*Sept 10th 2011 WB Transatlantic* From Spain to Space Mountain-Taking the Magic Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
just in case, you never know, here's my choice:rotfl2:

tiffanyearrings.jpg

Duly noted! :rotfl:

Hi all,

Sorry I haven't posted much lately. My husband has a bad back and I've been spending far too much of my time fighting with "so-called" medical professionals of late. Unfortunately, it looks more and more like he is headed to surgery, but we are waiting to get into the same neurosurgeon that did his original back surgery nearly 11 years ago. So, in the meantime, it is pain management, doctor management, work-expectation management, and household management for me. Thank goodness I work as a consultant or else I believe the family would be up a creek without a paddle. I think I've spent more time behind the wheel of my minivan than I have behind my desk of late!

Karen

You are WOMAN!!

Ever see that commercial about the "man cold?" That's Dennis. I was sick for two days with stomach virus (you do NOT want to know the details :scared: :crazy2:); halfway through the first day, he asked me if I needed anything. I gasped out, "Not right now," and he took that to mean "never." After that, I was on my own. But let him stub his toe, and we're calling the ambulance. :sad2:

Seriously, though, I hope everything works out for your hubby. Even minor back problems can be excruciating. And good thoughts coming your way, too. pixiedust: You definitely have your hands full.

BTW, your comment about "'so-called' medical professionals" - I've always said, there's a reason why it's called a license to practice medicine; it doesn't say anything about getting it right. :rolleyes: Hang in there!

Thinking out loud (after catching up on today's posts!!!) :scared1:
Maybe... some math nerd (Pat).... can figure out where if we do break FE into groups.... each group has approximately the same number of CABINS and PEOPLE participating. So no matter what group you are in... if there are say 12 cabins, but 29 people participating... then each group is in that ballpark. So then it doesn't matter which group you fall into because they are all about the same number of participants either way? Versus one group could have 12 cabins but 48 participants or another group having 12 cabins and 24 participants. :confused3

Yep, already thinking about this.

I also like the idea of "opting in" for multiple groups. Logistical challenge for ya Pat!! ;) And the baggage limit thing... should I admit that was part of the bonus of getting our littlest one a seat of her own... that we could then check more bags versus her just being a lapchild?? ;)

Actually, I was thinking about how participating in multiple groups would change the stateroom/people count and assignments. Specifically, I was thinking, "I'm gonna get Mandy to help me work this one out." :lmao:

As for the extra baggage thing, I think I'll just pay for another bag. ;)

I would just like to find a doctor who listens and cares. The two pain management docs we've seen have been ridiculous! The first one doesnt have time so her physician's assistant who is a) young, b) inexperienced, and c) impatient saw Steve mostly. The new guy who I was really hoping would help doesn't understand how long it takes to get into a neurosurgeon. Yep, so far we are batting 1,000!

I'm just hoping I have the patience to get him to sign the paperwork we need tomorrow BEFORE I tell him exactly what I think of him. Fortunately, DH is looped on pain drugs, but that leaves me as the only adult in the room!

Breathe in, breathe out, I am serene and in control.......

Karen

We usually do something for everyone with FEs. Usually we do at least 1 individual thing and then 1 cabin thing. The individual thing is age appropriate so maybe board books for toddlers and small coloring books for kids up to 5 then slinkys and other stuff for older kids. Adults get neat stuff too!

For those in the US the Target dollar spot often has neat disney stuff. I think I'm placing an Oriental Trading order for pirate stuff! And I know I'm making one thing for everyone.

Can't wait!

Karen

Hello my names Margaret and I will be traveling on the WBTA with my DH Norman ( grumpy1234) , this is our first Disney cruise and we are celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary and my birthday.I am now getting excited with only 166 days to go ! Although I have been reading the Dis boards I am a bit of a technophobe, but I just want to say Hi and hope that I (we) can become involved in some of the events taking place. We will be doing the Dolphin tour which I am really looking forward too, thanks so much TotallyAngelic :hippie:

:welcome: aboard Margaret & Norman. What a great way to celebrate your Anniversary & Birthday. :lovestruc

I would just like to find a doctor who listens and cares. The two pain management docs we've seen have been ridiculous! The first one doesnt have time so her physician's assistant who is a) young, b) inexperienced, and c) impatient saw Steve mostly. The new guy who I was really hoping would help doesn't understand how long it takes to get into a neurosurgeon. Yep, so far we are batting 1,000!

I'm just hoping I have the patience to get him to sign the paperwork we need tomorrow BEFORE I tell him exactly what I think of him. Fortunately, DH is looped on pain drugs, but that leaves me as the only adult in the room!

Breathe in, breathe out, I am serene and in control.......

Karen

:grouphug: I hope things get easier soon.

I can't believe it's Monday already....where did that weekend go, it seemed to fly right past me! :duck:

Happy Monday all. :rolleyes:

Hello my names Margaret and I will be traveling on the WBTA with my DH Norman ( grumpy1234) , this is our first Disney cruise and we are celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary and my birthday.I am now getting excited with only 166 days to go ! Although I have been reading the Dis boards I am a bit of a technophobe, but I just want to say Hi and hope that I (we) can become involved in some of the events taking place. We will be doing the Dolphin tour which I am really looking forward too, thanks so much TotallyAngelic :hippie:

Welcome aboard Margaret and Norman :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

we're both just overgrown 5-yr-olds with credit cards. ::yes:: :teeth:

Love that description ... sounds very familiar :rotfl2:

Hi there, welcome :) We are Mary and DH Stevie. What a fantastic way to celebrate your special occasions, you will have an amazing trip :cool1:

You've got 2 weeks - why not have a week of each?

:lmao: I never thought of that !!! Thanks :thumbsup2

to be honest i dont really care what he thinks about the magnets, they make my door MUCH easier to find!

I agree - the magnets made it so easy to find our room! (Especially after an evening in Rockin' Bar D!) :dance3:

WAHOO for the Rockin' Bar D! I'm with you....our door was the easiest to find....I had the WHOLE door covered with magnets! lol The kids loved looking at them. Had a lot of compliments on it too....I had even made a magnet frame that I put the quote of the day on it. Now, the adults loved that and laughed at the quotes. It was a lot of fun to do.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: I'm glad I'm not the only one who uses the magnets to find my way home, I have an awful sense of direction :rotfl:

We always use an A4 magnetic whiteboard on our door and it's amazing how many random people leave you messages every day. On last year's WBTA, our neighbours all wrote on it :)

I can't believe it's Monday already....where did that weekend go, it seemed to fly right past me! :duck:

Happy Monday to you too :) it was a really quick weekend

Hi there and welcome to our fabulous group!!

Does anyone have the link for the next thread? We really *shouldn't* post beyond 250 pages here.

It doesn't really matter continuing on this thread until the Mods close it. On last years WBTA thread we often went to well over 250 pages. We always said it was because they liked us :rolleyes1 and we were special!! :dance3: However once we get to 250 Karen could let the Mods know, but they do get there and find the thread eventually.

Re doing magnets for doors etc. I use Photoshop CS3 on my Mac, it's one confusing programme. I get by - just :)
My DH just :rolleyes: at me when I am doing them.

Originally Posted by magic123
Hello my names Margaret and I will be traveling on the WBTA with my DH Norman ( grumpy1234) , this is our first Disney cruise and we are celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary and my birthday.I am now getting excited with only 166 days to go ! Although I have been reading the Dis boards I am a bit of a technophobe, but I just want to say Hi and hope that I (we) can become involved in some of the events taking place. We will be doing the Dolphin tour which I am really looking forward too, thanks so much TotallyAngelic
Welcome onboard :wave:

I know..I woke up this morning had to really think what day it was:blush:

I'm just waiting for 11am so I can do our ADR's, fingers crossed I get what we want.

I killed two printers feeding magnetic paper through - now I print on photo paper (crisp images), cold laminate and then attached magnetic backing.

I like groups of 12 cabins - then if anybody wants to have a bigger group, then can sign up for multiple FE groups. Never seen it done this way before, but it makes a lot of sense, especially in this day of baggage limits.

And I am so much a "this is supposed to be fun" concept with FEs and we're on vacation - no way would I want to be told I have to deliver on certain days. Might not mesh with my relaxation time.

I have heard that the magnetic paper doesn't work with all printers, but I can't get it out here anyway, so I'm planning on doing the laminating thing. I agree, I'd like to just deliver them when we have a moment.

Welcome Margaret and Norman! :cheer2: How fun to be able to celebrate on the cruise!

Going for a ladies night out/sleepover tonight with some American ladies in the city, and I'm sure I'll have to read all day tomorrow to catch up!:dance3:

I did Karen, everything I wanted at all the times we wanted too:)

Just got to ring Member Services now and pay for the Dining Plan..

I know..I woke up this morning had to really think what day it was:blush:

I'm just waiting for 11am so I can do our ADR's, fingers crossed I get what we want.

It's really thrown me today, it didn't even feel like we had a weekend. :headache:

Glad you got your adr's sorted. :thumbsup2 I'm having trouble with it as it's not recognising my reservation number, I rented points off someone and have the number but it's not working. :headache:

I did Karen, everything I wanted at all the times we wanted too:)

Just got to ring Member Services now and pay for the Dining Plan..

Glad you got your ADRs :thumbsup2

It's really thrown me today, it didn't even feel like we had a weekend. :headache:

Glad you got your adr's sorted. :thumbsup2 I'm having trouble with it as it's not recognising my reservation number, I rented points off someone and have the number but it's not working. :headache:

Oh no !! :eek: Are you able to contact your person you rented them from to check the details quickly, so you are not hanging around getting frustrated? Nightmare :sad2:

Oh no !! :eek: Are you able to contact your person you rented them from to check the details quickly, so you are not hanging around getting frustrated? Nightmare :sad2:

It must have heard me cursing as I tried it again and it worked. :cool1: I've done mine now & got everything I wanted. :dance3:

Have you booked any Mary?

Thank you :)
It must have heard me cursing as I tried it again and it worked. :cool1: I've done mine now & got everything I wanted. :dance3:
Phew Claire, I would've been having pink kittens. Glad you got sorted.

We're thinking on doing the Spirit of Aloha show...has anybody done it and is it worth paying to sit in section 1 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter