September 23-30, 2017 Disney Fantasy: Tortola/St.Thomas/CC

We are 2 adults also. I'm thinking that there won't be very many kids on the cruise due to the time of year and length of the cruise.

How many cruisers are bring kids?

It will be my wife, our 5yo son, 3yo daughter and less than 1yo daughter. It will be nice if there aren't so many kids on board. We did the 2015 EBPC with our son and daughter, and there were very few kids on board. The kids got so much more attention from the cast, and the clubs were a lot less intimidating for our son who was just under 4 years old.

Ok Cruisers.......

0d745d29-1b84-4702-89c2-729ac5962d1e
upload_2016-9-22_9-32-10.png

Let's come up with a name for our group. The group name for our recent cruise was the Disney Dreamers (we sailed on the Dream).

Suggestions ??????

signed up today. Husband Rich
Wife Sharon (me)
adult high function challenged son (46)
Celebrating 50 years of marriage on September 23,
Awesome, congratulations on 50 and welcome! We also have an adult challenged son who is not joining us. We hope he can soon

Ok. Now that we are less than a year before we cruise, let's get things started! Below is a fact sheet that will help everybody on our cruise get to know each other. Copy and paste with your information. I'll start.

Names - Randy and Cathie
Others sailing with us, names, ages (if kids) – Just the 2 of us and I’m not telling my age
Home town - Delray Beach Florida
How many Disney cruises so far – 15
How are you getting to the Port - driving. It takes us 2 hours and 15 minutes to get there
How many non-Disney Cruises – 1 (a long time ago. Doesn’t count)
Why cruise Disney over and over (for the repeat cruisers) – Impeccable service, “Pixie Dust”, the ships are gorgeous, love meeting new friends, did I mention the service?
Any special occasion – 42nd anniversary
Bringing a costume for Halloween – absolutely! (we have experience on this subject, just ask us)
If bringing children, are they bringing costumes – NA for us
First time on an Eastern Disney cruise – second time for us
Ever been to the islands we are visiting – St Thomas yes, Tortola no
If yes, what excursions would you recommend – I don’t see the excursions we did. Maybe they are different now. Looking forward to Tortola
What’s your favorite thing to do on sea days – satellite falls, champagne tasting, meeting fellow cruisers, movies, naps on deck 4 lounge chairs, repeat
Have you done a Fish Exchange – yes, our first one was September 2016. It was really fun. Would like to try it here
What on board events are you looking forward to – seeing the Fantasy for the first time, Halloween, costume party, trick or treat, Fish Exchange
Anything special on Castaway Cay – a cabana on Serenity Bay
Would you be interested in meeting with others early in the cruise for a meet and greet – absolutely. Let’s schedule a get together on day 2. Maybe breakfast?

Last edited:
Cruisers, what's up? less than a year to go. let's get to know each other.

Ok. Now that we are less than a year before we cruise, let's get things started! Below is a fact sheet that will help everybody on our cruise get to know each other. Copy and paste with your information. I'll start.)

We have sailed on the Dream 4 times to date and the Fantasy 6 times...this number is subject to change as it will be very hard to wait a whole year for our 11th cruise. A long time ago I was a Disney CM and sailed on the Wonder in its inaugural year. But they did not have CC membership back then I guess. :)
We just got home today from this itinerary and though we missed St. Thomas this time due to high winds and a good call by Captain Fabian, we had a fantastic time and booked this onboard a few nights ago. We look forward to meeting you!
Names - Tracey, Dan, Nancy (15 at time of sailing) and Daniel (14 at time of sailing)
– Home town - Orlando, FL
How many Disney cruises so far – 10 *but there are sure to be a few more before we sail on this one again
How are you getting to the Port - driving. 45 minutes to reach PC
How many non-Disney Cruises – 1 ( it was a fun mistake, but not one we have repeated)
Why cruise Disney over and over (for the repeat cruisers) – It is like coming home to family and friends, service, beautiful ship
Any special occasion – My daughter turns 16 but then she has had 3 other DCL birthdays so far....we like sailing in September. Better rates!
Bringing a costume for Halloween – No, we are not really into dressing up. But we enjoy the fun and flair of it.
If bringing children, are they bringing costumes – No
First time on an Eastern Disney cruise – No, this will be the third time, unless we throw in another one between now and September 23rd.
Ever been to the islands we are visiting – St Thomas yes, Tortola yes
If yes, what excursions would you recommend – In St. Thomas, the ziplining and in Tortola the Baths.
What’s your favorite thing to do on sea days – We just hang out and don't plan anything.
Have you done a Fish Exchange – No.
What on board events are you looking forward to – There are so many things that we love to do and with 3 sea days, so much more time to relax and mellow out.
Anything special on Castaway Cay – We like the floats, bikes and Stingray adventure (son and I) If we stay on the ship (which has happened) we like the access to Aquaduck and nearly empty pools
Would you be interested in meeting with others early in the cruise for a meet and greet – Possibly, but first day meet and greets are just too time consuming. The first sea day, there is typically a Gold/Platinum CC meet and greet in the AM so maybe a late lunch or Day 3?? (which is a sea day also.

Hi Tracey and Dan, thanks for joining in. I hope everyone is safe and back to normal after the storm. We are in SE Florida and the "bark" was much worse that the bite. That is not the case for folks north of us. We hope all Disboard members are safe and sound.

Hello friends! Excited to be on this cruise too! It will be our 4th Disney Cruise..(We were on the same cruise as you Sytrace!!) It will be me and my husband, Maricel and Elliot and our two girls, Valentina 10 and Sophia 8. Let the countdown begin!!!

Hello friends! Excited to be on this cruise too! It will be our 4th Disney Cruise..(We were on the same cruise as you Sytrace!!) It will be me and my husband, Maricel and Elliot and our two girls, Valentina 10 and Sophia 8. Let the countdown begin!!!

:) That was a great cruise!

Welcome! We are looking forward to getting to know you and the other 9/23/17 cruisers. It is now 341 days until we depart.

2016-09-28 20.19.30.jpg
Welcome! We are looking forward to getting to know you and the other 9/23/17 cruisers. It is now 341 days until we depart.
Thanks for the warm welcome!!!
Names - Maricel and Elliot
Others sailing with us, names, ages (if kids) – Valentina (10 at sailing) Sophia (8 at sailing)
Home town - Miami but moved to Suwanee GA 4 years ago
How many Disney cruises so far – 3
How are you getting to the Port - Driving ...about 7 1/2 hours. We usually stay at the Beach Club the night before..love!!!
How many non-Disney Cruises – None as a family but many on Carnival years ago....
Why cruise Disney over and over (for the repeat cruisers) – Service, Love everything Disney!
Any special occasion – Family time
Bringing a costume for Halloween – The girls always dress up ...so fun!!
If bringing children, are they bringing costumes – Yes!!!
First time on an Eastern Disney cruise – second time for us
Ever been to the islands we are visiting – Tortola was wonderful. We went to Cane Garden and loved it. Thinking we might go to Brewers Bay next. I've been to St. Thomas but not with family. Unfortunately we didn't get to this time but excited to do ST46 for the next!!!
If yes, what excursions would you recommend – We went out on our own to Cane Garden..easy breezy! 16 round trip for each adult and 8 dollars round trip for the girls.
What’s your favorite thing to do on sea days – Pools, Pet Detective Games, Spa-we bought the day pass but next time it's the whole week for both of us. My husband is especially hooked on the suanas!! LOL
Have you done a Fish Exchange – Yes this past cruise was our first. Honestly, I'm on the fence about doing it again...
What on board events are you looking forward to – Fireworks...Does Cabanas count? lol
Anything special on Castaway Cay – Snorkeling! Planning on renting bikes next time.
Would you be interested in meeting with others early in the cruise for a meet and greet – Maybe!!!

Names - Tammy and Tina
Others sailing with us, names, ages (if kids) – No kids
Home town - Jacksonville Florida
How many Disney cruises so far – 4
How are you getting to the Port - Driving, we live about 3 1/2 hours from port
How many non-Disney Cruises – 1
Why cruise Disney over and over (for the repeat cruisers) – becuase it's Disney !!!!!!
Any special occasion – Loving life
Bringing a costume for Halloween – No
If bringing children, are they bringing costumes – no kids
First time on an Eastern Disney cruise – Yes. Did the western last year
Ever been to the islands we are visiting – No, I have always wanted to go to St. Thomas
What’s your favorite thing to do on sea days – relaxing by the pool with a drink in my hand
Have you done a Fish Exchange – YES !!!! Love it and will be doing for this cruise.
What on board events are you looking forward to – Everything
Anything special on Castaway Cay – Can't wait for the Cookie's BBQ
Would you be interested in meeting with others early in the cruise for a meet and greet – Anything is possible.

Welcome Tammy and Tina! That's great that you love the FE. We did our first one last September and really liked it. As we get closer, we'll get one organized.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter