September 2011 - The Planning Continues! (2nd Thread)

How funny!!! I am going to Myrtle Beach with Norma and her family. My husband and son are staying home so it will just be me and my 2 girls. What hotel are you staying at? I think Norma says we are at Compass Cove. I have never been so it should be really fun:goodvibes. Michelle are you and the girls packing so you can meet us down there too? The more the merrier....there's always room on the floor:upsidedow or in the bathtub:hug:

Myrtle beach sounds so nice right now, this weather sucks! Hoping for some sunshine Friday when I'm home with the kids...

Myrtle beach sounds so nice right now, this weather sucks! Hoping for some sunshine Friday when I'm home with the kids...

The weather here in Syracuse ALWAYS sucks!! Did you hear the huge thunderstorm last night? I swear it lasted for hours. I really need some sunshine or I am going to go CrAzY!!!!:dance3: Hopefully it doesnt snow on Mothers Day like it has the past couple of years:eek:

How funny!!! I am going to Myrtle Beach with Norma and her family. My husband and son are staying home so it will just be me and my 2 girls. What hotel are you staying at? I think Norma says we are at Compass Cove. I have never been so it should be really fun:goodvibes. Michelle are you and the girls packing so you can meet us down there too? The more the merrier....there's always room on the floor:upsidedow or in the bathtub:hug:

You will LOVE Compass Cove! We stayed there two years ago. It's in a great spot, especially if the kids want to go down to Family Kingdom for the amusement park evenings that seem to get us every time we get close to the boardwalk! :banana: They've got a good restaurant onsite, and an out of the way raised sundeck for people watching. We're at the Sandy Beach Resort this year, I wanted a kitchen so I could take food down with us for a couple meals. I'm saving my junk food binges until September!:laughing: I'll be easy to spot on the boardwalk or the Grand Strand either one. I'll be carrying a purse with your screen name on it! :lmao: If it makes you feel better, the weather here is already gorgeous, so we should *crosses fingers* look GREAT for that week!:woohoo: It's been in the high 70s/low 80s for about two weeks pretty consistently.

Hey September friends!!!

I ordered some pins for trading tonight from ebay...while I was on there I discovered fireman Mickey pins. :firefight My husband recently joined our town's volunteer fire department...so he was all :scared1:

I asked him which pins he liked and wanted...he said "all of them" :rotfl:
He didn't get into pin trading at all last trip, but now that he has something to look for maybe he will! :lmao:

Yesterday DD1 and I were shopping with my mom at JCPenney's and we found this dress.

0900631b81b3f53eMtif.jpg

My mom had originally wanted me to buy it for DD1 to wear as her 1st Birthday dress but I found one that worked better. So my mom asked me if DD1 needed a dress to meet the princesses in? princess: Duh yeah! :rotfl: It is Cinderella brand and was on clearance. The best part is grandma bought it! :cheer2: So DD1 has a dress to wear to Cinderella's Royal Table.

Yesterday DD1 and I were shopping with my mom at JCPenney's and we found this dress.

0900631b81b3f53eMtif.jpg

My mom had originally wanted me to buy it for DD1 to wear as her 1st Birthday dress but I found one that worked better. So my mom asked me if DD1 needed a dress to meet the princesses in? princess: Duh yeah! :rotfl: It is Cinderella brand and was on clearance. The best part is grandma bought it! :cheer2: So DD1 has a dress to wear to Cinderella's Royal Table.

Wahoo!!!! :cheer2:

Super cute! princess:

0900631b81b3f53eMtif.jpg

That's so pretty! princess:

0900631b81b3f53eMtif.jpg

So cute!

I will pass on the floor or the tub:rotfl: But so looking forward to all we have planned :yay:We are gonna have so much fun and nothing could get any better unless we get FD:dance3:

mickeytop.jpg

Here is the beginning of the shirt I am making. Hope to work on it more today but the orthodontist calls and comp dance taxi, etc!!

You will LOVE Compass Cove! We stayed there two years ago. It's in a great spot, especially if the kids want to go down to Family Kingdom for the amusement park evenings that seem to get us every time we get close to the boardwalk! :banana: They've got a good restaurant onsite, and an out of the way raised sundeck for people watching. We're at the Sandy Beach Resort this year, I wanted a kitchen so I could take food down with us for a couple meals. I'm saving my junk food binges until September!:laughing: I'll be easy to spot on the boardwalk or the Grand Strand either one. I'll be carrying a purse with your screen name on it! :lmao: If it makes you feel better, the weather here is already gorgeous, so we should *crosses fingers* look GREAT for that week!:woohoo: It's been in the high 70s/low 80s for about two weeks pretty consistently.

My BIL has stayed at Compass Cove before and said it's great :cool1: as long as the beach is in front of me..I will be fine:cheer2: this is our third time going to Myrtle Beach and I love it. Maybe we can meet up for dinner one night...we will have our laptop with us..so still connected to Disney:woohoo:

mickeytop.jpg

Here is the beginning of the shirt I am making. Hope to work on it more today but the orthodontist calls and comp dance taxi, etc!!

Your doing a great job Michelle:worship: I would have attempted making shirts again...but life is so busy here:surfweb:now that I found this thread:banana:I am trying to come up with something else to make..just haven't decided what yet :cool1:

0900631b81b3f53eMtif.jpg

So cute...does it come in my size? :dance3:

Okay, so I am trying to make a decision here. We are buying 4 day park passes (regular not park hopper) because my mom and dad don't have the stamina...come to think of it, the sister and her bf probably don't either, to try to do multiple parks in a day. We don't really want to pay for an option we won't really use to it's fullest advantage.

So, Mark wants to go back next year with *his* family (probably not going to happen, but if we wants to go back to disney I'm all for it).

I am wondering if I should buy an 8 or 10 day pass with no expiration? It would be a little more money up front, but it would hedge against the prices going up and guarantee us another Disney trip. Also, if someone gets sick or would rather spend the day lazing around the resort, the money wouldn't be wasted.

What would you guys do?

Jetblue is having a one day sale today for 20% every flight for travel dates in September. Travel dates are 9/7-10/29. I just booked my return flight that I've been watching for over a month now and saved $85 :banana: Hope this helps anyone who hasnt booked their flights yet! Promo code is FALL2011

Okay, so I am trying to make a decision here. We are buying 4 day park passes (regular not park hopper) because my mom and dad don't have the stamina...come to think of it, the sister and her bf probably don't either, to try to do multiple parks in a day. We don't really want to pay for an option we won't really use to it's fullest advantage.

So, Mark wants to go back next year with *his* family (probably not going to happen, but if we wants to go back to disney I'm all for it).

I am wondering if I should buy an 8 or 10 day pass with no expiration? It would be a little more money up front, but it would hedge against the prices going up and guarantee us another Disney trip. Also, if someone gets sick or would rather spend the day lazing around the resort, the money wouldn't be wasted.

What would you guys do?

We bought no expiration tickets last time we went. The pros are - it saves money on tickets. Also it makes planning for subsequent vacations seem more doable because you already have that part paid for.

Conversely, you already have your tickets so if they offer free dining or some other package deal, you would have to buy 2 days again to take advantage. You can still use room discounts though.

When they first released free dining I was bummed that we already had the tickets, but now am happy that we had that whole part of our vaca paid for and we are going to stay off-site and try more room for less money.

If I had to do it all over I would definitely drop the hopper but keep the water park fun and more. :cool2:

Hey..my name is Norma...I am going to Pop with my friends, Michelle (Fortheloveof DCL) and Robin (disneydiva16):banana: I never find time to get on this thread..but I am gonna try to be an active member :yay:I'm so busy:surfweb: We stayed at POP one other time (2004) and had a great time..coming this time with my DH (Ted) DS (Justin) and DD (Taylor) we are surprising the kids at the airport :woohoo:can't wait

:welcome: I have you added to the first post, but I was wondering if you wanted me to add your dates. It sounds like you're going to fit right in here.

Just booked flight for 9/29 - 10/3, participating in the Wine & Dine 1/2 Marathon. Hoping to stay at Wilderness Lodge or Villas, but waiting for AP Fall Rates to be released!

:welcome: I have you added to the first post!

I don't know how to get the old thread closed, but I posted that we have all officially moved over to here and I put a link. Yay!!! :dance3:

Thanks, MamaJessie!

We've stayed off site before and were fine, but trying to fit everyone into one vehicle made it a little problematic with everyone coordinating and it was hard when some people got tired and others were still hyper.

Being on property for us means that with a larger group no one is tied to a "time to go".

Also, by the time we got back to the condo, we were usually too tired to go back out! :sad2:

I am actually hoping that once my parents and the kiddos peter out, DH and I might get some evening alone time in the park!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter