September 2011 - The Planning Has Started!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hubby and I will be at the Carribean Beach Resort September 19-26. Celabrating my 45th birthday and 17 years of marriage. 3rd visit. Both previous stays at All Star Movies.

Missed out on the FD.....just gambled it. It all worked out great. Nine of us, in a three bedroom treehouse villa at Saratoga Springs; 40% off the room. We are going from September 24 to October 1.

Count us in! Sept. 16 through 24, 6 nights at AKV, 2 nights at BLT. Our gruop is DH (never been), DD3 (never been) and me (haven't been since I was 5, so basically, never been!!)

I am having so much fun planning, but I don't think Sept. will ever get here!

Scoot over---- I'm diving in.:beach:

September 2- 9th, first time at GF with the fam.

Can't wait to sweat with you all!

(Shelly--- I forgot until just now you sent this link to me when Mervin crashed. Here now. Time to plan. Like we haven't already started. ;)Haaaay.:banana:)

Sep 11-16, family vacation at Bay Lake Tower, lets hope the magic of Disney can keep my in laws and parents and step parents from argueing too much.

Scoot over---- I'm diving in.:beach:

September 2- 9th, first time at GF with the fam.

Can't wait to sweat with you all!

(Shelly--- I forgot until just now you sent this link to me when Mervin crashed. Here now. Time to plan. Like we haven't already started. ;)Haaaay.:banana:)

YAY JO is here!! :banana:

Yes, lots of planning has been started. And lots more needs done!! :woohoo:

Sep 11-16, family vacation at Bay Lake Tower, lets hope the magic of Disney can keep my in laws and parents and step parents from argueing too much.

:lmao:

How is everyone's trip planning coming along? Anything you'd like to share with us? Where do you plan on eating? :goodvibes

My planning is going great! :cool1:

We will be at CBR for the first 5 nights with Free Dining. And then the Poly for the last 4 nights on a room discount.

We have been discussing where to eat already! The TS places we would definitely like to do:

Chef Mickey's
Sci-Fi Dine In
Shutters
Turf Club
Kona Cafe

And the maybes:

Crystal Palace
Ohana
Restaurant Marrakesh
T-Rex

Haven't thought much about CS restaurants yet other than we know we will eat at the CBR food court and Captain Cook's at the Poly.

ADR day is sometime late next month! :woohoo:

Then all that will need done is airfare. :scared1:

How is everyone else's planning coming along?

we are going!! This will be our 6th september!
POFQ Feb 17th!!! Can't wait
This year our oldest will be starting college so we will miss him, but my sone will bring a friend. I haven't read all the posts but I can't wait to see where everyone is going to eat!! I really go for the food...lol

we are going!! This will be our 6th september!
POFQ Feb 17th!!! Can't wait
This year our oldest will be starting college so we will miss him, but my sone will bring a friend. I haven't read all the posts but I can't wait to see where everyone is going to eat!! I really go for the food...lol

Do you mean you'll be there September 17th? How long will you be there for? I'd love to hear more about the weather in September!

Just wanted to make sure everyone knows about the new discounts that are out:

Valid for stays select nights 4/28/11-6/14/11 and 8/16/11-10/1/11.

Save up to 35% off the non-discounted price when booking a room at Walt Disney World for stays most nights 4/28/11-6/14/11.

Save 15% at All Star Movies
Save 20% on Select Disney Value Resorts and Port Orleans French Quarter
Save 25% on Select Disney Moderate Resorts, Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge and Polynesian Resort

Save 30% on Select Disney Deluxe Resorts
Save 35% on Select Disney Deluxe Villa Resorts

Save up to 40% off the non-discounted price when booking a room at Walt Disney World for stays most nights 8/16/11-10/1/11.

Save 20% at All Star Movies
Save 25% on Select Disney Value Resorts and Port Orleans French Quarter
Save 30% on Select Disney Moderate Resorts, Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge and Polynesian Resort

Save 35% on Select Disney Deluxe Resorts
Save 40% on Select Disney Deluxe Villa Resorts
Discount Code: The following code can be used for obtaining these discounts by calling Disney directly, or by contacting Dreams Unlimited Travel.

SMP
YW3
This discount must be booked from 1/3/11 to 3/27/11. Discounted rates available most nights 4/28/11-6/14/11 and 8/16/11-10/1/11. There is a limited number of rooms available for this discount. There may be a minimum length of stay requirement for Friday or Saturday arrivals. All discounts are subject to availability, certain restrictions apply.

They are not posted on the WDW site yet, but I just called and was able to use the YW3 code with no problem!

So you can change me to the Caribbean Beach Resort and the Polynesian!! :cool1: (Same dates)

We are now doing 5 nights at CBR with free dining and 4 nights at the Poly with a room discount!!

I wonder if that is better and then buy the DDP....we got it for free! Has anyone done the math.

We will be there 17th-25th and it will be HOT!

I wonder if that is better and then buy the DDP....we got it for free! Has anyone done the math.

We will be there 17th-25th and it will be HOT!

I have done all the Disney math every which way! :faint: It all depends on who is in your party and where you are staying.

For us - If we are staying Moderate it is better to take free dining than to take a 30% room discount. And if we are staying Deluxe it is better for us to take the room discount and pay OOP for food.

As of now, these are the places we plan to eat at:

Boma (breakfast)
Liberty Tree Tavern (lunch), Crystal Palace (breakfast) and Plaza (lunch)
Mama Melrose (lunch)
Yak & Yeti (lunch)
LeCellier (dinner)
Kona (breakfast)
Earl of Sandwich

Some meals will be paid out of pocket

Undecided are Coral Reef, Flying Fish and Via Napoli

Any thoughts on Coral Reef or Flying Fish most welcome

I was well into our plans when we added our 2 nights at AKL onto our vacation. So, it changed our plans. Before DH and I were going to get an in-room sitter so we could go to Night of Joy, but we decided not to do that once we booked 2 more nights. I now want to wait until our first night at AKL to eat at Boma. It feels like these little changes have now changed our whole trip. So, I'm basically starting the planning process over again.

Here are the places that are on our list to possibly eat at. Most are for lunch or dinner, with the exception of maybe 1 character breakfast. We plan on just eating at food courts or QS for breakfast.

-Coral Reef
-The Garden Grill
-The Crystal Palace
-'Ohana's
-Cape May Cafe
-Le Cellier (lunch since it will only be 1 TS credit)
-Garden Grove
-Yak & Yeti
-Chef Mickey's
-Boma

For Counter Service places:

-Main St. Bakery
-Starring Rolls
-Wolfgang Puck Express
-Sunshine Seasons
-Flame Tree BBQ
-Tangierine Cafe

Hi!!
Thanks for adding me!!:flower3:

My thoughts about some of your TS dining-

-The Garden Grill --
have eaten here twice. Good character interaction, great, actually- but the food was not that great IMO. If you have other character meals, you may want to rethink this one.
-'Ohana---
Breakfast or dinner? Dinner is good- it's fun. The bread pudding alone makes me want to go back. :)
-Le Cellier (lunch since it will only be 1 TS credit) --
Some have had not so great experiences here lately, but we have always enjoyed it.
-Yak & Yeti-
Just okay for us, not awful- some people really like it-- we would return. Possibly this trip

For your CS meals- we love Sunshine Seasons- probably our favorite CS and Flame Tree BBQ is good too.

Our meals so far- the places we are planning on returning to:

Kona
'Ohana
San Angel Inn
Liberty Tree Tavern
Le Cellier

the ones we've never tried before but are possibly thinking of:
Grand Floridian Cafe
Narcoosee's
Tony's (Does anyone have any opinions on this place? My son wants to eat there.)

Shelly---- you're still entertaining Marrakesh?? Which chicken dish would you get?
You have to do 'Ohana. I think it's fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter