September 2011 - The Planning Has Started!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's even funnier is it's right in my sig! We'll be at CBR. We considered Pop, but booked under FD, and definitely wanted the regular DDP as opposed to the QS. I had my heart set on POFQ, but the rest of the family ganged up on me and demanded a Pirate room at CBR or I would have to walk the plank!!:lmao:

Sorry!! Sometimes I just look to see where people are from and don't look at the ticker.:)

I have stayed at CBR before and absolutely loved it! We were there before they had the pirate rooms. I would like to go back there again someday. The pool area is really nice!!! For my next visit I would really like to stay at the Wilderness Lodge or Animal Kingdom Lodge. Hopefully someday soon.:goodvibes

I keep sitting here wondering what else I can do that is Disney related to help the time pass or to just be knee deep in Disney-ness. :rotfl:
Here are two things to help pass the time:

1) I love to browse Disney careers just to see what is out there and where:
http://corporate.disney.go.com/careers/

2) I love to browse topics and questions on the Moms Panel:
http://disneyworldforum.disney.go.com/home.aspx

And for those who wanted more lists to create, don't forget to make a list of Character Greeting times, showtimes, and parade times. I use Steve Soares website: http://wdwent.com. He usually posts each Times Guides one week in advance. However, as it gets closer to your travel dates, you can generally count on the times to be reliable.

The first family trip we had to Disney, we were only visiting HS for one night. Well, we found out the hard way that preschooler shows like Playhouse Disney Live on Stage and Voyage of the Little Mermaid weren't showing at night. Since then, his Times Guide has become invaluable!

Okay, so for some weird reason, I forgot I wasn't responding to an email. For clarification, Elianor is my Society for Creative Anachronism (medieval reinactment) persona name. It's weird, I know, but my whole family at this point knows me by both names since I do alot with the medieval group.

My real name is Jess, so I answer to both. I just use the Elianor as log-ins for most sites since it's an odd spelling but easy for me to remember!
I can understand with a super common name like Jess why having an alternate name would be easier for online purposes. I had an ex-bf that did NERO and used his NERO name online (though back in the day it was BBS's, not the internet :rolleyes1 Yeah, I'm old....

But this yr we are gooing with our friends from NY and we are surprising the kids so it is worth the extra to surprise them all together at the DC airport where we all managed to get a layover and get on the same plane...amazing:banana:

That really is amazing!!

We just watched HP7 this weekend so I have been on the uni website and figuring out that part of the trip. Anyone ever do the meal deal there? Trying to decide if it is worth it for us.... I take all these great disney fan sites / vacation sites for granted and when I go to look for uni info it is far less in depth, at least the places I have checked

I wanted to let everyone know that ordered pins that my friend had her baby yesterday, 2 weeks early. I know that she got some of the pins out, maybe even all of them. I wanted to tell all of you not to worry, you'll get your pins before September. :rotfl: She has a baby girl!

Tell her congrats! Hope mom and baby are both doing well

She has 5 months I'm sure I will get the pin in time if it isn't on its way already

I wanted to let everyone know that ordered pins that my friend had her baby yesterday, 2 weeks early. I know that she got some of the pins out, maybe even all of them. I wanted to tell all of you not to worry, you'll get your pins before September. :rotfl: She has a baby girl!

Got my pins today...

Congrats to your friend and her new little princess!princess:

I had a very exhausting weekend!! Dress rehearsal and recital for Mikella, and soccer for both Alex and Kailin. Plus, I started feeling run down Saturday evening....been doing a lot of extra sleeping on top of everything else. Still don't feel very well.....mainly just sinus and allergy stuff. If our weather would decide what it wants to do and STICK with it, I'd be ok....but I can't handle it snowing one day and then people out mowing their lawns the next. lol :sad2: I have some big assignments for school this week as well, so I may not be on here much. :guilty:

I had a very exhausting weekend!! Dress rehearsal and recital for Mikella, and soccer for both Alex and Kailin. Plus, I started feeling run down Saturday evening....been doing a lot of extra sleeping on top of everything else. Still don't feel very well.....mainly just sinus and allergy stuff. If our weather would decide what it wants to do and STICK with it, I'd be ok....but I can't handle it snowing one day and then people out mowing their lawns the next. lol :sad2: I have some big assignments for school this week as well, so I may not be on here much. :guilty:

Awww, try to get some rest, Amy! I'm right there with you; I'm honestly not feeling the Disney mania this week. Instead, I'm trying to open up our pool, work 55 + hour week, two Carowinds trips in the next five weeks (one with oldest DDs orchestra, one with the youngest DDs Safety Patrol), and trying to find time to get ready for Easter. I am just about out of steam. I'll try to take my own advice!:rotfl:

I got my pins today too! :woohoo: They turned out very cute! Congrats to your friend!

:grouphug: Take care of yourself and we'll be here when things are a little less hectic :surfweb: :goodvibes

So, I've been doing a little too much Disney shopping lately :rolleyes1 With the free shipping on Disney Parks merchandise today I decided to go ahead and purchase two of the 2011 WDW lanyards and 2 of the 2011 lanyard pouches for my girls (will be part of their suprise package from Mickey at the resort)...I think I might let them try pin trading this year to see if they enjoy it?! Of course, I guess now I have to buy some pins to get them started :rolleyes:

We went to the Disney store on Saturday and I added some more money onto our Disney gift card :woohoo: and I also picked up the Rapunzel figurine set for DD4 Easter basket and the most adorable lip glosses that look like the princesses ( I picked up one each of Belle and Sleeping Beauty for both DD's)

My pearl carriage cages arrived from ebay today! I bought three of them because I want me and my girls to try Pick a Pearl in Japan for the first time this year :cool1:

And my Dis pins from L-Harper's friend came today too so it's been fun :dance3:

Fortunately, I was able to pick up some shifts at work this week to make up for all this spending I've been doing, lol

I am determined to find these soaps :love:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938631&pf_rd_i=507846

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938631&pf_rd_i=507846

I checked my local Target today with no luck but I will be checking back frequently! I really want the mickey one that is lemon scented :)

Also, we always bring a new, unopened soap dispenser like these in our luggage to use at the hotel because we don't like using bar soap to wash our hands...especially with the kids, bar soap is too messy. I am so excited to be able to bring mickey handwash this time :yay:

So, I've been doing a little too much Disney shopping lately :rolleyes1 With the free shipping on Disney Parks merchandise today I decided to go ahead and purchase two of the 2011 WDW lanyards and 2 of the 2011 lanyard pouches for my girls (will be part of their suprise package from Mickey at the resort)...I think I might let them try pin trading this year to see if they enjoy it?! Of course, I guess now I have to buy some pins to get them started :rolleyes:

We went to the Disney store on Saturday and I added some more money onto our Disney gift card :woohoo: and I also picked up the Rapunzel figurine set for DD4 Easter basket and the most adorable lip glosses that look like the princesses ( I picked up one each of Belle and Sleeping Beauty for both DD's)

My pearl carriage cages arrived from ebay today! I bought three of them because I want me and my girls to try Pick a Pearl in Japan for the first time this year :cool1:

And my Dis pins from L-Harper's friend came today too so it's been fun :dance3:

Fortunately, I was able to pick up some shifts at work this week to make up for all this spending I've been doing, lol

Ok, WHAT are pearl carriage cages?! :confused3 I just may have to do a search on Ebay to see if I can figure out what you're talking about! I'm curious now! :)

DH and I are having a debate about whether or not we want to do the halloween party. My sister went last year and claimed it was more work than worth. :confused: Thoughts?

DH and I are having a debate about whether or not we want to do the halloween party. My sister went last year and claimed it was more work than worth. :confused: Thoughts?

We went to MVMCP last year and it was not worth it...but that's my own fault. We spent the morning at AK (there for rope drop) and went from AK straight to the party. The girls were asleep before 10:30.

That being said, I am doing things right this time and have heard that MNSSHP is not to be missed, and is better than the Christmas party. We are taking the kids to it, and are very excited.

Seeing the parade, trick or treating in MK, seeing rare characters, definitely worth it to us :)

Good Morning My September Friends............

Just wanted to share something I came across this am on the DIS boards that I found of interest since I had never heard about it before. I wish I had children traveling with me so we could do this it sounds like a lot of fun.

The Hiding of paint brushes on TSI in MK ....the reward fast passes for the entire family for BTMR or Splash Mt.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2678990

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter