September is a good time to celebrate 40 & 10! - Updated 9/13

I didn't love BOG breakfast, either. I absolutely adored it when we've gone for lunch and dinner, though! :)
Glad to hear that. I assume breakfast is super crazy with everyone trying to get in and out. I actually think I like the lunch menu better than the dinner menu... We will see!

Also, my youngest likes to look over my shoulder all the time while I am on the computer and she likes your little mickey bar images.

I vote for this! We are doing this in June!
So, we have eaten dinner at Wilderness Lodge twice. We love it but since we have done it twice, I was kind of hoping for other thinks.. I did look at the lunch menu and it is different than dinner, so we could do that.

I think I am going to be a bad person and book Wilderness Lodge & Trattoria al Forno to have an option... maybe...

WAHOO!!! So glad you got it booked, even though it it a more expensive bunk bed room. Just keep checking availability and maybe something will pop up!
I will check, I am also hoping for free dinning. Last time, we ended up in a bunk bed room but got free dining, so it evened out a bit. But of course, we aren't relying on that.

Oh, men! I am so not surprised by this and I seriously doubt you are alone! Even my DH has questioned a few of my plans, EVEN THOUGH HE HAS NO IDEA WHAT HE IS TALKING ABOUT!!! LOL
I know!!! I need to force DH to pay attention at some point this weekend. Some of my restaurant will be almost impossible to switch 60 days out. So, I need him to have a general ok. Otherwise, he will be out of luck!

So glad you're staying at my favorite resort! Yeah, I haven't been able to get a standard room for Sept, Oct, or Nov. But like @ArielSRL said if you want to change just keep looking, things do open up ::yes:: The important thing is you're in!
I figured it would happen. So I wasn't surprised when I checked. But here is the thing I was wondering.. The standard rooms, at least the ones on the Roaring Forks side are basically Views of Magic Kingdom and the Contemporary. If you are high enough up... I also think the courtyard rooms are lesser view, now that they tore all of the trees down to build the new DVC buildings.... They have it backwards. I think that is what I am most sad about not having a standard room. I mean I know I could be on the first floor and not really have that view. Maybe it's just me...

Really, I don't care!!! We are going to DISNEY!!! And we love WL! So, I won't complain.

:thumbsup2 Not that doing a park this day will be horrible, because when is going to a park horrible lol? But I think if you stick to this you'll be happy.
We will see. MK is EMH hours that morning, So we could sneak over do that for a bit and still get a good rest time in. Morgan is ALWAYS asking to swim more than a half hour here and there, so I think it will be good to rest all day. But DH... we will see... Like is said above, I might be a bad person and book a couple dinning options for this day.. It's really the most up in the air day...

I told DH, the theme of this trip will be Night Time Shows! We haven't seen most of them since the girls tired out by the evening. But I think we will be able to make some of these with rests in the middle of the day. Which we will need with the heat. Our first trip was in June, and that was hot, but since then we have gone it November and February. So, still warm but not nearly as hot.

But here is the thing I was wondering.. The standard rooms, at least the ones on the Roaring Forks side are basically Views of Magic Kingdom and the Contemporary. If you are high enough up... I also think the courtyard rooms are lesser view, now that they tore all of the trees down to build the new DVC buildings.... They have it backwards
Yeah.....you're correct. And I'm pretty sure once all the construction is complete, the standard view rooms that have the beautiful views now of Wishes will be TPV and thus, more $$$. We had such a perfect view from our standard view 5th floor room last August and all we'd requested was "upper floor". When we got there they had us on the 3rd floor so I asked if we could wait for something on 4 or 5 and they came through :)

Really, I don't care!!! We are going to DISNEY!!! And we love WL! So, I won't complain.
Exactly!

I told DH, the theme of this trip will be Night Time Shows!
I like that theme!

Glad to hear that. I assume breakfast is super crazy with everyone trying to get in and out. I actually think I like the lunch menu better than the dinner menu... We will see!

Also, my youngest likes to look over my shoulder all the time while I am on the computer and she likes your little mickey bar images.

I think I love BOG lunch and dinner equally. And aw, that's so sweet! Thank you! :)

Yeah.....you're correct. And I'm pretty sure once all the construction is complete, the standard view rooms that have the beautiful views now of Wishes will be TPV and thus, more $$$. We had such a perfect view from our standard view 5th floor room last August and all we'd requested was "upper floor". When we got there they had us on the 3rd floor so I asked if we could wait for something on 4 or 5 and they came through :)
This is exactly what I feared. And I fear that the overall room rate will go up and we may have to find a new favorite resort... :(

Happy Tuesday!
26 Weeks (182 Days) Till our September Vacation!

Well, I am trying to be happy. I am a little under the weather. Nothing terrible just your standard head cold that won't go away... It is sucking all my energy out of me. And there is no rest for the mama.

I wanted to write real quick because.... My ADR day is THURSDAY!!!!! I think I am pretty set with my schedule, so I should be ready to go on Thursday. I am wondering if there are any back up reservations I should make... I just haven't thought about it in awhile.

I did talk to DH about it and he said it was fine. He thought it might be a lot of riding the bus back and forth. Sigh... Can't win them all, can't go back to the hotel everyday to rest when you know it will be hot out AND not ride the bus! Sigh....

So, I decided to pretend he said that it's a great plan and look perfect! instead... :)

So, I need to figure out the times for a few of my reservations:
  • Ohana - I think this will need to be right at the first seating 3:30. This is arrival day and we will want to head to a park after.
  • Skipper Canteen - This I am thinking 5-ish. We will def go back to the hotel and rest a bit before heading back into the party. Maybe even 6?
  • Tusker House - I was going to do a 5 dinner. But now I am thinking maybe a strategically placed lat lunch might help if we want to not leave Animal Kingdom and just try and make it all day. So, I could do a 1:30 reservation, which would be a good time to get out of the heat and relax for a bit. But if they extend park hours for that day, we may want to go back and rest, if we can stay in the park till 10? But what are the chances of them extending from a 7 close all the way to 10? I want to do ROL package with this. Does anyone know, do they tell you which seating you will be in when you book it?
  • Trattoria Al Forno - This one is another one I need to decide what time. I am thinking 9:30, maybe? I don't want it to be too early. But I don't want it to late either. I want to be able to have a good chunk of time to swim and relax before the party. You figure we would need to leave Wilderness Lodge 8:30-ish to get over there in time. 9:30 - 10:30/11:00 for the breakfast and then another hour-ish to get back? Maybe 9:00 AM reservation.....
  • Mama Melrose - This will probably need to be a 5:00 reservation. I want to do the Fantastic package for this. And we will def need down time in the morning after the party. So, we will def NOT be doing rope drop today! Again, when I book the Fantastic Package do I pick a show time as well?
Well, that is it from me! I hope everyone had a great first day of spring! I wasn't very peppy but my girls took advantage of it being not freezing out. So, not too bad!

Soooooo....

I listened to a WDW Radio Podcast on the way and back from work and they were eating at Sanaa lounge. And now I REALLY want to get Sanaa back in my plans! I need to try this!!!!
sanaa-bread-service.jpg

It is making me hungry just looking at it. We love Indian, so I know DH & I will love dinner (or lunch) here.

Also, I google Sanaa Bread Service and found MANY photos to choose from!

I am thinking as an alternate plan, we could do Sanaa on MNSHP day, go for lunch? And then push Trattoria al Forna to HS day, and get the last seating for that then take the boat over to HS. I would have to drop Mama Melrose, which is ok with me. I wasn't dyeing to try it. I just liked getting the Fantastic Package....

On other topics, I found a few more foods that I need to add to my lists...

First is this HUGE thing!!!
FullSizeRender.jpg
Disney Dining Posted it today on Instagram and it just looks so good. I think they said you can get it at the plaza and at Sleepy Hollow.

While we are at the Plaza.... I know it is a complete waste to do it, but i have some weird attraction to wanting to get cereal in the morning at Magic Kingdom in one of those super cute Mickey Kitchen Sink bowls! I know we can get a sundae in them as well, but I don't know, I feel like that is such a "disney" memory eating fruity pebbles out of mickeys' pants sitting on the curb on Main Street! Am I right? No?

And I mean we might "need" to get a cronut with ice cream on it, as well! Morgan loves apple pie things, so I think that is calling her name...
FullSizeRender 4.jpg

These are also at the Plaza, and I assume you need to actually eat there with a dinning reservation... So, who knows when I will get to try these. But don't they look good! They are called Plaza Fries. Yum!

But now that I am writing this, they aren't taking reservations for Breakfast at the Plaza are they?!? I wouldn't think so. But you never know.
FullSizeRender 2.jpg

And while on fries.... These look amazing also. These are over in Animal Kingdom @ Flame Tree BBQ, I think. This could be my lunch that day!
FullSizeRender 3.jpg

Oh, so hungry now!

Wowza! I fell so far behind! Glad you've basically nailed down plans. If you're anything like me they'll change about 100 times before you actually arrive! As for your DH I'm not sure which is worse having a hubby who isn't interested at this point but is a month before, or one who doesn't care until you're there (ya know, like mine). He has no opinion on anything until we arrive and then suddenly he's a Disney world expert. :sad2:

Psyched your ADR day is tomorrow! I hope your feeling better for that early morning wake up. i was so bummed I couldn't book the actual ROL dining for September yet. Looks like it's 90 days in advance, rather than 180. The lunch sounds like a solid option if you don't wanna head back to the resort.

We're actually talking about changing our resort to avoid being on the bus the entire time. Might be doing fewer breaks like you guys.

Good luck tomorrow!!

Wowza! I fell so far behind! Glad you've basically nailed down plans.
It is so easy to fall behind, right?!?

If you're anything like me they'll change about 100 times before you actually arrive!
I am sure I will change something either because Disney will change something or I will change my mind. But I am trying REALLY hard this time to minimize it! I know a couple of these ADR's will be hard to move the closer I get to us going.

Psyched your ADR day is tomorrow! I hope your feeling better for that early morning wake up.
I do feel better! Thank Goodness! Laying around yesterday with the girls helped after work!

i was so bummed I couldn't book the actual ROL dining for September yet. Looks like it's 90 days in advance, rather than 180.
Hmm. Wonder if that is because they aren't sure still how many showings they will have... I guess I will book a regular Tusker House reservation and then see what happens.

The lunch sounds like a solid option if you don't wanna head back to the resort.
I def think that is what I am going to do. That way, we can just stay all day at Animal Kingdom. I think we can do it after our most recent trip. And the day after we won't have to get up and go. So, we can kind of go go go that day!

We're actually talking about changing our resort to avoid being on the bus the entire time. Might be doing fewer breaks like you guys.
Oh No!!! You are at Wilderness Lodge right now, right? We love that resort. What are you thinking of switching to? The Poly perhaps?!?

Ready for ADR Day!

So, I am ready (I think) or at least as ready as I can be at this point... Honestly this is the most prepared I have ever been to sit down and make the reservations... So, here is my cheat sheet for tomorrow morning.
ADR Plan.jpg

Basically what I have outlined above with a few tweeks:
  • I move BOG lunch to Tuesday, so that if we run out of counter service by Sunday, DH and I can split meals and pay a little less at Columbia Harbor House. (And to make sure we get it in!)
  • I switched back to Sanaa. It just looks so good. I am thinking we can chill at the hotel in the morning, head over for a 'linner' time at Sanaa and then take a bus straight to MK for the NSSHP!
  • And I think I will make a couple alternate reservations for the Trattoria AL Forno reservation just in case the group doesn't want to go all the way over there. (But I do want to keep it)
  • And I threw the Plaza in, as an alternate option if we are out of counter service credits. We can pay out of pocket for it, if need be.

Well, I am off to take the girls to swim lessons, as noted above. ;)

h No!!! You are at Wilderness Lodge right now, right? We love that resort. What are you thinking of switching to? The Poly perhaps?!?

We actually stayed at WL one night a few days ago, and LOVED it. We booked a BB for AKL, but now DH wants to be on the bus less, so Poly and WL are options. But he doesn't wanna talk about it right now...:confused3

Glad you're all set for tomorrow! I hope you get all your ADRs for the times you want!

Btw, love your planner! Super cute.

Yum! That bread service looks aaaaammmaaaaazzzzzzing!

Happy ADR day! I hope you got everything you were hoping for!

I will post a report on what I ended up getting for ADR's later. I hopped on the computer to do just that, then I started readying everyone else's updates and ran out of time! But my last stop has brought something that I needed to post now! (Mostly because I don't want to forget about it!

Tinker bell Gifts

So, I have started to thinking a little bit about Tinkerbell Gifts for the girls. I have a love/hate relationship with this tradition with the girls. It started on our first trip. I wanted to try and curb some of the I want want wants on our first trip. And they girls were so little, so I did target costumes for a couple of the days, also to curb wanting the $90 costumes. Which it did work!

But now they expect the gifts... I figure the gig will be up when they figure out things like Santa and the Easter bunny.... Until then, I keep up the tradition!

But I need new ideas for this trip! And I think I found my first one from @Raeven!
I have been looking for new autograph ideas, and I love love love this idea! It's a giant celebration pin.
Giant Best Day Ever Pin.jpg
Side View.jpg
I am thinking I can do a big one and then two small ones for one of the days!

http://www.parkboundbuttons.com/store/c3/Buttons.html

I am a little too excited about this... :hyper2:

Others may have already answered your questions because I'm late but here is my 2 cents....

Well, I am trying to be happy. I am a little under the weather. Nothing terrible just your standard head cold that won't go away... It is sucking all my energy out of me. And there is no rest for the mama.
I hope you feel better soon!

I wanted to write real quick because.... My ADR day is THURSDAY!!!!!
Oh no, I missed it. How did it go? I'm sure i will find out when I read through the rest of this thread. I am behind, obviously!

I am wondering if there are any back up reservations I should make... I just haven't thought about it in awhile.
Honestly you probably have a few days, if not more, to go back in and modify, or add ADRs. It will take a while for everything to start booking up. Maybe even a few months. It is only just now that I am having trouble changing some of my ADRs and really I'm not having that much trouble, other than not getting the exact times I want or not seeing availability for the ROL package.

So, I decided to pretend he said that it's a great plan and look perfect! instead... :)
HAHAHA...I LOVE this decision!

But what are the chances of them extending from a 7 close all the way to 10?
I'd say pretty good. Its still not going to get dark til almost 8 right? They have so much nighttime stuff now, I bet they stay open til 10.

I want to do ROL package with this. Does anyone know, do they tell you which seating you will be in when you book it?
The one I booked did say 1st showing.

So, we will def NOT be doing rope drop today! Again, when I book the Fantastic Package do I pick a show time as well?
I think lately they have been only doing 1 showing of Fantasmic and I think the dining plan is only for the first one regardless of how many they have per night.

I need to try this!!!!
sanaa-bread-service-jpg.226810
Yep...definitely doing this in June! Already on the list, as you know.

First is this HUGE thing!!!
fullsizerender-jpg.226814
Yum! I think they have variations of this throughout WDW. I know there is one they have at AK...Trilo Bites Snacks, maybe?

While we are at the Plaza.... I know it is a complete waste to do it, but i have some weird attraction to wanting to get cereal in the morning at Magic Kingdom in one of those super cute Mickey Kitchen Sink bowls! I know we can get a sundae in them as well, but I don't know, I feel like that is such a "disney" memory eating fruity pebbles out of mickeys' pants sitting on the curb on Main Street! Am I right? No?
I want the Mickey waffles...so I may get those on our Tuesday MK morning.

They are called Plaza Fries. Yum!
Those look really good!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter