September 2011 - We are going to Disney World {THIS MONTH}! (Third Thread)

Hey Sillylily...Facebook just told me on this day in 2010 my status was..."Nothing better than Mickey Mail to brighten your day!"

And we left one day later last year than this year...so...our mail is on the way...I feel it! :goodvibes

That's good, it'd better be soon! My DDs and I go walking in the afternoons, and I grab the mail then. Alyssa laughs at me and says I get sad faced every time it's not in there. I wonder how embarrassed she'll be when I'm dancing in the driveway.:rotfl2:

Jana, take care of yourself! I had a bad spell with my first meds, they switched mine late last week and I've been spot on since then. Here's a single digit dance for you!:dancer:

I have changed my dining reservations a million times, that's normal right? :laughing: As a newbie who spends way too much time on this forum it's just so hard to make up my mind!

You are way normal!!

I have changed mine about 5 million times. I am glad they do not put a limit on it. :lmao:

Today we are FINALLLLLY in single digits.....
lets dance....
:banana::banana::banana:

It is also my 40th Birthday!!!
(We will be celebrating it at Disney)

Lookie.... Mickey has a gift for me!!!!

BirthdayMickey.jpg

lets dance....

:bday: Happy Birthday! I love love LOVE today's drawing!!!! :goodvibes

That's good, it'd better be soon! My DDs and I go walking in the afternoons, and I grab the mail then. Alyssa laughs at me and says I get sad faced every time it's not in there. I wonder how embarrassed she'll be when I'm dancing in the driveway.:rotfl2:

I will totally be dancing too!!!! :dance3:

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana: :banana::banana:

8 Days left.... 8 banana countdown!!

I found the perfect DIS alien green nail polish, so when I get my pedi done I will have them use that!!

Got some good news at work (for me at least). This very large account we just got was supposed to start !!!!TOMORROW!!! and they hadn't given us
any info at all..... I was off yesterday, and when I came in this morning I found out they are pushing back their start til Sept 12th!!!!. Which means that I won't have deal with the start up nonsense, because I won't be there! Of course I will have to deal with it when I get back, but my boss has decided that he will take it on as his personal project. Now I will only have to do everything else around here. :rotfl:

Also, I must say I have the best boss EVER!! He just walked in and gave me a bonus, because I have been working my buns off for him this summer, and he knows I have been worried about money!! Makes me so happy and I am so grateful for him!

Jana, take care of yourself! I had a bad spell with my first meds, they switched mine late last week and I've been spot on since then. Here's a single digit dance for you!:dancer:

We shall see with the new med regimen, hopefully I don't keel over while waiting for RD for Soarin or TSM!! That would be tragic :rotfl:
I am happy to hear your meds are working for you now. It is very tricky to get everything right. :goodvibes

11 days. :banana:

Got the welcome letters from mickey written yesterday afternoon and hopefully I will get them printed today. It was basic stuff, glad you are coming, Lightning McQueen said to say hello and stop by to take a picture. DD might see through it, but DS will love it. The packages I am leaving on the doorstep have: trading pins, misting fans, a stuffie for the DD, Tow Mater for DS, colored pencils, an art pad and a deck of mickey cards for DD and markers, a coloring book, and a bright red mickey tshirt for DS.

The bathing suits are packed and the grocery list made and sent to my sister who is picking up the supplies on her way down. Mickey mail has arrived, maps are here, and all the ADRs made.

I am so ready to throw clothes in the suitcase and GO!!!

I just got my Disney documents on Monday:woohoo: I can't believe our trip is so close! We have kept this as a suprise for Kadence for 9 months. I can't wait to see how she reacts:cool1:

I like to add my ADR's;

Sept 22nd- Whispering Canyon @ 5:05pm
Sept 23rd- Sci Fi@ 12:05pm
Sept 24th-Cinderella's Royal Table @ 8:10am
Sept 24th- 1900 Park Fare @ 4:30pm

We leave Sunday morning....I'm so excited...the time is going so SLOW right now....doesn't help that I don't have anything to do at work...and I mean NOTHING !!! Makes the day drag...yet I have so much to do at home....I haven't starting packing yet :scared1: MUST do that tonight.

I wish everyone here safe travels and a magical vacation !!!!

:bday: ShhhQ! Wow, 9 more days!!

I'm back and whoa, new thread!!

DD caught a cold at the birthday party this weekend so hopefully we'll get all that sickness out of our system before we go. I started packing last night and have most of our things all ready to go. One suitcase is 20 lbs and the other is 23 so that's a load off of my mind.

All of you guys finding things at Walgreens are lucky! I went to 2 different stores here last night and they didn't have any window clings out yet so I will have to wait "patiently" on those!

I'm actually feeling a little nervous about Katia, although intellectually I think we'll be fine. Its those darn pre-trip jitters again :goodvibes.

out to sea would be perfect for me because even if she misses Florida her turn makes me nervous she would head up the coast... :scared1:

lets dance....

BirthdayMickey.jpg

Happy birthday - love your drawings... I'd love to be celebrating my birthday in Disney :) Means I'd have to travel in February and the Canadian winters aren't always the best for avoiding travel delays :)

praying it will go more north - away from land - we don't need her... :scared1:

love that we are on another thread :D September DISers rule!!! We got our luggage tags today - now just waiting for Magical Express passes... not long now... 24 days.... :cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

You might want to give them a call just to check on the ME tags. Usually they come about 5 days BEFORE the luggage tags. Wouldn't hurt to check.

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana: :banana::banana:

8 Days left.... 8 banana countdown!!

I found the perfect DIS alien green nail polish, so when I get my pedi done I will have them use that!!

Also, I must say I have the best boss EVER!! He just walked in and gave me a bonus, because I have been working my buns off for him this summer, and he knows I have been worried about money!! Makes me so happy and I am so grateful for him!

We shall see with the new med regimen, hopefully I don't keel over while waiting for RD for Soarin or TSM!! That would be tragic :rotfl:
I am happy to hear your meds are working for you now. It is very tricky to get everything right. :goodvibes

You have such a great attitude about your health issues! I hope you don't keel over either!!!!:eek: What a great boss to have. Makes having to work so much better doesn't it? My DH has a great boss too. Unfortunately she doesn't have the power to hand out bonuses. But she sure gives him a raise when she can.

lets dance....

Just WOW! I also think this is my favorite. But then, I say that to myself every day. You truly outdid yourself today.

And by the way, :bday: I celebrated my birthday at Disney a couple of years ago. It's the best! Make sure you get your "Today is my birthday" button and wear it every day.

11 days. :banana:

Got the welcome letters from mickey written yesterday afternoon and hopefully I will get them printed today. It was basic stuff, glad you are coming, Lightning McQueen said to say hello and stop by to take a picture. DD might see through it, but DS will love it. The packages I am leaving on the doorstep have: trading pins, misting fans, a stuffie for the DD, Tow Mater for DS, colored pencils, an art pad and a deck of mickey cards for DD and markers, a coloring book, and a bright red mickey tshirt for DS.

The bathing suits are packed and the grocery list made and sent to my sister who is picking up the supplies on her way down. Mickey mail has arrived, maps are here, and all the ADRs made.

I am so ready to throw clothes in the suitcase and GO!!!

I am so impressed with your organizational skills!:thumbsup2 I'll be three days into my trip when you arrive, but don't worry, I'll leave some Mickey ice cream bars for ya!:rolleyes1

My younger DD told me last night that she and her sister want to do AK first. When I asked why, she looked at me like I was an idiot. "Expedition Everest at rope drop, Mama!" it warms my puny little heart!:lovestruc 22 more days until I'm off work, 24 until Disney! Watch out, Mickey, I'm coming for you!":woohoo:

My younger DD told me last night that she and her sister want to do AK first. When I asked why, she looked at me like I was an idiot. "Expedition Everest at rope drop, Mama!" it warms my puny little heart!:lovestruc 22 more days until I'm off work, 24 until Disney! Watch out, Mickey, I'm coming for you!":woohoo:

:goodvibes :thumbsup2

I was wondering if any of you have any ideas for me? Here's the scenario: We've kept our first trip to WDW a secret from our kids for the past 7 months. We're leaving in 20 days to start our holiday. :) Our flight leaves Edmonton, AB, Canada at 7:00 am, which means we need to be at the airport by 4:00 am to get through US pre-clearance. The airport is an hour away, so I've booked a hotel for the night before. Our plan was to pick the kids up from school, drive straight to the hotel and have an early supper then quick swim to tire them out and get to bed asap.

I can't figure out what/when I'm going to tell them though. I was thinking I should tell them about the trip in the morning when we wake up to head to the airport as if I tell them the night before they probably won't sleep! But at 3 am I don't know if I'll get the reaction I'm hoping for... Plus I don't know what reason I'll give them for why they're missing school to go stay in a hotel an hour away, I just can't come up with anything as they'll know I would never let them skip school without a really good reason.

Do any of you have any good excuses for me? Or maybe a suggestion on when would be better to tell them?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter