• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

September 2011 - The Planning Has Started!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We got some good news... neither myself or DM is very comfortable with flying, so we plan on driving. However, our van is getting on in years... it is now 14 years old and has made several trip to Disney. Over the last year or so we have had to repair it numerous times for standard stuff like broken belts... but has been running into a bit of money! Not to mention that the last time it was more than 100 miles from home it broke down and cost us an arm and a leg to tow and fix it.. So needless to say, I was concerned about it making another trip to florida. We had another car, but it was too small for such a long journey, no cruise control and no room for DMs WC. Friday we finally got approved for a newer vehicle... we are now the proud owners a 2006 Chevy Trailblazer.... with many perks added in!

Nice ride!

Lemonsours~I am from the Syracuse area also. We live in Liverpool and my friend who I am also traveling with lives in Camillus. Are you staying at POP? I havent really read through this long thread yet. so you probably already said where you where staying.:upsidedow

we are now the proud owners a 2006 Chevy Trailblazer.... with many perks added in!

trailblazer.jpg
Nice truck :thumbsup2 I have an 05' trailbalzer and I love it!! Mine looks just like yours, as mine is silver too.

Lemonsours~I am from the Syracuse area also. We live in Liverpool and my friend who I am also traveling with lives in Camillus. Are you staying at POP? I havent really read through this long thread yet. so you probably already said where you where staying.:upsidedow

Pay attention----:lmao: First page tells you where everyone is.....gosh I can't let you outta the home can I?:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

I am so sorry for Robin's stupid questions....I try to help her but she is a lost cause!!! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

U know I love you Robin:love: And Hmmm ur traveling with me too:sad1:

Just finished 12 bleach shirts for our college's hospice fundraiser - let me tell you - what easy shirts to make - just cut the outline of a butterfly out of cardboard - put it on top of the shirt & sprayed around it with bleach... simple simple simple... can't wait to make them for our trip to DW... will post pics once the dry...

think i need a weekend from my weekend - 2 dresses & 12 shirts... bwah... thank goodness next weekend is a super long weekend :)

Excellent news for us... earlier this week I checked airfare (like I've been doing 2-3 times a week for the past 6 months) and Allegiant had nonstop flights from DSM to Orlando for $50.99 each way. The only problem was that Allegiant doesn't fly DSM to Orlando on Friday, like we'd originally planned so somehow I was able to talk DH into adding 2 days to the front of our trip. So now our vacation will begin on Wed 9/14 instead of Friday 9/16 and we'll be at Disney for 10 days instead of 8. Yippee!!

It makes sense to add two days to your vacation in order to save a couple hundred bucks, right? In my vacation-loving mind it does! :rotfl2:

Congrates on getting such a great deal on airfare and adding 2 days :banana::banana::banana:

just completed another dress - way too big on my girl - gonna see how it fits DD's BFF Dela (who is coming with us) and if necessary recruit my mom to help me take it in... hard to say though - there are still 5 months for them to grow... lol

110417-113724.jpg

DD said she wouldn't wear it anyways - too big for Winnie the Pooh :confused3

What a cute print!:thumbsup2

We got some good news... neither myself or DM is very comfortable with flying, so we plan on driving. However, our van is getting on in years... it is now 14 years old and has made several trip to Disney. Over the last year or so we have had to repair it numerous times for standard stuff like broken belts... but has been running into a bit of money! Not to mention that the last time it was more than 100 miles from home it broke down and cost us an arm and a leg to tow and fix it.. So needless to say, I was concerned about it making another trip to florida. We had another car, but it was too small for such a long journey, no cruise control and no room for DMs WC. Friday we finally got approved for a newer vehicle... we are now the proud owners a 2006 Chevy Trailblazer.... with many perks added in!

Only problem, we didn't measure the cargo area and it is too short for her WC.... but we will figure something out for it!!!

:cool1: on the new car!

Need new lists to make huh? What about lists of disney movies that you want to watch or your kids want to watch before your trip?

Budgeting and saving for Disney is one of my favorite things in the world. I love that you ladies are making clothes! Usually cheaper than buying from the store and sooo much cuter! We are officially having our first yard sale on May 7th. Everything we raise will go toward the vacation fund.
Also we just found out that my work offers free cell phone plan to its employees, and a line for a spouse for $20! We have to pay $7 each for texting...so it will be $34 for our cell phone instead of $104 each month from now on!! The savings we are putting in a separate account for home repairs. My boyfriend does local commercials for a branch of MediaCom cable and we also just found out that we are not in their local service area so rather than getting free cable, we get a stipend of up to $75 toward whatever service we want! That money is going to a separate vacation fund!!! Talk about automatic savings!!

That's great that you found so many ways to save for Disney! I need to take some tips for you ;) because I, on the other hand, haven't even managed to get to Disney for vacation yet and somehow I keep spending my Disney money ahead of time (buying pearl carriage cages, new Disney bows for the girls, bought Disney Princess lip glosses, shopping on etsy)...and the list goes on :rolleyes1 :sad2:, LOL

ForTheLoveOfDCL:Have fun at AG! We love that place! So much fun, so much to do! We tend to go fairly often since we're not far from downtown. I have been desperately trying to stay away from the store and website though to save some money for Disney :guilty:...but I did break down and order the wheelchair and feel better kit for DD4 when they had the last free shipping because she loves to play "doctor" now ever since she broke her arm :cutie:

Also, :thumbsup2 to the Disney outlet store! We try to go at least once before our trips to Disney!

Excellent news for us... earlier this week I checked airfare (like I've been doing 2-3 times a week for the past 6 months) and Allegiant had nonstop flights from DSM to Orlando for $50.99 each way. The only problem was that Allegiant doesn't fly DSM to Orlando on Friday, like we'd originally planned so somehow I was able to talk DH into adding 2 days to the front of our trip. So now our vacation will begin on Wed 9/14 instead of Friday 9/16 and we'll be at Disney for 10 days instead of 8. Yippee!!

It makes sense to add two days to your vacation in order to save a couple hundred bucks, right? In my vacation-loving mind it does! :rotfl2:

:banana: Yay for you!!! We almost did this the day before yesterday. We decided not to, we would have to have added 2 nights on the end of our trip. It would have saved us around $250 but we were scared that Disney would have taken away our trip insurance. We're still on the look out for a good deal though.

"It's a small world after all....":rotfl:

Pay attention----:lmao: First page tells you where everyone is.....gosh I can't let you outta the home can I?:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

I am so sorry for Robin's stupid questions....I try to help her but she is a lost cause!!! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

U know I love you Robin:love: And Hmmm ur traveling with me too:sad1:

What's even funnier is it's right in my sig! We'll be at CBR. We considered Pop, but booked under FD, and definitely wanted the regular DDP as opposed to the QS. I had my heart set on POFQ, but the rest of the family ganged up on me and demanded a Pirate room at CBR or I would have to walk the plank!!:lmao:

Also, :thumbsup2 to the Disney outlet store! We try to go at least once before our trips to Disney!

My Mom has one of those near her, and it is very hit or miss. As, I suppose, most outlets are. I do make a point of going every time we go down there, though.

Back with my report from the Disney Store Outlet at Gurnee Mills in Gurnee, IL...

They had some things that were the same as what is in the regular retail stores...pajamas...little play sets, etc.

But...I did get my girls some t-shirts for $4.99 (regular $12.50) !!! And a few for for $2.99!!!!!!

I got a Ariel costume for $9.99 regular $39.99! :cool1:

They had a HUGE section of park merchandise. Most of the shirts said Disneyland on them...but they were only $9.99!!! Some even less...I was tempted as we are going there next year, but I refrained. ;)

I got a few little park things for my girls...pencil packs and things for $1. They had these cute little plastic toys that were Disney transportation...one was a bus and one was a monorail. Probably not something we "needed" but I thought they were fun!

My favorite purchase- a park zip up hoodie that says "Minnie Mouse" across it...and the hood has Minnie "ears" $19.99 from the original $60 something price!

So...that is my report from the outlet. We had fun...and if we go to Great American or Key Lime Cove sometime before our trip I may have to "run" in there and just check and see what they have! :rotfl:

Back with my report from the Disney Store Outlet at Gurnee Mills in Gurnee, IL...

They had some things that were the same as what is in the regular retail stores...pajamas...little play sets, etc.

But...I did get my girls some t-shirts for $4.99 (regular $12.50) !!! And a few for for $2.99!!!!!!

They had a HUGE section of park merchandise. Most of the shirts said Disneyland on them...but they were only $9.99!!! Some even less...I was tempted as we are going there next year, but I refrained. ;)

I got a few little park things for my girls...pencil packs and things for $1. They had these cute little plastic toys that were Disney transportation...one was a bus and one was a monorail. Probably not something we "needed" but I thought they were fun!

My favorite purchase- a park zip up hoodie that says "Minnie Mouse" across it...and the hood has Minnie "ears" $19.99 from the original $60 something price!

So...that is my report from the outlet. We had fun...and if we go to Great American or Key Lime Cove sometime before our trip I may have to "run" in there and just check and see what they have! :rotfl:

Sounds like a great trip and seems like you got lots of great stuff :woohoo:

I so want to go to the outlet now, thanks ;):rotfl:

That's a great haul! The jacket sounds very cute. :thumbsup2

Happy Monday everyone.

We are another that added a night to the end of our trip beacuse we got a awesome airfare deal. We were going to come home Sunday night but know we are coming home Monday morning. We saved almost 600.00 in airfare and it was under 200.00 more for the dining and the room at pop.

Just wanted to edit my ticker went under the 5 month mark!!!

wish we had an outlet mall near us - they just closed the nearest disney store to us... :( think the nearest one now is either Montreal or way south... :eek:

I adore the pooh dress. My DD isn't into princesses, but I bet she'd wear pooh (especially since it isn't pink but blue and yellow!)

What pattern did you use? I like how it turned out and I bet I could do one like it...

In other news, other medieval reinactors didn't know you could CAMP at Disney and are interested in doing the camping extravaganza with me next year! LOL. :cool1:

I'm hoping I can get some insights on my timing... This will be for our arrival day. Is this possible?

Get into MCO at 2:00 and make an ADR at Chef Mickey's at 6:55?

I could make it with two kids in tow, most likely. If your flight lands at 2pm...it took us about 20 minutes to get down to ME and then another 45 minutes or so to get to the hotel, but we left almost immediately after boarding the bus. So, lets say add another 30 minute cushion. That has you arriving at 3:35 approximately. Say 15 to check in (it took us longer because we were new to the whole resort thing and needed all the explanations and our CM was new). So, you get into your room around 4pm. Drop everything off, freshen up and hit the bus to MK to get over to the Contemporary and Chef Mickey's.

It probably won't be leisurely, but it can be done. We decided to forgo table service the first night. Our flight gets in 11:45am, but we decided to just do Downtown Disney and relax the first night and be ready to hit the parks hard first thing Monday morning!

I think you'll be fine.

Jess

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter