SHADES OF GREEN at Walt Disney World Resort Information & Questions

We LOVE SoG! I just checked, and it’s wide open for next year. We’ve always been able to get a reservation a few months out.

Thanks for the reply. I'll keep an eye out on their website.

In terms of guest (non-military) ID, the website says "If you’re a sponsored guest, you need to show your Resort I.D. card and photo identification" and this has been my experience over four stays in the last five years (my dad is the retiree). Neither my brother nor I have military IDs, so we just use our driver's licenses for the photo identification (and the resort ID card is a little piece of paper they give you at check-in, as mentioned above). We use little plastic ID wallets to hold our ID, room card and license, and are easily able to show it for access at the bus, EMH, etc. I've regularly purchased items in the Exchange shop and never had an issue (they even helpfully held a pair of reading glasses that we found for my dad until he could come down from the room and buy this himself). I do think I've read that only those with military IDs can purchase alcohol, but I don't drink, so I can't vouch for that.

In terms of availability, I think like most Disney resorts, rooms for big events (holidays and RunDisney event weekends) can book out earlier than others. Also always worth keeping an eye on their discounts page, but they will change/reduce the discount value as they bookout.

Good to know, thanks.

Thanks for your reply, I do appreciate it. Maybe more veterans will start going now that they opened up places like this to us who have a rating with the VA. One thing I've read about the SoG is that it can be difficult in getting a reservation because they book up quickly. I just tried for a year out, as a trial, and found nothing. It is like other Disney resorts in that if you keep checking something may open up?
a year out is usually the easiest to get since they only go out that far, i have Christmas at shades and had to let 2019 go by as i was to late and did 2020,

But does that include guests of SOG?

Looking at their site with update as of Saturday April 25th, "Shades of Green will continue to accept reservations for new arrivals after May 31st."

https://www.shadesofgreen.org/your-stay/travel-information-covid-19-update

No, I just thought it was relevant because all active duty are only allowed local leave (under 50 miles from duty station) until June 30th. I would think that's a pretty significant portion of their guests.

I’m hoping we’re gonna make it at the end of June 😬
this my third rebook, was hoping mid may, crowds would have been low and i could knock out star wars land without everyone else there.

No, I just thought it was relevant because all active duty are only allowed local leave (under 50 miles from duty station) until June 30th. I would think that's a pretty significant portion of their guests.
yea, gonna be a somewhat quite hotel till june 30th. but dod civilians and retirees(me) are at least half the guest there. either way good time to go if you can go.

Well with all the current news of this new WDW reservation system how does everyone think SOG will be treated by WDW? I am hoping they consider us to have “existing resort reservations” and let us book park reservations as such.

Well with all the current news of this new WDW reservation system how does everyone think SOG will be treated by WDW? I am hoping they consider us to have “existing resort reservations” and let us book park reservations as such.
I’m hoping for the same. If not, I hope they will extend the salute tickets to next year.

I’m hoping for the same. If not, I hope they will extend the salute tickets to next year.
I'm not sure if this was posted upthread, but if anyone's purchased tickets from SOG, there are some options this year. Steve's blog always is on top of the latest info (he also updates posts as he learns more and he addresses tickets bought on base also).
https://www.militarydisneytips.com/...ces-salute-ticket-policy-for-cancelled-trips/
" 1. No Refunds. However exceptions can be made under the following conditions:
  • Official deployment orders (tickets cannot be expired or used).
  • PCSing and will not be able to use the tickets for a future visit (tickets cannot be expired or used).
  • Illness of self or immediate family. Documentation must be provided
2. Unused Disney Military Promotional (Salute) Tickets purchased from Shades of Green can be upgraded to next year’s promotional tickets or to a Regular Military Magic Your Way Ticket. Shades of Green can only upgrade tickets purchased from Their Ticket Office and only if they have not been upgraded or changed by Disney."

Does anyone know if the pool is opening here with the resort? I’m thinking of cancelling my Disney resort and moving here. Also would need to know if they are giving shades booking reservations for parks too. Maybe I will book just in case.

Just a bit of information I found while deciding whether to keep my Oct/Nov reservations at SoG. The Florida Governor just released Executive Order 20-139 Phase 2: Safe. Smart. Step-by-Step. Plan for Florida's Recovery.

Section 3 states: "Additional Requirements for Certain Individuals Traveling to Florida: Executive Orders 20-80 and 20-82 are extended with exceptions for persons involved in commercial activity and students traveling for the purpose of academic work, internships, sports training and any other activity or program approved by the educational institution.

This plan, IF you are from New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, or Louisiana, may change your Disney plans drastically!!! It extends Executive Orders 20-82 which states the following:

Section 1.
A. I hereby direct all persons who enter the State of Florida from an area with substantial community spread, to include the New York Tri-State Area (Connecticut, New Jersey and New York), to isolate or quarantine for a period of 14 days from the time of entry into the State of Florida or the duration of the person's presence in the State of Florida, whichever is shorter. This Order shall not apply to persons employed by the airlines and those performing military, emergency or health response. This Order shall take effect immediately and apply retroactively to all persons who have entered Florida after being in any area with substantial community spread within the previous 14 days. All persons isolating or quarantining under this Section shall be responsible for all costs associated with their isolation or quarantine, including transportation, lodging, food, medical care and any other expenses to sustain the person during the period of isolation or quarantine.

STAY SAFE MY SOG FRIENDS!

Question, my hubby and 3 friends will be staying the first time at SOG in the fall of 2021. We will be going straight from SOG to Port Canaveral for a Royal Caribbean cruise. We are not renting a car. Suggestions for the most economical way to get to cruise ship? Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter