seen. :laughing:

I used to love Pinky & the Brain too. :laughing: I'll have to go & Youtube some clips now.

I'm not a DVC member but I am staying on rented points, it played up this morning when I tried to make my adr's I ended up logging into the Disney site then trying to make an adr but it wouldn't let me as it wasn't showing my room but there is a little box on the screen asking if you have an accomodation booking, click on that and type in your 12 digit res number, surname & arrival date & that should then confirm your room and let you go ahead and make the adr's. Hope that helps. :)

That shop is pure evil! I find myself regressing into a young child in there again; gimme, gimme, gimme, gimme! Thankfully/shamefully the new series of "christmas village houses" don't work on 220V. The set up I'm using has no space for a converter, makes it UGLY. Was a hard on to come to that decision that the ugliness would ruin those cute things, but boy did I safe some huge $. ;) Or started out that way, anyway. :rolleyes1 Ended up buying myself all kinds of christmass figurines with the Fab 5 instead, last year. Since 2007, I've bought myself so much I can now fully dress a 180 centimeter tree in disney ornaments, got 2 stockings for one person (and we do not even do stockings down here :laughing: ), and what not else. Am still dreaming about a day I can get my hands on an affordable cute disney train for around the tree with the caracters on them.

Luckily it's one of the few onsite stores I'm falling for. Otherwise I can keep it down to some little basic things. Saves me more $$$ to spent at the mall and other shops for all kinds of yummy groceries we don't have here, clothes, lovely bathproducts, shoes, juwelry, parfum and what not. Anybody still not know why I need that business class luggage allowance? :rolleyes1

I really want a Disney train to go around the bottom of my tree too but a) I haven't found a nice one & b) my dogs will chase it and probably break my precious Disney ornaments. :scared1:

My collection started in 2000, with my buying one or two each trip but in recent years I have bought loads on each trip! Too many infact that I ended up buying a new 8ft tree in the sales after Christmas just gone. :santa:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter