Sharing my Disney Side PTR

Donald Ducks wife

DIS Veteran
Hello

Well we are going back to DLP I really wanted to do a trip report from our last trip in April but while we were there I was ill, and when I got back I was just recovering and I didn't feel right doing a TR. But I want to say a BIG Thankyou to Kizzy, as she emailed the hotel before we went and we got some awesome pixie dust, We got an empire state club breakfast, an awesome room overlooking the lake, and a private meet and greet with Sofia and Jake at the playhouse Disney show Kizzy is one awesome Dis'er!!

Anyways back to this trip,

When?

Monday 13th to Friday 17th of October

Where?

Hotel New York of course

The Cast

Me Almost 27 year old Disney geek

That's me meeting sofia and jake :)

This is my 8th trip to DLP

My favourites;
Hotel - Hotel New York
Attraction - Stitch live, parades
Character - Stitch

I love pin trading, only got into it a couple of years ago

My boy, Jonah, 5 years old, my big school boy :)

This is him eating breakfast in Empire state club on our last trip.

This is his 7th trip to DLP

Jonah's Favourites;
Hotel - Hotel new York, only if we have a lake view room
Attraction - Big thunder mountain, Star tours and the castle
Character - Goofy

Jonah Dancing with Goofy in front of the castle on our last trip

Daddy, AKA Andy, somewhere in the 30's FIRST EVER TRIP!!!!

Sorry about me being in the picture, but its hard to get a picture of that man on his own.

Has no favourites yet as like I said this is his first ever trip. He has been the france before but didn't visit Disney. He's the love of my life, and I cannot wait to share my Disney side with him :)

Halloween :cool1: it has to be my favourite season at Disney even though we don't celebrate Halloween at home :confused3
I love how all the characters are dressed up, and goofy gives out those awesome purple sweeties :woohoo:

We don't have a plan as such, as when I plan I get like a mad woman if it doesn't go to plan so we are just going with the flow. We are doing Buffalo bills wild west show on the Tuesday night, as our holiday treat, got tickets online last month cheap, so that's all paid for so I don't have to worry about that.
Food wise we wanna do a couple of buffets, Andy is kinda upset theres no Chinese Buffet at DLP like there is here at home, ahh that man has no clue really till he gets there :rotfl2: We will be doing restaurant des stars in the studios, and for fun I wanna try the new remy place, the theming looks awesome! Wanna go to Annettes aswell, as there burgers are mmmmmmm :thumbsup2

This trip im going to be brave, I have never done TOT, so we are going to give it ago. Also phantom Manor, I tried that on my first ever trip back in 2002 and I hated it, as im a wimp, but I wanna try it again and its the kind of thing that Andy would like too.

We are flying from Glasgow at 8am on the Monday, so should arrive at DLP by lunch time. But since our flight is early-ish and we live nearly 2 hours from the airport we are staying in Glasgow the night before, so after church on the sunday we head off to Glasgow, have a nice dinner at a restaurant near the hotel and have an early night for the next day, lets just hope I do sleep this time, as last time we slept over at the hotel the night before I was too excited and too ill to sleep :rolleyes1

We leave DLP at 2.30pm on the Friday and fly back to Edinburgh and should get home around 8pm.

This is our first holiday together, and next time we go together hopefully we will be able to take Andy's other 2 kids with us too so it will be a proper family holiday :) But money wise, that will be another couple of years yet

So yeah 28 days time and we will be there. im saving like crazy at the minute, so we have enough money to spoil the kids and ourselves and for me to buy some new pins to add to my collection :rolleyes1

Anyways.....

Yaayy for another Halloween PTR :thumbsup2 Sounds like you've got some good plans - I really enjoyed Buffallo Bills - which oddly enough we did at Halloween too :)

A wee tip for Phantom Manor - just close your eyes in the stretching room - the first room you enter. Once that bit's done and you walk to the ride itself it's fine ;)

We'll be in HNY too the same week - going on Sunday and coming back late on Thursday - love HNY :love:

Hope you have a great time - I'll look out for you :goodvibes

Yaayy for another Halloween PTR :thumbsup2 Sounds like you've got some good plans - I really enjoyed Buffallo Bills - which oddly enough we did at Halloween too :)

A wee tip for Phantom Manor - just close your eyes in the stretching room - the first room you enter. Once that bit's done and you walk to the ride itself it's fine ;)

We'll be in HNY too the same week - going on Sunday and coming back late on Thursday - love HNY :love:

Hope you have a great time - I'll look out for you :goodvibes

oh im sure my eyes will be closed the entire ride :lmao:

oh please do, and if you see us, give me a wee shout, would be lovely to met you guys. :thumbsup2

Yay DDW - following along.

That sure was fabulous pixie dust you got on your last trip. Sorry you were poorly and hope nothing spoils this trip with your 2 lovely guys. :thumbsup2

We did Phantom Manor from the disabled entrance last visit which completely misses out the stretching room and pre story - you go straight to the Doom Buggies. Part of me would have liked the whole experience but I doubt I'd have gotten sister as far as the buggies if we'd done the whole lot. ;)

Yay DDW - following along.

That sure was fabulous pixie dust you got on your last trip. Sorry you were poorly and hope nothing spoils this trip with your 2 lovely guys. :thumbsup2

We did Phantom Manor from the disabled entrance last visit which completely misses out the stretching room and pre story - you go straight to the Doom Buggies. Part of me would have liked the whole experience but I doubt I'd have gotten sister as far as the buggies if we'd done the whole lot. ;)

ohh thanks for the tip, we will deffo use Jonah's pass then as I was unsure if he would like the dark room or not

Sounds like you have a great trip lined up. I'm there the week before you and can't wait to see all of the Halloween stuff.

I love Phantom Manor and don't mind the first bit but I always shut my eyes near the end when you go past the phantom and the skeleton dog!

Hello :wave2:

So today I was printing off our boarding passes and panic struck, no hold luggage was booked in for our flights opps :furious:

I remember now months ago when I booked the flights I didn't have enough money to add hold luggage and I was going to add it on the week after, but I totally forgot, so £72 paid today, which was meant to be used for euro's but oh well, its done now. Glad I realised now and not at the airport, I would have had to pay the stupid prices they charge.

Anyways......26 days to go!!!

Just catching up on PTR now, sound like a great trip love taking a newbie they just don't get it till they've been do they ?.
Hope you are in better health this trip
X

Hello :wave2:

So 3 weeks tonight at this time, we will be in Glasgow, hopefully just finished our meal out and getting little man ready for bed for our early morning the next morning. ohh cannot wait :)

We already have a list of what we want to do, first day after check in we want to do Annette before we hit the parks, as hopefully at around 2pm in the afternoon Annettes will be dead and we will get a table right away :thumbsup2

I'm only catching up now! I was thrilled Disney showered you guys with pixie dust! You are a super mum and have the most amazing boy and you totally deserved every bit. It was a pleasure to meet you guys last October and I cannot wait to see you guys in March, we are under the 6 month mark now :cool1::cool1::cool1:
Such a great trip planned! Bet Andy is getting very excited now :hyper:
Hope you all have the best time ever! And I'm not jealous of your dinner in Annettes, not at all ::yes:: have a milkshake for me?
Kiz
xxx

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter