Serial Pretrip reporter, back at it again! February 2019 PTR

I’m sooooo excited that we’re finally planning a trip together. :cool1:

My take on the AP... buying it kind of locks in the future trips because if obstacles come up you’re going to feel like you’ve wasted money if you don’t use that AP. For me that would be a reason NOT to get it because I get anxiety at the idea of not being flexible. For you I think it’s a reason TO get it because I know you like having those trips locked down. So, I wouldn’t do it but maybe you should??? Super helpful, I know... :rolleyes1

BTW, as I type this Kya is sitting next to me texting Savannah as they plan to crash our trip. :rotfl2:

I’m sooooo excited that we’re finally planning a trip together. :cool1:

My take on the AP... buying it kind of locks in the future trips because if obstacles come up you’re going to feel like you’ve wasted money if you don’t use that AP. For me that would be a reason NOT to get it because I get anxiety at the idea of not being flexible. For you I think it’s a reason TO get it because I know you like having those trips locked down. So, I wouldn’t do it but maybe you should??? Super helpful, I know... :rolleyes1

BTW, as I type this Kya is sitting next to me texting Savannah as they plan to crash our trip. :rotfl2:

Yes, I'm awares of this new development. If they didn't cost money I wouldn't mind since they could just go off and do their own thing at their age...but this would cause money problems with the room! Why are they doing this to us?!?!?! :rotfl2:

Last edited:

Your park plans sound tough! Idk what I would do about MK vs DHS! I'm a fan of DHS and with the new stuff opening I'd probably want extra time there. BUT if you think you can get what you want done on your DHS day, then maybe MK is the way to go!

Omg that Chesire cat magic shot is amazing!

OooO tough choice about the AP. I've never had an AP so I can't really help. But I would say go for it. Then you and your hubby will definitely have a reason to plan a trip along together!! ;)

THE WHERE, THE WHEN & TATTOO

Does anyone find it amusing that I need three posts for an introduction? I don't.

Our dates are Sunday, Feb. 24th- Friday, March 1st 2019! Arriving on the day of the Princess Half Marathon, so it will be a little bittersweet to see everyone with their medals. No races this trip though!

We haven't stayed onsite for a couple years and Pop is our HOME HOME HOME, so I'm so excited to go back! (Can you tell I really really love it?)

SmartSelect_20180413-100424_Instagram.jpg

It's the first Disney resort we stayed at on our first trip and has so many memories. My friend who took us passed away last year, so I am going to try and enjoy the memories and not get sad when they hit me.

WDW2008564.jpg

I owe every last bit of my Disney obsession to MA. Disney wasn't even on my radar before she took us on this commando trip! She had so much energy, I really struggled to keep up with her but she loaded me up with margaritas whenever I threatened to have a Disney meltdown! :laughing:

I still remember how blown away Savannah (Sav) was when we walked into the lobby of Pop. Hoola hoops!

WDW2008061.jpg

I obviously didn't have a good camera back then! It was actually that trip in 2008 that made me start hunting for a good camera and taking some photography lessons.

Aw look, it's an OG bubblegum wall! LOL
WDW2008666.jpg

WDW20081528.jpg

5 nights and 4 park days (actually 5, more on that later) which is more than we have done in a long time. We usually only have about 3 park days, if that, so I'm really excited about having a little more time.

Last but not least, I'm also working on a full arm sleeve tattoo, all Disney/Wonderland themed! I know I'm old but I didn't do it when I was younger so I'm doing it now!

It's not finished but don't worry, I'll plaster updates all over as I get more finished:

IMG_20180329_081731_228.jpg

IMG_20180328_193738_937.jpg

20180328_163700.jpg

SmartSelect_20180329-053030_Instagram.jpg

Beautiful Ink. Here I have spent a couple of years just trying to talk myself into putting TikerBell on my shoulder!

Your park plans sound tough! Idk what I would do about MK vs DHS! I'm a fan of DHS and with the new stuff opening I'd probably want extra time there. BUT if you think you can get what you want done on your DHS day, then maybe MK is the way to go!

Omg that Chesire cat magic shot is amazing!

OooO tough choice about the AP. I've never had an AP so I can't really help. But I would say go for it. Then you and your hubby will definitely have a reason to plan a trip along together!! ;)
Yep, I'm thinking if I get the AP, it will force me to plan another trip and usually when he and I plan a trip, it ends up not happening because its lower on the priority list of things to spend money on.

Beautiful Ink. Here I have spent a couple of years just trying to talk myself into putting TikerBell on my shoulder!

Truth be told, when I was young I didn't want one and then for years and years I thought about getting a tree. When I finally got it at 40, my first tattoo, I wondered why I ever waited!

IMG-6109.jpg
I never have regretted it and now you see what's happened! The disney arm goes right into the swirls of the tree tattoo!

That last day I'm really unsure. We usually want to do MK last but if we do Disney After Hours thursday night, do we really need to go back to MK(which has emh that day)? We could do DTD but that seems a waste since we are getting this extra ticket from UT at no cost.

MK. You can always change later. Course, like you, I am NOT a MGM fan. Or HS. Or whatever it's called. Put me on ToT... and I can be done with that park. Even with the Toy Story addition, I'm not sure it'll be a park for me. I did Toy Story land in Paris and it was only 'ok'.

Finally, speaking of my girl... she reminded me (and reading this confirmed) that we do Disney VERY differently. We're going to have to find some middle ground before 2019. :scared::rolleyes1

Hope! We got pulled into a trip! :cool1: As Karen pointed out, my buddy Julie has a much more 'easy going' tour style. When I told her she was coming with us in 2019 for Wine and Dine her exact reply was "You had me at Wine". Her favorite thing to do is literally wander World Showcase and drink. She doesn't like fast rides or coasters. She likes parades and rides like Small World. She is 100% content to sit out a coaster and explore her area....... I think we will have a nice balance between the 4 of us.... and we can totally make it work by finding common ground. First thing will be sending Karen out of the room at 4am with coffee and her camera! :coffee:

really dont tour the same commando way when I'm there for a girls/running trip. I just hit favorites and spend a lot of time just taking pictures (and attempting to be a lush even though I cant hold my alcohol anymore) :laughing: it's a slower pace. I think if anything, they will be annoyed waiting for us while we're stopping every 2 seconds for photography! :rolleyes1
I call Bull$hiz on this one! You actually really do do commando on a girls/running trip. May I direct your attention to our 4 parks (really 5), 1 day we did on the day BEFORE our races?!? Yhea. So nice try trying to diffuse that. #fail. P.S- WATER. :drinking: Also, we need matching shirts for the 4 of us!

THEN, I've suddenly concocted a plan to run the Wine&Dine 10k with my Tweedle in Nov 2019
You mean 'walk' the 10K. :crutches:

So does anyone have any insight or suggestions? Part of me just wants to forget it and get just the tickets for this trip, but those discounts sound so nice!
I loved having my AP for the year. They ended up changing everything to 20% off that year for some reason. So I got 20% off food and snacks. I loved it! Plus you get a special magic band, a magnet for your car... and all the other discounts. I really did love having it.. I was so sad when it expired and I couldn't convince Cap't Killjoy to let me renew!

MK. You can always change later. Course, like you, I am NOT a MGM fan. Or HS. Or whatever it's called. Put me on ToT... and I can be done with that park. Even with the Toy Story addition, I'm not sure it'll be a park for me. I did Toy Story land in Paris and it was only 'ok'.

Hope! We got pulled into a trip! :cool1: As Karen pointed out, my buddy Julie has a much more 'easy going' tour style. When I told her she was coming with us in 2019 for Wine and Dine her exact reply was "You had me at Wine". Her favorite thing to do is literally wander World Showcase and drink. She doesn't like fast rides or coasters. She likes parades and rides like Small World. She is 100% content to sit out a coaster and explore her area....... I think we will have a nice balance between the 4 of us.... and we can totally make it work by finding common ground. First thing will be sending Karen out of the room at 4am with coffee and her camera! :coffee:

I call Bull$hiz on this one! You actually really do do commando on a girls/running trip. May I direct your attention to our 4 parks (really 5), 1 day we did on the day BEFORE our races?!? Yhea. So nice try trying to diffuse that. #fail. P.S- WATER. :drinking: Also, we need matching shirts for the 4 of us!

You mean 'walk' the 10K. :crutches:

I loved having my AP for the year. They ended up changing everything to 20% off that year for some reason. So I got 20% off food and snacks. I loved it! Plus you get a special magic band, a magnet for your car... and all the other discounts. I really did love having it.. I was so sad when it expired and I couldn't convince Cap't Killjoy to let me renew!

Oh yeah, we did do 5 parks 1 day. But we didn't ride much, doesn't that make it less commando? :rotfl2:

Ok, maybe I'm liar. Maybe commando is just my relaxed. I did take a relaxed trip with Rey, we did 3 rides the whole time...erm...but we did do wine and dine until I couldn't eat another thing and Rey was speed walking all over the place...

Hmm. FINE! IM COMMANDO. are you happy now??? :rolleyes1

:rotfl2:

Yeah, I guess SPRINTING across a park to make fps isn't quite relaxed touring. It's all I know man! :confused3

Hey, I'm always game for it.... Hope and Julie are going to hate us by the end of our trip. Hahahaha! We'll just keep putting wine in their hand and they will forgive us more easily.

Hey, I'm always game for it.... Hope and Julie are going to hate us by the end of our trip. Hahahaha! We'll just keep putting wine in their hand and they will forgive us more easily.

This is perfection, we can be booze pushers but won't actually have to drink any ourselves to get the entertainment benefit! :rotfl:

Truth be told, when I was young I didn't want one and then for years and years I thought about getting a tree. When I finally got it at 40, my first tattoo, I wondered why I ever waited!

IMG-6109.jpg
I never have regretted it and now you see what's happened! The disney arm goes right into the swirls of the tree tattoo!

The tree tattoo is so beautiful!

I just got my first tattoo a year ago. Tiny dragonfly on my ankle at age 37. I went with my Mom on her 60th birthday (her 1st tattoo too!)

20170326_184510[1].jpg
It hurt just enough that I am having a time convincing myself to do the next (much bigger one) but then I keep telling myself that it won't be as bad as the ankle-bone

d6f9008582f9b485ea730ad01fab165f.jpg

This is kind of how I want TB to look on it. I've wanted this forever

The tree tattoo is so beautiful!

I just got my first tattoo a year ago. Tiny dragonfly on my ankle at age 37. I went with my Mom on her 60th birthday (her 1st tattoo too!)

View attachment 317105
It hurt just enough that I am having a time convincing myself to do the next (much bigger one) but then I keep telling myself that it won't be as bad as the ankle-bone

View attachment 317106

This is kind of how I want TB to look on it. I've wanted this forever

Do it!!!! You've already got one, what's one more!! That's so cool that your mom got her first at 60! You're never too old! :woohoo:

:cool1: Okay, I made it over here from my pre trip report.

I'm a little bit familiar with EDS because my daughter has a related disorder, Marfans Syndrome.

I say the AP is the way to go. I've never actually had one before, but I'm so planning to get one soon.

:cool1: Okay, I made it over here from my pre trip report.

I'm a little bit familiar with EDS because my daughter has a related disorder, Marfans Syndrome.

I say the AP is the way to go. I've never actually had one before, but I'm so planning to get one soon.

Ah yes, I'm familiar with Marfans, kinda a sister-gene of sorts!

I'm pretty sure I will do the AP but may have to leave it until the end, and upgrade when we arrive. It will help not needing it all upfront.

Update time!! I'm being lazy and doing it from my phone, so excuse any typos if I miss them.

update on the tattoo Disney sleeve progress first! It's coming along, I'm about 16 hours in and we think maybe 8-9 more hours to complete.

IMG_20180426_130102_631.jpg

I love it so far!! It looks almost done but these a lot more on the back & under my upper arm (ouchie!!!) still to be done.

I thought I might be able to squeeze my princess half medal in there but there's no room. Still have to add my 3 of hearts card soldier (symbolizes Rey and my 3 kids) and a big disney balloon. I'm happy with that though, I've realized that no matter how much space you think you have, it fills quicker than you think! Also, I won't sacrifice quality by making things too small. Small tattoos tend to blend into blobs over time, it's just not a good idea to make them tiny. And there's your tattoo tips for the day, since I'm a dang expert now. :rotfl2:

So on to trip planning! I'm in that horrible limbo where plans MAY change but I won't know for a bit....

See, the last few years Savannah and I have gone to Disney during the same week as Playlist Live. Its a youtube convention they do once a year in Orlando where you can meet people you watch and they have panels, meetups and a pool party topped off with fireworks. We have loved it but our Disney time has suffered for it. Last year we didn't even stay at disney, we just stayed at the marriot world center and drove to disney for our park days.

We didn't go this year, it's actually this weekend and Savannah is having regrets about not going. We are CONSIDERING going next year. It will depend on dates, they change it each year. I'm so torn! I love disney, but the marriot is a beautiful resort, I can see epcot from the gorgeous balcony.

FB_IMG_1524852281793.jpg

We could stay at disney the whole time(and it would be cheaper) but it's really nice to stay in the hotel be ause the convention is right downstairs.

And to be honest, the fireworks from the balcony the last night rivaled even disney fireworks for me.They were literally in front of our face, I couldnt even get a decent pic but grabbed one from someone who was on one of the side balconies.
FB_IMG_1524852335610.jpg

I have video but dont think you can post them on the dis. Anyway...

Ramble ramble...

If the dates worked with my petsitting schedule, we would probably do split stay but it will take away from disney. Top we would get 4 nights at Pop, 4 park days but to be honest I'm not sure I could afford that and it might end up being 3 nights/3 park days.

But I LOVE seeing Sav meet some of these people she has watched and related to for years. We live in a not-so-diverse area and that sometimes isolates Savannah. Playlist has been a wonderful way for her to be with "her people" and I think she feels like she belongs.
(I'm posting this because I almost lost it all and then I'll edit to add the rest!):scared:
FB_IMG_1524852369468.jpg

FB_IMG_1524852359930.jpg

So, there's my dilema! It may end up that the dates are around spring break or Easter (my busy times for petsitting) and the decision will be made for us. But, if we do go, i will have to rethink the AP because I dont know that I would save enough and probably have to use that money for the Marriott.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter