September is a good time to celebrate 40 & 10! - Updated 9/13

If your boys don't eat well at the meals, pack a sandwich baggie or two.
I definitely plan to do this. But the other thing I'll do is pack peanut butter bc honestly, sometimes they will just want that. I probably wouldn't do that for TS meals (ill order something for them to share) but I'll do it for QS.

As for the tiering, yeh, I wish they would just go ahead and say! So we could all figure out our plans. I could do 1.5 days at AK, as we have 3 days at MK, but I'm not sure if I want to yet.

I fell behind, I'm sorry :o. I actually like your first plan and I'll tell you why-no park on party day. Last time we did MNSSHP the boys were 12 and 9 and we still just chilled during the day so we could stay until midnight and it worked great. BTW, MNSSHP is my absolute favorite thing in Disney!!! I'm so glad you're doing it :hmghost::maleficen
Taking a break is definitely a must if you do decide to go to a park in the morning, and of course you don't have to stay at the party until midnight. But really it goes by SO fast! Trying to get in the parade and fireworks (2 musts) meeting any rare characters, a few trick or treat stations, the stage show, which was still the villain one when we went and not Hocus Pocus but that one looks awesome - 7-12 flies by.

Happy Saturday!
28 Weeks (189 Days) Till our September Vacation!

Well, the snow kind of missed us here in the greater Philadelphia area. We got maybe 2" maybe... But sounds like folks north of us didn't fare as well. We enjoyed a day home, all of us. The girls did some crafts in the morning and watched "shows" pretty much all afternoon. As it was more ice than snow. So, not much to go play in.

So, I jumped over to the MNSSHP forum and floated the idea of Ohana at 3:30 before the party. And they suggested against it. To really try and get there to MK @ 3:30 instead. So, with that, I looked at when else we could do Ohana and have it make sense... I came up with Tuesday, when we get there...

And then @ariane37's recommendation about resting (which I really knew but this is where I always get myself in trouble) I wanted to maybe move Ohana. I know DH "thinks" we should go to a park in the morning. So I will have to see if I can convince him not to. But I can see how it will be strange.. We will be there 6 days and only have 2 full days in parks... At any rate, I am thinking I should choose a early dinner/late lunch reservation that would work whether we go to a park in the morning or not on Friday.

Problem is, I just don't know what that should be?!?

• Kona Cafe
  • Whispering Canyon
We have done Chef Mickey Breakfast and aren't dyeing to do dinner there.
We have done 1900 Park Fare as well, which we loved but the food isn't calling me to come back.

Screen Shot 2017-03-14 at 7.15.13 PM.png

So, this is what I have now. I will have to talk to DH about doing AK in the am or resting... We would need to leave AK by 11:00 - 11:30 to get in a good chunk of rest time. So, I don't know if that will be "worth" it... We could do Magic Kingdom that morning, I think it is EMH at MK that day. That would be easier travel back and forth...

Or maybe we can just do Magic Kingdom that morning as well. That would be a quicker trip back and forth to the WL. I personally am ok with hanging out at the resort but I know DH...

Just more for me to mull over... Sorry for kind of rambling... I keep meaning to finish this post, but I don't like the plan as is. But I am posting because well, not sure I will ever like it. :confused3

Wednesday Update....

I thought about the plan and I made what I hope to be the last of my "tweeks". I took a park out of the NSSHP day and move Trattoria al Forno to that morning. Below is what I sent to DH. Since we are keeping the trip a secret I don't get a ton of time to talk to him about these things. And let's face it by the time the girls go to bed, I am tired....

Tuesday, September 19th:

American Airlines Flight leaves Philly @ 8:39 AM and arrives in Orlando @ 11:10

Take Magical Express to Wilderness Lodge. Should arrive no later than 2:00 PM

Check In, settle in a bit.

Ohana Dinner @ 3:30

Head to EPCOT after dinner via Monorail.

Wednesday, September 20th:

Magic Kingdom all day.

Head to Magic Kingdom in the AM.

Grab lunch @ Columbia Harbor House

Head back to Wilderness Lodge to swim and rest

Head back to Magic Kingdom for Dinner

Dinner @ Skipper Canteen @ 6:00

Stay in park with Extra Magic Hours.

Thursday, September 21st:

Animal Kingdom all Day

Head to Animal Kingdom in the AM

Grab lunch @ Flame Tree BBQ (maybe?)

Maybe head back to Wilderness Lodge to cool off and rest?

Head back to Animal Kingdom of Dinner

Dinner @ Tucker House @ 5:00 or 6:00 (with River of Lights package)

Stay for River of Lights Show and Tree of Light night thing.

Friday, September 22nd:

Not So Scary Halloween Party Day - No park

Head to Trattoria al Forno @ 9:00 for Breakfast - this breakfast is over at the boardwalk. we will need to take the boat to MK and then take a bus to the boardwalk area. But the breakfast will have Rapunzel & Flynn and Tianna & Naveen.

Come back to Wilderness Lodge, swim and relax.

Grab an early dinner @ Geyser Point/Roaring Fork

Head to Magic Kingdom @ 3:30-ish

Enter park @ 4:00 for the party

Party officially runs from 7:00 pm till midnight. - Stay as late as possible without becoming super crabby.

Saturday, September 23rd:

Sleep in and chilll in the AM

Head to Hollywood Studios around noon / lunchtime

Eat lunch at Backlot Express when we arrive. (they have starwars themed food here)

Dinner at Mama Melrose @ 5:00 or 6:00 (with Fantasmic package)

Stay till park close. See Fantasmic and possibly Star Wars Fireworks.

Sunday, September 24th:

Pack and check out of room.

Head to Magic Kingdom for 1/2 day

Possibly lunch at BOG @ noon.

Head back to Wilderness Lodge around 1:00

Magical Express Pick up probably at 2:00

American Airlines Flight leave Orlando @ 5:15 and arrives in Philly @ 7:45

Screen Shot 2017-03-15 at 1.32.42 PM.png

So, let's see if DH approves the plan or throws are wrench into the plans.

Yay! Our trips are going to overlap a little! We can be excited together!

Um, I am drooling over your snack and drink lists. I did not know that a Rum Dole Whip was a thing, but I would like one in my mouth-hole right now. And Carrot Cake Cookie Sandwich? I'm going to spend the next 6 months losing weight only to gain it all back in 2 weeks.

Welcome!!!:welcome:

When do you go? It is def fun to be excitied with someone who is going around the same time. Especially when your DH can only listen to you nit pic at the schedule so mucth!

Yay! Our trips are going to overlap a little! We can be excited together!

Um, I am drooling over your snack and drink lists. I did not know that a Rum Dole Whip was a thing, but I would like one in my mouth-hole right now. And Carrot Cake Cookie Sandwich? I'm going to spend the next 6 months losing weight only to gain it all back in 2 weeks.

I added links in the beginning of the thread as well. I started the lists over on the food forum area. I haven't finished them yet. I want to add pics and stuff. So, any suggestions, please add!

Hopefully from the 9th - 23rd (pending Free Dining dates and availability)! I just started a PTR, but I haven't added it to my signature yet.

Hopefully from the 9th - 23rd (pending Free Dining dates and availability)! I just started a PTR, but I haven't added it to my signature yet.
Let me know when you have PTR started. I will def follow along on your journey as well!

Yay I'm glad you fit the Trattoria Al Forno breakfast in!
I am kind of happy with doing it on the "slow" morning. We can also check out the boardwalk a bit, since we have never been over that way. I am looking forward to seeing how you like the meal! I also saw, you have Mama Melrose for your Sept trip. Have you eaten there before? It will be new for us? I assume since you picked it, you like it? :goodvibes

We are also booked for the Bon Voyage breakfast at Tratorria al Forno, but I thought it was Ariel and Prince Eric with Rapunzel and Flynn? I'm going to have a very disappointed daughter if it's not! :scared:
:welcome:
You maybe right! And I think Ariel and Prince Eric is actually WAY better! I just checked and this is what the Disney website says:

Bon Voyage Adventure Breakfast
Jump-start your morning with a hearty breakfast featuring beloved Characters from some of your favorite Disney fairytales.

Familiar faces from popular animated tales such as Tangled and The Little Mermaid will be drifting through the restaurant and stopping by your table to meet you while you dine on delicious morning staples. You may encounter such Characters as:

• Ariel
  • Prince Eric
  • Rapunzel
  • Flynn Rider
Be sure to get autographs and photos—and share your own hopes and dreams with a visiting Prince or Princess.

Note: Disney Characters join Guests for breakfast only. Character appearances are subject to change.

So, you are correct BUT it does say Characters are subject to change. The dining hasn't started yet, I don't think. So, it will be interesting to see who the backup peps are. My girls will like meeting the Princes. They have always asked why they can't meet them as well. And Flynn with be so fun with all the Frying Pan jokes!!!

I am kind of happy with doing it on the "slow" morning. We can also check out the boardwalk a bit, since we have never been over that way. I am looking forward to seeing how you like the meal! I also saw, you have Mama Melrose for your Sept trip. Have you eaten there before? It will be new for us? I assume since you picked it, you like it? :goodvibes

That's our plan too :thumbsup2 we're thinking of renting surrey bikes and checking out the shops after.

We've never been there but heard good things! I had it picked for this trip but switched it for Scifi.

Ariel, Eric, Rapunzel, and Flynn would be so much fun! Our kids don't enjoy characters meals anymore. Sad face. But when Chris and I go without kids, I want to try to sneak a few in.

:welcome:
You maybe right! And I think Ariel and Prince Eric is actually WAY better! I just checked and this is what the Disney website says:

Bon Voyage Adventure Breakfast
Jump-start your morning with a hearty breakfast featuring beloved Characters from some of your favorite Disney fairytales.

Familiar faces from popular animated tales such as Tangled and The Little Mermaid will be drifting through the restaurant and stopping by your table to meet you while you dine on delicious morning staples. You may encounter such Characters as:

• Ariel
  • Prince Eric
  • Rapunzel
  • Flynn Rider
Be sure to get autographs and photos—and share your own hopes and dreams with a visiting Prince or Princess.

Note: Disney Characters join Guests for breakfast only. Character appearances are subject to change.

So, you are correct BUT it does say Characters are subject to change. The dining hasn't started yet, I don't think. So, it will be interesting to see who the backup peps are. My girls will like meeting the Princes. They have always asked why they can't meet them as well. And Flynn with be so fun with all the Frying Pan jokes!!!

Phew! Well, with it being subject to change, I hope that's who we get! It will definitely be interesting to read reviews once it gets started!

Following along! Nailing down a plan is hard--we changed ours 3 or 4 times before we made our ADRs!:laughing: It sounds like you've got really great dining planned--I would highly recommend BOG if you can fit it in! :thumbsup2

It's a MAGICAL Thurdsay!
Why, you ask?!?

I booked our package last night!!! Woo Hoo!!!! pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:

I sent the email to DH yesterday morning, and of course he hadn't even looked at yet. While the girls were doing there homework after school. I checked room availablilty. As I really wanted to book soon. And, as I was worried about, all standard rooms are gone at Wilderness Lodge. So, now we have to either book a Courtyard room or a bunkbed room. Which we did the bunkbed rooms, which are fine for us, they they are more $$$. And not worth it.

Anyway.... I told DH all this last night, and he said to just go ahead and book it! So, I did! We are booked for 5 nights with 5 day tickets (no park hopping). I ran a couple dinning plans by DH in this morning and of course, he was like we aren't going to do anything before the party.... He is worse than me. So, we will see if I can keep that plan as is... But this is my problem. DH won't really pay attention to the planning now, because it's so far out. But then it will be 1 or 2 months before and THEN he gets interested. But it's basically to late to change some of the dinning options...

Ariel, Eric, Rapunzel, and Flynn would be so much fun! Our kids don't enjoy characters meals anymore. Sad face. But when Chris and I go without kids, I want to try to sneak a few in.
My girls are getting that way. They don't care as much, which is good for being able to pick restaurants with better food options. But it does make me super sad. I know the girls will love meeting the boys. And I do need to do it soon, they are getting big fast!

Phew! Well, with it being subject to change, I hope that's who we get! It will definitely be interesting to read reviews once it gets started!
We will need to keep an eye out together for reviews!

Following along! Nailing down a plan is hard--we changed ours 3 or 4 times before we made our ADRs!:laughing: It sounds like you've got really great dining planned--I would highly recommend BOG if you can fit it in! :thumbsup2
:welcome: It is so hard to nail plans down. There are just too many things to choose from! I think we are pretty much set with this general plan. #crossingmyfingers I have a handful of other dinning I wish I could have squeezed in, but there is always the next trip! We have done BOG dinner, DH wasn't wowed by it. And we did BOG breakfast and hated it! Everyone was rushing to get in and out to get in line for SDMT. And that is a shame, the restaurant is so beautiful. I am looking forward to trying lunch. (hopefully)

Well, I guess, I should get to work...

We have done BOG dinner, DH wasn't wowed by it. And we did BOG breakfast and hated it! Everyone was rushing to get in and out to get in line for SDMT. And that is a shame, the restaurant is so beautiful. I am looking forward to trying lunch. (hopefully)

I didn't love BOG breakfast, either. I absolutely adored it when we've gone for lunch and dinner, though! :)

I booked our package last night!!! Woo Hoo!!!! pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:
WAHOO!!! So glad you got it booked, even though it it a more expensive bunk bed room. Just keep checking availability and maybe something will pop up!

But this is my problem. DH won't really pay attention to the planning now, because it's so far out. But then it will be 1 or 2 months before and THEN he gets interested. But it's basically to late to change some of the dinning options...
Oh, men! I am so not surprised by this and I seriously doubt you are alone! Even my DH has questioned a few of my plans, EVEN THOUGH HE HAS NO IDEA WHAT HE IS TALKING ABOUT!!! LOL

Not So Scary Halloween Party Day - No park

:thumbsup2 Not that doing a park this day will be horrible, because when is going to a park horrible lol? But I think if you stick to this you'll be happy.

Head to Trattoria al Forno @ 9:00 for Breakfast - this breakfast is over at the boardwalk. we will need to take the boat to MK and then take a bus to the boardwalk area. But the breakfast will have Rapunzel & Flynn and Tianna & Naveen.
Nice! I have this booked for Steve and I for May but I think I'm going to drop it :( He's fine doing it without the kids for me, but well, I guess I haven't reached that comfort level yet :o Going to put an alert out for one in August since it's still looking good right now for us all going that month.

And, as I was worried about, all standard rooms are gone at Wilderness Lodge. So, now we have to either book a Courtyard room or a bunkbed room.
So glad you're staying at my favorite resort! Yeah, I haven't been able to get a standard room for Sept, Oct, or Nov. But like @ArielSRL said if you want to change just keep looking, things do open up ::yes:: The important thing is you're in!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter