September 2011 - The Planning Continues! (2nd Thread)

Hi :) Just noticed there was a new thread.

Does anyone have a excel spreadsheet they could send me?

ForTheLoveOfDCL, I just realized that you are going to be at Pop at the exact same time as me! You get an extra day, but I won't begrudge you!:lmao: It's funny that this makes me so very happy! :woohoo:

From the old thread:

I wanted to let everyone know that ordered pins that my friend had her baby yesterday, 2 weeks early. I know that she got some of the pins out, maybe even all of them. I wanted to tell all of you not to worry, you'll get your pins before September. :rotfl: She has a baby girl!

I got mine yesterday too... congrats to your friend!

I had a very exhausting weekend!! Dress rehearsal and recital for Mikella, and soccer for both Alex and Kailin. Plus, I started feeling run down Saturday evening....been doing a lot of extra sleeping on top of everything else. Still don't feel very well.....mainly just sinus and allergy stuff. If our weather would decide what it wants to do and STICK with it, I'd be ok....but I can't handle it snowing one day and then people out mowing their lawns the next. lol :sad2: I have some big assignments for school this week as well, so I may not be on here much. :guilty:

I know what you mean about sinuses and the weather ... I've had a constant sinus headache for a week! Hope you're feeling better very soon!

here is a great seller of them
http://cgi.ebay.com/18K-WGP-PEARL-C...770?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43a6871e2a

You buy them to place the pearl you get if you do the pick a pearl exhibit in the Japanese store at Epcot :)

That's very cute, might get them for my girls! Thanks for posting this link ...

ForTheLoveOfDCL, I just realized that you are going to be at Pop at the exact same time as me! You get an extra day, but I won't begrudge you!:lmao: It's funny that this makes me so very happy! :woohoo:

That's what I love about the DIS, you chat for months even yrs (especially cruises) and you get to know each other and then you meet....kinda like pen pals from when I was a kid...I love that. Kinda a social person anyhow if you didn't figure that out :confuse and my kids have made some awesome friends as well. MyDD(!11) texts and facebooks her friends from NY and California that she has made. I now have friends in England, NY, and California, Alabama, TN...all people I met from our 2009 cruise. It's awesome!!:)

I haven't been on the boards for a few weeks (life has so rudely gotten in the way!), but I have enjoyed reading up on everyone's plans! Great to see all of the September travellers! :)

I so wish I was the sewing/creative type... I've really enjoyed all of the pictures of the clothes and outfits everyone has created. Kudos to you all!!

The time is counting down quickly. I can't believe we are already over halfway through April. September cannot get here soon enough, though. After all of the insanity lately, I'm just looking forward to getting back to my happy place, even if it is over 130+ days away.

just posting to subscribe to this new thread! cant believe its only the middle of april and we're already on a new one! :rotfl: i wonder how many more we will go through by september!!

Sorry forgot to put where we are staying!!!! We have a studio at AKV :thumbsup2

So excited. Any DISmeets going on??

That's what I love about the DIS, you chat for months even yrs (especially cruises) and you get to know each other and then you meet....kinda like pen pals from when I was a kid...I love that. Kinda a social person anyhow if you didn't figure that out :confuse and my kids have made some awesome friends as well. MyDD(!11) texts and facebooks her friends from NY and California that she has made. I now have friends in England, NY, and California, Alabama, TN...all people I met from our 2009 cruise. It's awesome!!:)

I'm beyond social, as long as it doesn't involve me speaking into a phone!:laughing: Text I do, but I have a phone pretty mush glued to my ear all day at work, so I pretend mine doesn't exist when I get home, other than for texting! I have the feeling I'm going to be stalking you, and everyone else in this group, on the hunt for pink and green pins! :rotfl2: I got my pins today, so I'm super dee duper excited. They're really cute! I agree, I love actually putting faces and voices and human names to screen name and avatar! So now my wanderlust has kicked in again and I'm ready to go! Come on, September! BTW, since I can't remember if I HAVE formally introduced myself, feel free to call me sillylily if you prefer it. Most people call me Vanessa. :cool1:

I just posted on the old thread so I hope that's not completely dead yet!

I too can't believe how fast time is going. Although we had snow today, it'll be summer before we know it! My DH and I got a great deal on a 2 night stay in the Dells this summer so we decided to do that as a trip for just the 2 of us and that will help break up the long wait til September even further.

So.....it's 5am and I just dropped my daughter (Kailin- 13) off at school for a big field trip to Chicago today. Thought maybe I could hitch a ride and go to the Disney outlet while the kids are all at the museums and aquarium......but I guess not?! What's wrong with teachers these days? Sheesh! :lmao:

Hey Michelle! Maybe you posted an answer to this on the other thread and I missed it, but what dance competition will you be at in Chicago in a couple weeks? :upsidedow Just curious!!

Hey- if anyone is interested in watching a couple quick youtube videos from my daughter's dance recital this weekend, just let me know. I think I can figure out how to post links here. Her solos were okay....she forgot a few parts of them, and made some steps up. LOL! She's only 5, and has about 4-5 routines to memorize at a time. (She did 4 in the recital on Sunday....2 class routines and 2 solos). I think she does pretty well and definitely has stage presence! Her VERY FIRST solo debut was last April for Spring recital. She performed a lyrical jazz dance to "A Whole New World". Nobody could believe she was only 4 years old! The very next day she and I headed to WDW.......ohhhh, how I'm reliving the dream.....ahhh. Wish we were there right now!! :love: :cloud9:

I stayed in touch with some dining room table mates from our very first DCL cruise in 2002 for quite awhile via email. That was pre-facebook years. :laughing: I haven't talked to them in ages, but I bet if we would have had FB at the time, we'd still be in touch! Gotta love FB!

My older daughter, Kailin, met some girls on a trip to WDW with my dad/step-mom and niece a few years ago. They exchanged email addresses and kept in touch that way. On Kailin's 13th birthday I let her start a FB page and those girls were one of the first ones she located on FB. She still keeps in touch with them! Disney friends are some of the BEST out there!! :tink: :cheer2: :grouphug:

I stayed up all night doing homework!! :surfweb: You ladies have a WONDERFUL day! I'm going to B-E-D!! Gotta work tonight! Boooooo!!!

Forthelove - those soaps are on amazon :) I was going to reply on the first thread but you mentioned leaving for this one
Thank you, I was just confusing myself:rotfl: Thinking" Ok did I respond to that, or which one was that person on":lmao: Old age!!:confused3
Hey Michelle! Maybe you posted an answer to this on the other thread and I missed it, but what dance competition will you be at in Chicago in a couple weeks? :upsidedow Just curious!!
Starpower is the company. It's in Aurora, the 29th, 30th and 1st. We haven't gotten the schedule yet so I can't plan out my chicago shopping time:scared1: I hate that about the competition companies, they wait till the last minute , like I don't have anything to do while I am there but there comp:sad2: I think my daughters team(we have 4 teams) will dance on the 29th only just from past experience. Syd doesn't have her normal solo this yr as they went to Nationals last yr and she skips the yr following Nationals. I keep checking their site daily praying for the dance schedule.
Hey- if anyone is interested in watching a couple quick youtube videos from my daughter's dance recital this weekend, just let me know. I think I can figure out how to post links here. Her solos were okay....she forgot a few parts of them, and made some steps up. LOL! She's only 5, and has about 4-5 routines to memorize at a time. (She did 4 in the recital on Sunday....2 class routines and 2 solos). I think she does pretty well and definitely has stage presence! Her VERY FIRST solo debut was last April for Spring recital. She performed a lyrical jazz dance to "A Whole New World". Nobody could believe she was only 4 years old! The very next day she and I headed to WDW.......ohhhh, how I'm reliving the dream.....ahhh. Wish we were there right now!! :love: :cloud9:
oh of course as a competition dance mom I am interested in watching her fabulous performances. :lovestruc Awesome that at 5 she has solo's. I see a competition dancer in ur midst!! Stage presence(why does that not look rt):confused: is 70% of the battle. That makes up for any mess ups cause they connect with the judges with their stage presence. Syd never freezes or forgets, her only problem is occassionally getting ahead of count:eek: Not sure how ready they are this yr. This comp is 3 wks earlier then the city we normally go to. Also Syd's dance team isn't the ones in the Studio every day 3 hrs a day(except this wk) like most studios we go up against. Her dance teacher believes they need to have a childhood and also partake in other sports if they choose. I hear the other studios yelling at their kids in the halls. Do we place fairly well, Yes but we don't always take home first...which is fine....it's all in the experiences!!:love: And I rather Syd be able to do other things she loves as well:thumbsup2
I stayed up all night doing homework!! :surfweb: You ladies have a WONDERFUL day! I'm going to B-E-D!! Gotta work tonight! Boooooo!!!

Sleep well.....TTYL

Good morning all! :wave2:

Trying to keep up with the two threads :surfweb:....the original one is still open

Have we officially moved to this thread now? :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter