September 2011 - The Planning Has Started!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
here is a great seller of them
http://cgi.ebay.com/18K-WGP-PEARL-C...770?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43a6871e2a

You buy them to place the pearl you get if you do the pick a pearl exhibit in the Japanese store at Epcot :)

Yes, that's the seller I used!:thumbsup2

Ahh, I get it now. Those are cute!

Thanks! They looked really cute when they arrived. Can't wait to pick a pearl with the girls in September!

DH and I are having a debate about whether or not we want to do the halloween party. My sister went last year and claimed it was more work than worth. :confused: Thoughts?

For our family, the Halloween party is not to be missed! It is always one of the highlights of our trips. Hallowishes is amazing and the Boo to You parade is fantastic. The decorations, costumes, trick-or-treating...it is such a great time. For us it is definitely worth the extra cost and we could not go to WDW in Sept/Oct without going to the party :yay:
I'm not sure what your sister meant by "more work"? You should give it a try, I bet you'll have a great time :)

Good Morning My September Friends............

Just wanted to share something I came across this am on the DIS boards that I found of interest since I had never heard about it before. I wish I had children traveling with me so we could do this it sounds like a lot of fun.

The Hiding of paint brushes on TSI in MK ....the reward fast passes for the entire family for BTMR or Splash Mt.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2678990

Thanks! I have known about it but in 4 trips we have never seemed to find the time to make it over there. It does sound like fun though! One of these trips we'll have to make a more concerted effort to go to TSI. I don't think you have to have children with you to find the paintbrushes if you wanted to try it on your own :goodvibes

Good Morning My September Friends............

Just wanted to share something I came across this am on the DIS boards that I found of interest since I had never heard about it before. I wish I had children traveling with me so we could do this it sounds like a lot of fun.

The Hiding of paint brushes on TSI in MK ....the reward fast passes for the entire family for BTMR or Splash Mt.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2678990

That sounds like a LOT of fun for the kids... will have to try while we are there.... love neat little activities that aren't necessarily known by all

Thanks for the tip about the paintbrushes! I'd never heard that either and my DD *loves* TSI. :confused3

I bet she and my mother will try for one now that I know about it! I can picture them both with binoculars scoping out likely spots on the raft trip over!

Thanks. We may do this on our MK day!

I need to write a book about life.

Okay, so at 9:30pm last night DD tells me she has a stomach ache and I give her pepto and send her back to bed. She keeps getting up and I get short with her…until 10:30, when she vomits all over (and I do mean ALL OVER) my hall and bathroom. I have sick in places I am not sure I can get cleaned. :scared1:

I get her cleaned up and put her back to bed with sprite and crackers. We watch a few episodes of Avatar and then she starts tossing and turning again and gets sick again on the carpet I just cleaned up. :sad2: I clean the carpet, clean the kid, replenish her sprite and crackers and put her back to bed. It’s now after midnight. Two episodes of Avatar later, she’s finally asleep and I turn off the tv and go to sleep.

Then DH wakes me up at 3 am in a tizzy about a major hailstorm coming and clearing out half the garage so we can put one of the cars away. I might have looked at him with an eat carp and die look. Really? At 3 *ING O”CLOCK IN THE MORNING? Dingbat.

I laid back down to listen to the hail hit (we didn’t get much warning) and he comes in and asks if we should put a cover or maybe one of the camping rugs on the car to protect it from the hail. WHICH IS ALREADY COMING DOWN. I again, said NO, just let it go, dear.

Next thing I know he’s outside and I am wondering if you can get concussed from hail…and if that does happen how I explain to the medical personnel that yes, I knew he’d gone outside, but that I let him lay there until morning as an object lesson.

That’s when DD gets up to go to the bathroom, and comes back to bed just in time to bolt up again and throw up in the bucket I gave her. At 3 am. Poor kid.

Then DH wakes me up at 6:25 to tell me it’s time to get up. He takes out George (our big black goofy dog), lays back down on the sofa...I am assuming he called in (for the first time in a couple of years).

Does anyone else have this kind of idiocy at 3 am? I am guessing that being ill messed up his cognitive reasoning, but there is no amount of coffee that will turn me into a reasonable human being at 3am.

I am determined to find these soaps :love:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938631&pf_rd_i=507846

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938631&pf_rd_i=507846

I checked my local Target today with no luck but I will be checking back frequently! I really want the mickey one that is lemon scented :)

Also, we always bring a new, unopened soap dispenser like these in our luggage to use at the hotel because we don't like using bar soap to wash our hands...especially with the kids, bar soap is too messy. I am so excited to be able to bring mickey handwash this time :yay:
We only use foaming soap for hands and body wash for bodies too cause my kids have exema and bar soap is harsh to them..I have a Mickey bathroom so I would love finding them so I can just replenish it later with a refill from the store. Is Tagret supposed to where you can find them??

Okay, so at 9:30pm last night DD tells me she has a stomach ache and I give her pepto and send her back to bed. She keeps getting up and I get short with her…until 10:30, when she vomits all over (and I do mean ALL OVER) my hall and bathroom. I have sick in places I am not sure I can get cleaned. :scared1:

I get her cleaned up and put her back to bed with sprite and crackers. We watch a few episodes of Avatar and then she starts tossing and turning again and gets sick again on the carpet I just cleaned up. :sad2: I clean the carpet, clean the kid, replenish her sprite and crackers and put her back to bed. It’s now after midnight. Two episodes of Avatar later, she’s finally asleep and I turn off the tv and go to sleep.

Then DH wakes me up at 3 am in a tizzy about a major hailstorm coming and clearing out half the garage so we can put one of the cars away. I might have looked at him with an eat carp and die look. Really? At 3 *ING O”CLOCK IN THE MORNING? Dingbat.

I laid back down to listen to the hail hit (we didn’t get much warning) and he comes in and asks if we should put a cover or maybe one of the camping rugs on the car to protect it from the hail. WHICH IS ALREADY COMING DOWN. I again, said NO, just let it go, dear.

Next thing I know he’s outside and I am wondering if you can get concussed from hail…and if that does happen how I explain to the medical personnel that yes, I knew he’d gone outside, but that I let him lay there until morning as an object lesson.

That’s when DD gets up to go to the bathroom, and comes back to bed just in time to bolt up again and throw up in the bucket I gave her. At 3 am. Poor kid.

Then DH wakes me up at 6:25 to tell me it’s time to get up. He takes out George (our big black goofy dog), lays back down on the sofa...I am assuming he called in (for the first time in a couple of years).

Does anyone else have this kind of idiocy at 3 am? I am guessing that being ill messed up his cognitive reasoning, but there is no amount of coffee that will turn me into a reasonable human being at 3am.

Ok I so don't mean to laugh:rotfl: but I am picturing medical personell finding your DH out under a pile of hail balls.:lmao: I have been there though when the girls vomit I don't give them anything to eat or drink untill the vomiting stops for 3 hrs. I will give them water and if that comes up as well I give them a wet wash cloth to try and keep their mouths moist. I think if she ate the crackers or drank the sprite..you created the repeat vomiting...LOL Well life happens.....I hope you just get a bit of rest and everyone recovers over there!!! I will keep your sanity in my prayers;)

We only use foaming soap for hands and body wash for bodies too cause my kids have exema and bar soap is harsh to them..I have a Mickey bathroom so I would love finding them so I can just replenish it later with a refill from the store. Is Tagret supposed to where you can find them??

I have both and got them from Target. I like the Minnie one better (Strawberry)

I get her cleaned up and put her back to bed with sprite and crackers.

I clean the carpet, clean the kid, replenish her sprite and crackers .

you created the repeat vomiting...LOL ]

Sorry, but yeah. :hug: If you're throwing up you shouldnt eat or drink anything for at least an hour. Also white soda really isn't the best thing for that. Water is best if they can keep it down, then crackers or dry toast. My DD just was sick on Friday. She threw up from 4:30 am to just after noon. I didn't give her anything until 1:00pm. (she wouldn't have kept it down anyway) I did give some pedilyte then, mixed with water.
Hope she feels better soon:goodvibes

Elianor - lol If I told DH he was on fire at 3am he'd give me the evil eye and roll over and go back to bed so it is nothing I'll ever have to worry about. Hope your dd feels better.

We had a long night last night too, DD has been dealing admirably with the pain from the tonsillectomy and adnoidectomy but last night had intense ear pain from it and was crying into the night and woke again at 5 for awhile from the pain of it. So I am very tired today and wasting some time on the dis :thumbsup2

Elianor - lol If I told DH he was on fire at 3am he'd give me the evil eye and roll over and go back to bed so it is nothing I'll ever have to worry about. Hope your dd feels better.

We had a long night last night too, DD has been dealing admirably with the pain from the tonsillectomy and adnoidectomy but last night had intense ear pain from it and was crying into the night and woke again at 5 for awhile from the pain of it. So I am very tired today and wasting some time on the dis :thumbsup2

Good Luck....DD had hers out yrs ago. She only had one miserable nt but she has a HIGH pain tolerance!! Day 7-10 can be bad cause scabs fall off and certain foods can irritate!:grouphug:

I am determined to find these soaps :love:

I checked my local Target today with no luck but I will be checking back frequently! I really want the mickey one that is lemon scented :)

Also, we always bring a new, unopened soap dispenser like these in our luggage to use at the hotel because we don't like using bar soap to wash our hands...especially with the kids, bar soap is too messy. I am so excited to be able to bring mickey handwash this time :yay:

:thumbsup2 These are cool! Thanks for sharing; I'm going to have to stalk my Target now.

Ok I so don't mean to laugh:rotfl: but I am picturing medical personell finding your DH out under a pile of hail balls.:lmao: I have been there though when the girls vomit I don't give them anything to eat or drink untill the vomiting stops for 3 hrs. I will give them water and if that comes up as well I give them a wet wash cloth to try and keep their mouths moist. I think if she ate the crackers or drank the sprite..you created the repeat vomiting...LOL Well life happens.....I hope you just get a bit of rest and everyone recovers over there!!! I will keep your sanity in my prayers;)

I am trying hard not to laugh either, but Elianor did a good job at making it comical. LOL! I would LOVE to be called to the scene of her hubby covered in hail balls. Those are the types of calls that make my job (Paramedic) bearable and fun. I can picture her saying, "What?! I TOLD him not to go out there...." Of course with no SERIOUS injuries, it would be funny. :rotfl2:

Oh, indeed, big black dog and all! (Ours is not George, though, she's Lily, which is where my screen name was born from!) Three weeks ago, both of my DDs took turns with the Norwalk virus, which is closely related to the ever beloved rotavirus. I have never seen so much bodily fluid come out of a human being. It was three days and nights of explosive vomiting and, uh, other stuff that no one really wants to hear about.:rolleyes1 In the midst of it all was the big black booger of furry dog love trying to get up in their beds, and faces, and to help me with the "cleaning" process. Just ick. Luckily, we didn't have storms during all of it, as my DH tends to skip sleep and watch storms, and get a little weirded out by the weather. :rotfl: I hope your daughter is feeling better today, Elianor, sick babies are the pits!

Sorry, MamaJessie, I just saw this! Sending good thoughts your way, tonsillectomies are no joke! I hope your DD is finding relief this evening!:grouphug:

Moving over to our other thread...I am getting confused following both...I keep forgetting who I responded to....LOL

I am posting here although it's risky because maybe everyone has moved to the new thread now?

Back with my report from the Disney Store Outlet at Gurnee Mills in Gurnee, IL...

They had some things that were the same as what is in the regular retail stores...pajamas...little play sets, etc.

But...I did get my girls some t-shirts for $4.99 (regular $12.50) !!! And a few for for $2.99!!!!!!

I got a Ariel costume for $9.99 regular $39.99! :cool1:

They had a HUGE section of park merchandise. Most of the shirts said Disneyland on them...but they were only $9.99!!! Some even less...I was tempted as we are going there next year, but I refrained. ;)

I got a few little park things for my girls...pencil packs and things for $1. They had these cute little plastic toys that were Disney transportation...one was a bus and one was a monorail. Probably not something we "needed" but I thought they were fun!

My favorite purchase- a park zip up hoodie that says "Minnie Mouse" across it...and the hood has Minnie "ears" $19.99 from the original $60 something price!

So...that is my report from the outlet. We had fun...and if we go to Great American or Key Lime Cove sometime before our trip I may have to "run" in there and just check and see what they have! :rotfl:

OMG they have park merchandise? Sweet! We will be going to the Schaumburg IKEA in the next few weeks so we'll have to stop. We go right by the Gurnee outlets.

In terms of what to do to immerse yourself in Disney until it's time, I like to visit wdwnewstoday.com which gets updated a lot and usually a couple times a week they have photo reports of all the new stuff around the parks. The Beasts's castle is up now in Fantasyland and it looks incredible! It's so weird to see that as part of the MK skyline.

It should be time to buy our MNSSHP tickets soon, right ladies? :banana:

I am posting here although it's risky because maybe everyone has moved to the new thread now?

OMG they have park merchandise? Sweet! We will be going to the Schaumburg IKEA in the next few weeks so we'll have to stop. We go right by the Gurnee outlets.

In terms of what to do to immerse yourself in Disney until it's time, I like to visit wdwnewstoday.com which gets updated a lot and usually a couple times a week they have photo reports of all the new stuff around the parks. The Beasts's castle is up now in Fantasyland and it looks incredible! It's so weird to see that as part of the MK skyline.

It should be time to buy our MNSSHP tickets soon, right ladies? :banana:

Fun! Let us know what you find at the outlet!!! :cool1:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter