September 12, 2004 Roll Call 9-12-2004 9-12-04 (the "GO AWAY IVAN" Cruise)

We're Deck 5 Aft, too, in #5124 and we just can't wait. Our travel agent PROMISED we'd have our docs tomorrow. I'm a Capricorn... I don't wait well!!!!!!:rolleyes1
See you all soon!

Hey Donna! I too am a Capricorn.... waiting, worrying...

Got my first set of documents yesterday :bounce: :Pinkbounc

Now waiting for the second set, my DS & DH hopefully today!

Has anyone started packing yet?
Kathy

Urg - Still no docs here yet, DH called Costco yesterday, the TA called disney and they weren't even due to print the docs until this Friday 8/27! - then they send them to Costco! So Costco asked Disney to send directly to us. Hope they arrive soon! We are leaving the 9th, to do Land/Sea....Part of the fun is getting the docs a few weeks prior to cruise to create some "Magic".

We haven't started packing yet, but have picked up a new digital camera to capture all the fun. Anyone else picked up some fun toys for the cruise?

Cathy

Wow I can't believe you are waiting so long for your doc's, Hopefully that means you got an upgrade!!

We just bought our DD4 an Aurora costume for the cruise, she is so excited. I think we will also pack her a Minnie Mouse costume to wear for fun.

Other than that we have bought just the normal things I think...a couple of underwater cams and a disposable camera to give my daughter to take pics of her friends in the kids club. (I figured I will just write her name and our room # on it so it gets back to us if she forgets it).

I also got a sample size of Tide detergent from Target that does 4 loads, so that I can hand wash our swimsuits in the sink to get the chlorine and salt water out before repacking and pretreat any bad food stains.

Thats about it so far, I just can't wait to be leaving for the airport. :wave2:

:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

Got DH & DS cruise docs today! We're all set.
Went "Cruise Shopping" @ Target.
Got a great clearance deal on Snorkel gear for all of us (9.00 for kids & $13.00 for us) and a great fold up float for the baby. Finalized ressies for
Comfort Suites @ Paradise Island... I am too excited for words!

Our first day of school is the 7th... but really, do any of us care? Nope, counting down to the 10th when we hit the road!

Glad to hear that you got your docs...We are really looking forward to this cruise. The only thing I have packed are a few odd and ends for my dd. :wave2:

Bumping this up as we are off two weeks from today. I hope any "weather trackers" keep us posted!

Do any of you lug your own Water floats, toys for kids?
I just remember the last time it seemed such a hike after a day of fun in the sun to lug & carry those tubes back. (I was traveling alone with a Five year old)
Broke in our snorkel gear, packed one bag.... let the countdown begin!:wave:
Kathy

So do we want to set up a place where we all can meet and say hello?

I'll be the guy with a big smile on his face (when there is not food in it) come say hello to me!!:earsboy:

Steve

Docs finally arrived! Yeah! No upgrade -- but we are on deck 6 w/verandah already!

We arrive at Beach Club on 9/9!

We're not real good on get-togethers but if someone names a place, date and time we will try!

Have to admit that I've started packing... I've had a special "cruise drawer" going for a couple of months now. Shhhh - don't tell DH, he already thinks I'm a nut case!

Only 12 days to go now! Move along "Frances" and let's let the coast be clear for smooth sailing!!!

Just giving this thread a bump even though I'm not on this cruise - LOL - I'm on the 9/9 Wonder - but there's somebody else on your cruise lookin' for you guys :)

I know everyone on the Sept 12th cruise is waiting to see what will happen and what kind of destruction Frances is going to create. I am thankful I have the oppurtunity to be able to cruise but feel for all of the people who are going to be affected by this hurricane. :(

Okay, I guess we will know the impact by Sunday or Monday. We leave on Thursday the 9th for the Land Sea. I hope there is not major destruction, sounds like everyone is taking the warnings seriously and preparing.

We might end up on a cruise to nowhere as well, fine by me! Maybe they will even offer us the 25% off re-book discount!

cmdobrien - My husband is hoping they will extend the discount for rebooking since we already plan on rebooking another cruise for 06'. Pixie dust coming your way for the land portion of your trip.

Count us in -- we're going too! Me, DH, DD (also 4), and DS (8 months)! diznylnd, now I'm wondering if I should bring DD's sleeping beauty costume too. I was trying to avoid packing it, but she'll be heartbroken if she is left out of the excitement. Are you flying out of LAX too?

See you in a week,
Jennifer

:sunny:

Hoping that everyone in Florida fares well.

Please if anyone hears anything about how our cruise will be affected please post is ASAP.

We are leaving on Friday the 10th. We're driving down from NY!
Trying to figure out if we need to adjust our departure date/time
due to hurricane related damage to roads.
Thanks! Kathy

TinkerKat - I Know what you mean about adjusting your traveling time. We drive down next Saturday and wondering if we should leave earlier than that. Everything is wait and see.

JennsBabySky - I would bring her Sleeping Beauty costume. My 4yr old dd is so excited about wearing her Cinderella and Tinkerbell costumes. I just could not dissappoint her by telling her no. We will just have to make more room! LOL!!

:tongue:

Hello to all! Well we are sitting watching the weather channel here in southern California waiting to see what will happen with Charley and our cruise. We are hoping all goes well, as this is our first ever family vacation. Our DD4 is on the countdown and so excited. (so are we!!)

Jennsbabysky- We are leaving from LAX on Sat the 11th at 10:25 pm. We are packing our DD4 an Auroura and Minnie mouse costume. So we hope to see your little girl dressed up to! Little girls just dream of being a princess princess:

As for everyone else have safe flights and drive safe and we hope to see you all on the Wonder on schedule. It will be fun to make some new friends onboard.
::MinnieMo

f786ce3c.jpg

Watching and waiting on pins and needles here in PA! Not only do we have the aftermath of Frances to worry about, now ole IVAN is looming. We fly out Saturday morning and are staying at Ron Jon that evening.
Let's keep our fingers crossed for everyone's safety - and for a somewhat "normal" cruise. Does anyone know the status of Castaway and/or Nassau yet?

Okay, At this point I am getting frustrated that Frances is moving so slow. I had expected her to be out of Florida by now....We are scheduled to leave Thursday the 9th for the land/sea. If Frances does not make it until Monday, how will the Wonder doc to let the current cruisers off, and what if Port Canaveral is damaged? I do think CC is out, but hoping we will maybe visit cozumel?

I did read on another board that apprx 500 folks got off in Galveston & went to Houston Airport to catch transportation home. Imagine actually wanting to leave the ship?

I guess I just need to be more patient, but we haven't had a vacation in a year, and with all the multitasking I do at work, this is badly needed.

By the way, girls are not the only ones who 'costume up'. My DS5 wore his Buzz Lightyear a few evenings on the Wonder last year. He loved everyone calling him buzz! It is already in the suitcase ready to roll for this trip! (along w/Rain gear - which is kinda tough to find out here in AZ)

Has anyone been contacted by Disney or a TA yet? I kinda thought they might be busy with the cruisers for next week, so I have not called yet. Will wait until Tuesday.

Cathy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter